Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
My original delivery window was tight as it was very close to leaving on vacation.
I called, tried to get them to move it up just one or two days. No go, they said impossible because it was a new product launch. Not true but didn’t want to argue with them.

Last night, like many others, I get a text saying delivery has been move up by two days. Great!

Then when I track the progress, UPS says it’s now another 4 days sooner.

Do I need a magic 8-Ball or something to pin down a solid date 🥸

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
Kind of funny story, cause yesterday before got my iphone 📱, ordered some AirTags and accessories.
Paid a little extra for express shipping so id get it today.
Fedex to deliver it, they didn’t even come to the apartment, they threw an error on their tracking app, (Not as good as the UPS app, imho), they couldn’t resolve my apartment address, UPS never had an issue.
I thought, neigh neigh, so I drive to their CC at the airport, I knew it came on a plane this morning. Lubbock gets 2 big Airbus A320 planes daily (I like airplanes too), lol
I get in there and the one counter person is someone that I work with for AT&T, FedEx is her second and preferred job, and she checks and in about a minutes time she had my package 📦 with those accessories. Kinda cool story, at least to me. Haha

I went Black 14PM, black case, black wallet, to match my black car, my LV Raiders fan gear, and my cold black heart! Ha

2 pics, coming from 10,” iPad Pro
View attachment 2069913 View attachment 2069915
Lot of black…🤣

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
I have to swap my space black out. Unfortunately I have a pretty significant blue hue shift when holding the phone at even the slightest off axis from head on it’s super noticeable especially compared my wife’s 14P and my previous 13P, both are perfect. I just need find one in stock near me!

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
It's down to preference really. As I mentioned all the photos and videos I took over the years on my 11 pro max are still in their original formats in the cloud and automatically stored in the cloud after I shoot them. But iCloud works so well that you don't notice they are in the cloud. You can view them just like you would if they were stored on your phone.
Right is there a way to store the music to the cloud without me having to sync it up it like 4GB I can gain back.

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
I had to take my son his phone out of state. He accidentally sent it to our address. Just another bit of preorder craziness for our family! I’m getting ready to board to come back home now with his IUP return. I love Colorado. All you Colorado peeps are stuck with me!
I love Colorado … but this last time it didn’t love me! Had bad case of mountain sickness!!😔

Lasted 10 minutes in Estes Park!

Attachments

• 91CF2DEB-EDA9-4286-8670-F985F13A4F61.jpeg
    91CF2DEB-EDA9-4286-8670-F985F13A4F61.jpeg
    499.5 KB · Views: 66

MrAperture

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2017
SF, CA
I am officially back to iPhone!!! The process to upgrade my line and get the phone activated was a process of no more than 40 mins with my carrier. Now just the waiting game for the rest of the ecosystem in my AirPods Pro 2 and Apple Watch Ultra
What was your previous phone?

blueyz628

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2015
Update: I got my items. I went downstairs to meet the UPS driver; the UPS driver waited just enough to see that I got both packages and burned rubber. I don't think I will see him again. 😆 LOL Now to order the cute case-mate cases that @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗 talked about. Thank you all.
I got my "Touch of Pearl" case today... it looks so pretty on Purple.

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
Oh I’m so sorry! The worst. Get some Diamox for next time you are at altitude. I have a friend that takes it every time she comes to visit me.

ETA-Gorgeous shot!
Oh that’s on the list with a lot of water next time!
Maybe I’m getting older, but I’ve done the pike’s peak tour numerous times with no issue…

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
I had to take my son his phone out of state. He accidentally sent it to our address. Just another bit of preorder craziness for our family! I’m getting ready to board to come back home now with his IUP return. I love Colorado. All you Colorado peeps are stuck with me!
Well, I used to live in Colorado….

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
I ran errands today and barely used my new iPhone 14pro max and the battery is down to 69% I did have always on display, so it seems it does in fact drain the battery a lot.
It could also be the ML and search indexing function that is also decreasing the battery life.

Check back in a week, and see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.