Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
I have been on this thread the past like 2 or 3 years tracking my phone. Was out of town in the mountains with no service on pre order day and missed the window. Ended up going to the Apple Store at 6AM yesterday and was able to get one. Was pretty fun there but missed all the chatting and tracking on here.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
MacRumors just posted a useful article. Anyone taking advantage of the iPhone turn on/off sound?

An optional new accessibility feature allows all iPhone 14 models to play a sound when powered on and powered off. The feature can be enabled in the Settings app under Accessibility ā†’ Audio/Visual ā†’ Power On & Off Sounds.

Oh I heard about this and forgot to check it out. Let me do it now. Did you try it?

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
MacRumors just posted a useful article. Anyone taking advantage of the iPhone turn on/off sound?

An optional new accessibility feature allows all iPhone 14 models to play a sound when powered on and powered off. The feature can be enabled in the Settings app under Accessibility ā†’ Audio/Visual ā†’ Power On & Off Sounds.

I just turned it on. Will wait to see if I like it and will turn it off if not.

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
Went with the Spigen too. I had been using and liking the ones from ESR but heard the installation was easier with the Spigen so I thought I give it a try.

The Spigen's installation is better. The glass is already mounted in the locating frame. Peel the protector film off of the glass, mount the frame on the phone, then slide your finger down the frame's cutout which pushes the center of the glass down and then the bubbles flow out to the edges. Remove the frame and protecting film and you're done.

I did it right after I removed the film from the phone so no dust specks. The Spigen comes in a 2 pack just in case the first one gets messed up. Since the glass is already mounted in a frame, you also get two frames in the package.

My husband likes the Spigen. I tried a Benks for the first time and it is my new favorite. It also comes in the frame with a pull that you use to remove the bottom plastic after you put the frame on the phone, which allows even less chance for dust to get under it and I really like itā€™s feel and touch sensitivity. Itā€™s on Amazon.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
I havenā€™t šŸ˜‚ but Iā€™m going to turn it on.
Just tried and I like it! But the start up is way louder than shut down. They should bring down the start volume to match shut down.

Edit: that may have been a bug because when I lowered/adjusted my ringer volume, the start up then matched the shut down volume.

Last edited:

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
" data-source="post: 31505087" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">

Just set most of those in the article. Thanks!!!

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
Ok good! So Iā€™m not the only one having that feeling. I canā€™t imagine waking up in the middle of the night and your iPhone is on. First, this is creepyā€¦ why is it on. 2nd OCD kicks in, you have to turn it off. Itā€™s going to take a while to get used to it.
I actually like it because it is not as bright as picking up your phone to check the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.