Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I'm getting one now.

Attachments

• 6E652AB4-890C-4AF1-87A9-8D25FEB31AF8.png
    6E652AB4-890C-4AF1-87A9-8D25FEB31AF8.png
    528.2 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: DianaMR

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Iā€™m looking to get one also Amazon has them for stock and also on installments first time I see an apple product on Amazon on installments.
I'd probably do Apple Store trade in with my 7 and just pay the rest. I think trade in is like $180. I can probably sell it for like $250 on eBay but after fees and shipping and typical eBay hassle ill take $180.

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Itā€™s ok. I did that last year. Bought the pro on launch day then exchanged it for the max. Once you go max, you donā€™t go back. Some may disagree with me though. Lol
Yeah, I disagreeā€¦ for myself the Max is just too big. Hard for me to carry one handed and to pocket in dress clothes. So I enjoy the Pro for the last several upgrades.

Reactions: xxray and bevsb2

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
In the real world. We're going to have to get used to setting the phone down. Otherwise, AOD will stay on while you sleep. A good alternative option would be if AOD gets deactivated after 1-2 hours of no activity. Which means you are sleeping and so on. Apple should consider giving users the option.

not necessarily, if you use the Sleep Focus, it will turn off the display.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I'd probably do Apple Store trade in with my 7 and just pay the rest. I think trade in is like $180. I can probably sell it for like $250 on eBay but after fees and shipping and typical eBay hassle ill take $180.
Iā€™m wanting to list mine.
Who does the payments is it like through Affirm or something? I don't see that option.
Itā€™s via Amazon I been doing it for a while on multiple stuff.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
Yeah, I disagreeā€¦ for myself the Max is just too big. Hard for me to carry one handed and to pocket in dress clothes. So I enjoy the Pro for the last several upgrades.
I can understand that issue for men. Luckily Iā€™m female so I can just throw it in my purse šŸ˜€šŸ‘

• Love
Reactions: CarolG and Brad7

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
not necessarily, if you use the Sleep Focus, it will turn off the display.
We need settings like every Android OEM. Turn on at a scheduled time, for new notifications, tap to turn it on for 10 seconds. Stuff like that would make this way better rather than just an on and off toggle.

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Iā€™m wanting to list mine.

Itā€™s via Amazon I been doing it for a while on multiple stuff.
Weird I don't get that option at all. I have an amazon card and it shows I can do 12 months on that but there is no option for the 5 month equal one. I know that is just like it debits your card every months it's not like using credit.

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
-

What if you donā€™t have a set sleep schedule and you sleep in random times.
Good point but to prevent people bugging me when Iā€™m taking a nap, I put it into sleep mode manually. I donā€™t use a sleep schedule ever just remember to put it into sleep before I go down for the night. Just use my watch to do it.

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016

And trade-ins only require the watch. You keep everything else which includes your $50+ band and charging cable ($).

Reactions: ColoArtist

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Weird I don't get that option at all. I have an amazon card and it shows I can do 12 months on that but there is no option for the 5 month equal one. I know that is just like it debits your card every months it's not like using credit.
Itā€™s different than afirm you donā€™t pay any fees or interest you just pay what the item is per month.

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
" data-source="post: 31505082" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
-

What if you donā€™t have a set sleep schedule and you sleep in random times.

It sure why you wouldnā€™t just set a ā€œnormalā€ time when you sleep so it doesnā€™t stay on then. Seems to me based on the past week that you ā€œtryā€ to sleep from 12-5 am, no?

You can still reach over like I do in the middle of the night and tap the screen to wake it upā€¦that hasnā€™t changedā€¦but like you guys, I donā€™t want it on all night even if it is on a charger.

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
Dang, called Apple Store to ask if it was busy or not and if I could pick my order up early as I was near by (online order yesterday with stock in the store), as my check-in window is tomorrow at 4:45pm. They looked up my order on the phone, this person is actually at the store, to 100% confirm they had it, when he did he said itā€™s there and come in and get it.

I get there, then Iā€™m forwarded to the other entrance where they have a line setup. The lady running the line said zero exceptions as they already have a large line with people, no matter what, Iā€™d have to come back tomorrow at my check-in window.

Sigh, guess no exception if I wanted to wait to not deal with traffic and mall crowds again tomorrow.

OmahaGTP

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
I love the phone so far but not really digging the color I got deep purple and it looks black to me, I wonā€™t be returning it cause I just put a case over it anyway and wonā€™t notice the color but Iā€™ll be going with a lighter color next year

I got space black and I keep thinking I wished I got deep purple but what I really wanted was a darker phone - this looks similar to my 11ā€™s space gray. I always use clear cases, so I decided Iā€™m going to get dbrand matte black rear skin and call it a day, ha.

AirPods Pro 2 update if anyone cares - I got an email a few hours ago that my shipment from FedEx is set to be delivered on Wednesday, whoo!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.