Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
I used to set my phone down face up, but I wonder if users will end up setting their phones down face down, which Apple says would turn off AOD. I have started to do this (even though my 14PM hasn’t come in yet). I think the usefulness of AOD will become apparent as time goes on, and depending on circumstances.

I have my phone set to “tap to wake”, so AOD will be nice for me if I can get quick info without having to unlock the phone.
In the real world. We're going to have to get used to setting the phone down. Otherwise, AOD will stay on while you sleep. A good alternative option would be if AOD gets deactivated after 1-2 hours of no activity. Which means you are sleeping and so on. Apple should consider giving users the option.

So the Pro isn't as big or as heavy as I'd expected. I should've gone Max! UGH 🤦‍♂️
You are going through @ratspg situation. I told him to get the Pro Max last year and he did. He never went back to the Pro Model. Moving forward always go with the Pro Max version. More screen, more battery life, more functionality.

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
They actually showed up as delivered and left at my front door at 3pm while I was sitting in my living room with direct view to my front door. No UPS truck to be seen. I know the driver and at some point will ask if he scanned it and it alerted him not to deliver them at some point. That is if he is allowed or willing to tell me.

But, looks like the new Air Pods are already in the states and taking accidental adventures.

Will be curious to see how my tracking changes over the course of this week.

Why do you say they are in the states?

Reactions: rjjacobson
I made a liar out of my d@mn self … was set to keep my 12 pro max one more year but I decided to get the 14 pro max anyway. Sigh. So yeah. October 14 is my estimated day!
That’s wild! Someone said the delivery has been dropped to late October, or early November. That’s crazy! High in demand!!

That’s wild! Someone said the delivery has been dropped to late October, or early November. That’s crazy! High in demand!!
I just checked… November 1st? Are you kidding me!!! Everyone who pre-ordered their iPhone is so lucky. Especially the model you wanted.

68355E33-5ECC-4F93-A48D-C10479A58ADA.jpeg

If you are looking for an iPhone back screen protector. Order this one below 👇. It fits very nicely and it's not lose. They are so limited right now but that's the best one so far.

AstroRexaur

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2021
Love it. Woo hoo! Nailed it!!! Congratulations. This iPhone is everything. Please treat it with all respect. The iPhone will do the same for you. Thank you so much for sticking around as well. Please come back and visit us next year. Best wishes!
Update: package with 14PM is lost. Never came Friday nor today (Saturday), and tracking info is stuck on Thursday (day before launch day). Already call Apple/UPS and did a claim. They'll investigate. Side note: Apple employee told me that Apple has a iPhone batch for cases like this, if investigation came that package is really lost, they will send another one and arrive faster compared to new orders on apple.com

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
Why do you say they are in the states?
Because at least mine (engraved) were on a UPS truck for delivery yesterday. They are the only item in the order and I was able to see it on ups tracking using the reference number option. It showed due to be delivered on the 16th then out for delivery. Someone must have realized the boo boo and it now shows delivered which it was not. I keep checking the tracking now and then in hopes it will update for a proper delivery on the 23rd

Was originally a Oct 10-17 date, but yesterday canceled and got an in store pick up for today. In and out in 20 mins.

For your viewing pleasure....

UERQtBa.jpg

nPZC6Y7.jpg

CCgMDhS.jpg
Very nice! Congratulations! iPhone in white looks stunning. Straight-up iPhone 4S retro vibes.

Update: package with 14PM is lost. Never came Friday nor today (Saturday), and tracking info is stuck on Thursday (day before launch day). Already call Apple/UPS and did a claim. They'll investigate. Side note: Apple employee told me that Apple has a iPhone batch for cases like this, if investigation came that package is really lost, they will send another one and arrive faster compared to new orders on apple.com
Dang! That’s sad. I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you get your iPhone soon and don’t forget to ask Apple for a free case or something of your choice. (Ask for a case and iPhone charger) They will honor it for you for Free! Also, stay on top of it. They do have a separate emergency batch. So after they are done investigating it they will send out another one right away.

Btw, were you tracking your iPhone before? Where was it last seen the last time?

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
That would rock if they had a batch. It took 5 weeks last year to get my stolen iPhone replaced. Going to say this like a broken record and apologize but hopefully it will save you the trouble I went through this year. Check to make sure any payment programs and or AppleCare is set to the correct serial number if it is indeed replaced.

