Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

iPhoneFan5349

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2021
I just feel like why bother worrying about or taking the effort to turn it off when itā€™s pretty much wasted energy. I donā€™t need or really care about the aod, but itā€™s kind of nice. I sure as heck could care less what android does. Iā€™m having fun discovering little things accidentally.. like what is that streak that bolts down to the text box when dictating a messenger message.. Iā€™ll learn to ignore it but right now itā€™s a bit annoying and serves no purpose? Have you seen it?
I have a 14 Pro. I donā€™t need my screen to be awake all the time, itā€™s a distracting feature meant for you to keep interacting with your phone. Itā€™s the same thing for the AW. Whatā€™s the point of having an AOD other than for looks? When you raise your hand or turn it around the watch screen wakes up anyway. When you raise your iPhone the screen wakes up too.

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
I have 4TB cloud storage but I donā€™t see it doing a thing

It's down to preference really. As I mentioned all the photos and videos I took over the years on my 11 pro max are still in their original formats in the cloud and automatically stored in the cloud after I shoot them. But iCloud works so well that you don't notice they are in the cloud. You can view them just like you would if they were stored on your phone.

imutter

macrumors 6502
I transferred from my 13 and left it on my desk when I came back the 14 is dead. Itā€˜s on charger but nothing is happening . My 13 has no more service. The 14 is not visible in FindMy phone . Calling Apple support from my Google phone since all service on my iPad is disconnected. This is the worst iPhone release ever for me and I have had every phone one day one since release.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
I have a 14 Pro. I donā€™t need my screen to be awake all the time, itā€™s a distracting feature meant for you to keep interacting with your phone. Itā€™s the same thing for the AW. Whatā€™s the point of having an AOD other than for looks? When you raise your hand or turn it around the watch screen wakes up anyway. When you raise your iPhone the screen wakes up too.
Interesting.. I donā€™t find it distracting at all.. my phone has been laying over there alone, nice to glance over and see the time or see if something did pop up.. but itā€™s cool that everyone is different in there reactions to features. Iā€™m really loving it. Love it on the watch too, being able to glance down to answer hubbyā€™s ā€œwhat time is itā€ question without raising my arm or tapping has worked out great for me a few times.
I think itā€™s a convenient feature meant to be convenient not meant to push you into doing something you wouldnā€™t already do.. love the diff takes we have :)

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Was originally a Oct 10-17 date, but yesterday canceled and got an in store pick up for today. In and out in 20 mins.

For your viewing pleasure....

UERQtBa.jpg

nPZC6Y7.jpg

CCgMDhS.jpg

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I bought this for this first time and Iā€™m loving it for my iPhone 14 Pro Max. Itā€™s easy to install and very sensitive to touch, so it works for me.
Isn't the new ceramic glass improved so a protector is not needed?

cousintim

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2015
Gorilla Glass has gotten so much stronger that I don't see the need for a screen protector. And for those who upgrade every year, especially those who are on IUP, I don't understand adding a screen protector. YMMV.

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
So, what screen protector r u guys using? Iā€™m trying to decide if I should use one or go completely naked.
I bought a 3 pack of ESR. I scratched 4 screens on my 12 pro over the past 2 years and unless youā€™re happy changing screens a protector is a better idea. Belkin ultra glass would be the best one of the lot, apart from shellrus. Neither available where I am right now.
I just checked the apple website and pro & pro max models are now slipping into the end of October and into early November... DANG.
Not a big deal when thereā€™s plenty of stock to do a store pick up.

Reactions: ColoArtist

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
Gorilla Glass has gotten so much stronger that I don't see the need for a screen protector. And for those who upgrade every year, especially those who are on IUP, I don't understand adding a screen protector. YMMV.
It all depends on how you handle the phone. Screen gets scratched super easily if it falls in my car and hits the seat rails. I donā€™t enjoy screen protectors but getting the screen/phone replaced twice a year was getting too bothersome for me.

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
A wallet is weight?

Case + wallet makes an already heavy phone super heavy.
With unlimited claims on AppleCare Iā€™m going to use only a screen protector and no case.
I dislike the weight and camera size on this phone for sure. A titanium frame would mean an instant upgrade for me next year.

Reactions: timeconsumer

najicta

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2009
Mine was delivered around 5:30 last evening. After having been dealing with a 5 year old iPhone X that had a dead pixel, multiple camera malfunctions, and really crap battery life, the 14Pro is a dream. Iā€™m a bit disappointed that there are so few stock wallpapers and no new ringtones/text tones, but I love the AOD. I actually think it will REDUCE how much I pick up my phone!
I got a cheap, clear Spigen case with glitter for the weekend, and it actually looks super great with the deep purple color. My MagSafe otterbox is due to arrive Monday! Yā€™all can catch me over in the AWS8 shipping thread

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.