Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Update: package with 14PM is lost. Never came Friday nor today (Saturday), and tracking info is stuck on Thursday (day before launch day). Already call Apple/UPS and did a claim. They'll investigate. Side note: Apple employee told me that Apple has a iPhone batch for cases like this, if investigation came that package is really lost, they will send another one and arrive faster compared to new orders on apple.com
This is good to know for those having this issue. Seems like going through apple is best. UPS seems less helpful in storie i am reading

Lovetodayeveryday

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2018
Earth
Press and release up volume, press and release down volume, press and hold side button until you see the Apple icon, then release.

Shouldn’t take more than 15 seconds to start the reboot.

I’m guessing it is already back to functioning but this should fix it if not.

Good luck and let us know if that worked.
Thanks, that’s what’s the agent told me to do! It worked! 🤣

GlennieM

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2017
Wodonga, Victoria, Australia
Me too, I was for delivery on 27th to 28th September and got an email from Apple advising delivery brought forward to next Monday 19th September. So now at 09:45am Sunday Oz time I am waiting almost patiently for tomorrow to come. Almost like Christmas eve! Makes up for the Sh**ty feeling after the debacle of getting onto preorder and finally making it through the order process after nearly 50 minutes. Today, making sure I do some housekeeping and keeping across procedures and update to 16.0.1 before restoring from my old iPhone 7. Deleting heaps of unused Apps on my old phone too. Mustn't forget to back it up before tomorrow too!

Reactions: SpecB

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Playing “hit the island” now LOL

77D3C705-0D43-4305-8D1B-949401347D47.png

Which is of course subject to change. I bet by December ish, It will become Order Today, delivers tomorrow lol
December? You might as well wait for the iPhone 15. Oh wait, Apple will released a new color for the Pro/Pro Max in March/April 😂

I have to admit, it's gonna take a little time getting used to AOD. It's GREAT! But I'll glance at my phone and think it's still on when it shouldn't be.
That's how I've been feeling and it creeps me out. Like I need to turn off my phone or something. It's going to take some time.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
" data-source="post: 31504803" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
I just checked… November 1st? Are you kidding me!!! Everyone who pre-ordered their iPhone is so lucky. Especially the model you wanted.

View attachment 2070118

I’ve received every iPhone from 2011 to 2022 on launch day, minus the 7+ which took 2 weeks to come, and I skipped the 11 and 13 series. I’m lucky this year because I didn’t get in until 8:10am.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
" data-source="post: 31504829" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
If you are looking for an iPhone back screen protector. Order this one below . It fits very nicely and it's not lose. They are so limited right now but that's the best one so far.

I use these when I use bumpers since the back don’t have any protection.

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
" data-source="post: 31504772" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
In the real world. We're going to have to get used to setting the phone down. Otherwise, AOD will stay on while you sleep. A good alternative option would be if AOD gets deactivated after 1-2 hours of no activity. Which means you are sleeping and so on. Apple should consider giving users the option.

It turns off if you have sleep mode set. Mine is 12-6 am

sumiregusa

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
What a day! Got to the Apple Store and did my pickup but of course there's always something...

The store rep that I got was trying to tell me I had to turn in my 12 Pro Max today in order to take advantage of my carrier's trade-in financing offer, or otherwise I would have to mail it in. I told him the confirmation email that comes directly from Apple doesn't say anything about being forced to mail your phone in unless you trade-in at pickup. I went through with doing my checkout as a mail-in so I didn't lose the promotion but I was fuming as he was just completely unapologetic about making s*** up and not knowing what he was talking about.

I got an Apple CS rep on the phone while I was still in the store and they told me they had no idea why I wouldn't be able to trade my phone in at any point between now and 2 weeks from now just like the email says and they asked to speak to the store rep. Luckily I spotted the guy who tried to help me with my last issue with my original pre-order and he told me what the Apple CS rep told me -- you can bring our phone in any time you want as long as it's in the 2-week trade-in window.

I say all this to say for those who deal with in-store shenanigans: don't let someone tell you something that their parent company is directly contradicting in writing, no matter what. I will be enjoying making sure I have everything I need on my new phone and trading my old phone in at some point in the next few days at my leisure thank you very much.

Set up and re-logging in to all my apps is almost done, pics still to come!

I turned it off. It did creep me out in the middle of the night when I woke up.
When I leave my phone and then come back it looks like there was a ghost snooping through it 😂
Ok good! So I’m not the only one having that feeling. I can’t imagine waking up in the middle of the night and your iPhone is on. First, this is creepy… why is it on. 2nd OCD kicks in, you have to turn it off. It’s going to take a while to get used to it.

MacRumors just posted a useful article. Anyone taking advantage of the iPhone turn on/off sound?

An optional new accessibility feature allows all iPhone 14 models to play a sound when powered on and powered off. The feature can be enabled in the Settings app under Accessibility → Audio/Visual → Power On & Off Sounds.

Apleeseed84

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2020
Jesus. What an awful experience. I’m so sorry you’ve gone through this. I thought for sure I was going to go through something like this based on the issues I had with UPS. I think next time I upgrade, I will only do Apple in-store pickup because I just don’t want to deal with the greedy mess UPS has become. It’s too stressful and not worth it.
That’s why i will never bother to upgrade to premium, everytime i choose a two hour delivery window they never ever bother to make it and they still take my money and like you mentioned getting a hold of a real agent or billing is impossible, i have to do a claim through my bank to get their attention, it’s crazy!

Reactions: xxray and DianaMR

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
" data-source="post: 31505087" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
MacRumors just posted a useful article. Anyone taking advantage of the iPhone turn on/off sound?

An optional new accessibility feature allows all iPhone 14 models to play a sound when powered on and powered off. The feature can be enabled in the Settings app under Accessibility → Audio/Visual → Power On & Off Sounds.

I turned it on but haven’t powered my phone off yet. Once I leave this cookout I’ll test it out.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
That’s why i will never bother to upgrade to premium, everytime i choose a two hour delivery window they never ever bother to make it and they still take my money and like you mentioned getting a hold of a real agent or billing is impossible, i have to do a claim through my bank to get their attention, it’s crazy!

I was told UPS don’t honor the 2 hour delivery window on iPhone launch day, so I don’t bother to use it.

Kierkegaarden

Cancelled
Dec 13, 2018
In the real world. We're going to have to get used to setting the phone down. Otherwise, AOD will stay on while you sleep. A good alternative option would be if AOD gets deactivated after 1-2 hours of no activity. Which means you are sleeping and so on. Apple should consider giving users the option.
Yes, I’m already pre-training myself to set it face down 😉. And I agree that having options to customize AOD behavior would be useful — positive they will offer this, just like a wider variety of Lock Screen widgets.

Edit: from another comment, it sounds like AOD may turn off automatically when you are in sleep focus mode.

Yes, I’m already pre-training myself to set it face down 😉. And I agree that having options to customize AOD behavior would be useful — positive they will offer this, just like a wider variety of Lock Screen widgets.
Yes sir! The world was asking Apple for a change to an iPhone.. do something about the notch. Well, change is here. It’s a good change because it is packed with impressive tech. Just on that little screen. I just hope it doesn’t even up like Touch Bar. It's just going to take some time to get used to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.