My citizens loan and AppleCare were not assigned to the correct serial number. I went to upgrade my Apple IPhone Upgrade Program and it said I was not enrolled. Apple had no answers for hours and once they had the answer citizens said it would take 3 - 5 days to move the loan to the correct serial meaning I would miss the first day of ordering.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Well, I got hosed by UPS. Delivery date of the 16th. On the 14th I requested a hold on the package at the CC so that I could pick it up in the morning, rather than wait for home delivery, which is usually at 7ish at night in my neighborhood. Friday morning, the tracking showed “request for hold acknowledged” and “out for delivery”. So, which is it? I called the customer support line. It took a while to get past the robot voice and to a human. I was informed it was being held. About a half hour later tracking changed, showing “being held for pickup”. Great! I’m on my way. I get there, they can’t find my package. I’m there close to an hour while they make calls and search in their building, as well as the loading docks facility next door. No package. They blame the facility across town where the package first arrived. (The scans clearly show it arriving at this facility in the wee hours of the morning). They apologize and thank me for being calm and patient. They tell me they will call me in 2 hours, no matter what, to let me know what is going on. Finally, 4 hours later, they call and say the package is no where to be found. They also tell me that I have to call customer support and tell them to put a tracer on it. (Why do I have to initiate this?!) So, I spend several minutes trying to get around the robot voice again, having much more difficulty getting a live person than I did earlier in the morning. While searching the web for ideas on getting to a live person, I see an email for customer support, so I send an email asking for help with the situation. I finally get to a live person and she says no, she can’t put a tracer on the package and asks for my email address. Tells me she is sending me an email and says goodbye. The email is nothing more than a canned message telling me to go on the website and file a claim. About an hour later I get a response from the email I sent to customer support. Their email apologizes for the problem and tells me since it is an international shipment, I can’t file a claim, I have to contact Apple. It’s “pass the buck” at every turn. The CC, of course, is closed all weekend. I’m hoping for a call on Monday morning reporting that it was found on one of the trucks returning on Friday evening after they closed. Most likely, I’m stuck going to Apple and having to start over with an order. UPS only charged me $5.99 for this pleasant experience! How can I be so fortunate?!?!
This totally sucks I hate the pass the buck mentality of large corporations

Reactions: Brad7

Trozetar

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2011
Reading, Pa
That would rock if they had a batch. It took 5 weeks last year to get my stolen iPhone replaced. Going to say this like a broken record and apologize but hopefully it will save you the trouble I went through this year. Check to make sure any payment programs and or AppleCare is set to the correct serial number if it is indeed replaced.

My citizens loan and AppleCare were not assigned to the correct serial number. I went to upgrade my Apple IPhone Upgrade Program and it said I was not enrolled. Apple had no answers for hours and once they had the answer citizens said it would take 3 - 5 days to move the loan to the correct serial meaning I would miss the first day of ordering.
Yeah I paid with my Apple Card and used the installments that way and I don’t think it’s tied to any serial. The Apple Care I usually do once I get the phone itself.

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Anyone iPhone 14 pro max not turning on, literally isn’t turn on after iPhone to iPhone transfer 🙃
Press and release up volume, press and release down volume, press and hold side button until you see the Apple icon, then release.

Shouldn’t take more than 15 seconds to start the reboot.

I’m guessing it is already back to functioning but this should fix it if not.

Good luck and let us know if that worked.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Well, I got hosed by UPS. Delivery date of the 16th. On the 14th I requested a hold on the package at the CC so that I could pick it up in the morning, rather than wait for home delivery, which is usually at 7ish at night in my neighborhood. Friday morning, the tracking showed “request for hold acknowledged” and “out for delivery”. So, which is it? I called the customer support line. It took a while to get past the robot voice and to a human. I was informed it was being held. About a half hour later tracking changed, showing “being held for pickup”. Great! I’m on my way. I get there, they can’t find my package. I’m there close to an hour while they make calls and search in their building, as well as the loading docks facility next door. No package. They blame the facility across town where the package first arrived. (The scans clearly show it arriving at this facility in the wee hours of the morning). They apologize and thank me for being calm and patient. They tell me they will call me in 2 hours, no matter what, to let me know what is going on. Finally, 4 hours later, they call and say the package is no where to be found. They also tell me that I have to call customer support and tell them to put a tracer on it. (Why do I have to initiate this?!) So, I spend several minutes trying to get around the robot voice again, having much more difficulty getting a live person than I did earlier in the morning. While searching the web for ideas on getting to a live person, I see an email for customer support, so I send an email asking for help with the situation. I finally get to a live person and she says no, she can’t put a tracer on the package and asks for my email address. Tells me she is sending me an email and says goodbye. The email is nothing more than a canned message telling me to go on the website and file a claim. About an hour later I get a response from the email I sent to customer support. Their email apologizes for the problem and tells me since it is an international shipment, I can’t file a claim, I have to contact Apple. It’s “pass the buck” at every turn. The CC, of course, is closed all weekend. I’m hoping for a call on Monday morning reporting that it was found on one of the trucks returning on Friday evening after they closed. Most likely, I’m stuck going to Apple and having to start over with an order. UPS only charged me $5.99 for this pleasant experience! How can I be so fortunate?!?!
Jesus. What an awful experience. I’m so sorry you’ve gone through this. I thought for sure I was going to go through something like this based on the issues I had with UPS. I think next time I upgrade, I will only do Apple in-store pickup because I just don’t want to deal with the greedy mess UPS has become. It’s too stressful and not worth it.

kmingis

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2017
NC
In the real world. We're going to have to get used to setting the phone down. Otherwise, AOD will stay on while you sleep. A good alternative option would be if AOD gets deactivated after 1-2 hours of no activity. Which means you are sleeping and so on. Apple should consider giving users the option.
I have to admit, it's gonna take a little time getting used to AOD. It's GREAT! But I'll glance at my phone and think it's still on when it shouldn't be.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
As another person going through your troubles last year mentioned Apple apparently keeps batches set aside for such issues as yours. UPS is just too much of a bureaucratic pain in the rear. Probably best to work with Apple

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
" data-source="post: 31504772" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">

AOD doesn’t stay persistent for people using sleep mode, and is just the time/date w/ DND (no wallpaper), but AOD stays persistent with DND. So those of us who use those modes, there are ways to have it shut off while sleeping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.