Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Decided to keep my 14 pro max 512gb. Downloading a ton of music since I have the space now. Lol apple just keeps taking my money.
lol. I guess if you use a case that hides the color, it won't really matter much. Heck if I had gotten a DP Pro max, it would be in a Spigen Tough Armor Case or the Spigen Rugged Armor case, which basically hides majority of the phone color except the camera area. and the charging port.

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Just read this… I noticed my display turned off.

”According to German YouTuber Felixba, who was present at the Steve Jobs Theater for Apple's "Far out" event last week and had hands-on time with the new products, if a user has an Apple Watch paired to the ‌iPhone 14 Pro‌ and ‌iPhone 14 Pro‌ Max, the ‌iPhone‌ will disable the always-on display once it detects the user has left the room without their phone”

interesting….

Last edited:

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Just tried and I like it! But the start up is way louder than shut down. They should bring down the start volume to match shut down.

Mine isn't making sound? I tired on silent and ring and nothing. Just a vibration when I slide to power off.
Hmm interesting. I even tried lowering the ring volume all the way down, but it still made the sound. You can still try that, however, because when I did, it fixed the startup volume being too loud and now matches the shut down. So my above issue was resolved.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
Same here 😆
Probably the happiest I’ve been since the XS Max. QC was in top order. Unlike the 12 and 13 PM both had stainless frame damage out the box and the usual screen uniformity issues.
The panel is probably as good as any Samsung flagship I’ve owned uniformly wise. Then again even those were hit or miss post Note 10 + onwards.

I just looked up the battery capacity using coconut battery and also 3utools and iMazing was rated at around 4520 mAh. Wow.

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Probably the happiest I’ve been since the XS Max. QC was in top order. Unlike the 12 and 13 PM.
The panel is probably as good as any Samsung flagship I’ve owned uniformly wise. Then again even those were hit or miss post Note 10 + onwards.

I just looked up the battery capacity using coconut battery and also 3utools and iMazing was rated at around 3520 mAh. Wow.
Yea mine was: It's insane but don't mind the design capacity, that number is wrong, I think Coconut Battery needs to be updated because it really should be 4,323 mAh for it's design capacity.

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 22.52.39.png

Reactions: SpecB and Fred Zed

AstroRexaur

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2021
Dang! That’s sad. I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you get your iPhone soon and don’t forget to ask Apple for a free case or something of your choice. (Ask for a case and iPhone charger) They will honor it for you for Free! Also, stay on top of it. They do have a separate emergency batch. So after they are done investigating it they will send out another one right away.

Btw, were you tracking your iPhone before? Where was it last seen the last time?
Omg I didn’t knew this, so, when or how can I ask for the free case/charger?

Reactions: SpecB
Omg I didn’t knew this, so, when or how can I ask for the free case/charger?
Dang! That’s sad. I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you get your iPhone soon and don’t forget to ask Apple for a free case or something of your choice. (Ask for a case and iPhone charger) They will honor it for you for Free! Also, stay on top of it. They do have a separate emergency batch. So after they are done investigating it they will send out another one right away.

Btw, were you tracking your iPhone before? Where was it last seen the last time?
Call Apple and make sure you are nice about it.

Dang, called Apple Store to ask if it was busy or not and if I could pick my order up early as I was near by (online order yesterday with stock in the store), as my check-in window is tomorrow at 4:45pm. They looked up my order on the phone, this person is actually at the store, to 100% confirm they had it, when he did he said it’s there and come in and get it.

I get there, then I’m forwarded to the other entrance where they have a line setup. The lady running the line said zero exceptions as they already have a large line with people, no matter what, I’d have to come back tomorrow at my check-in window.

Sigh, guess no exception if I wanted to wait to not deal with traffic and mall crowds again tomorrow.
I went to the Apple Store today and there was a really long pick up line and another line for people interested in buying. No exception.

Attachments

• 1663466737564.jpeg
    1663466737564.jpeg
    539 KB · Views: 81

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
I went to the Apple Store today and there was a really long pick up line and another line for people interested in buying. No exception.
When I was there at open yesterday they didn't care about pickup times. If you where early they just let you go between people waiting to buy and after everyone for their window had gone.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Of course they still do allow returns without having to queue (at least my place). I decided to return one of them "unopened" back to apple store today as I got the perfect one. Before returning, the apple store did not show available. But when I did return it and when they marked it as "closed" item (unopened), the in-store pick up was lit on apple.com on the apple store that i returned it to. So whoever picked it up. You're Welcome.

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
In the real world. We're going to have to get used to setting the phone down. Otherwise, AOD will stay on while you sleep. A good alternative option would be if AOD gets deactivated after 1-2 hours of no activity. Which means you are sleeping and so on. Apple should consider giving users the option.
AOD goes off in sleep focus. I set up a sleep focus with no people and no apps silenced (so calls and notifications come through like usual). All that happens is AOD goes off and the screen goes dark while sleep focus is in effect.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Of course they still do allow returns without having to queue (at least my place). I decided to return one of them "unopened" back to apple store today as I got the perfect one. Before returning, the apple store did not show available. But when I did return it and when they marked it as "closed" item (unopened), the in-store pick up was lit on apple.com on the apple store that i returned it to. So whoever picked it up. You're Welcome.

I was told long ago that if you returned even an unopened item, it's serial number was struck from their sales DB and it was not re-sellable.

Reactions: bevsb2

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
I was told long ago that if you returned even an unopened item, it's serial number was struck from their sales DB and it was not re-sellable.
Sounds right as scammers are pretty good at resealing them and returning. They don't want to chance it not actually being an iPhone in that "sealed" box.

Reactions: bevsb2

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
That's because it depends if it has the sim card or not because usually it burns the Sim card so they have to send those back.

But since these are esim they can be resold. My friend is a manager at the apple store that I go to and I asked what happens to the phone that I return that is unopened. He pretty much answered that those go back on the stock to be resold.

But likely 11 and below would be sent back no matter the condition.

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
That's because it depends if it has the sim card or not because usually it burns the Sim card so they have to send those back.

But since these are esim they can be resold. My friend is a manager at the apple store that I go to and I asked what happens to the phone that I return that is unopened. He pretty much answered that those go back on the stock to be resold.

But likely 11 and below would be sent back no matter the condition.
If you don't open it then the SIM card wouldn't have ever been activated.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Sounds right as scammers are pretty good at resealing them and returning. They don't want to chance it not actually being an iPhone in that "sealed" box.
Only if you can find those sealed tape for 12, 13 and 14 off of the chinese market but what are the chances you can find them in U.S?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.