Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Bro, I was about to do the same thing lol but going to give it another day or two. For some reasons, I felt this time the Fold 4 for me is better for my usage… Might keep the Fold 4 along with the 12 Pro instead of the 12 Pro and 14 Pro Max…

I would totally rock a Fold, flaws and all. But I am too invested in the Apple ecosystem and there would be too many things I would miss.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Just out of curiosity, would anyone switch the color that they want if it meant you could get the phone now?

No. I've done that in the past and wasn't happy. Get what you want and want what you get. You won't even remember the time you waited, once you get the thing finally.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarolG

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Looks like the majority of the people who had Friday deliveries have scattered. However as a heads up, Apple worked with UPS to actually retrieve and redeliver my lost package and I just got it. Hopefully the rest of you don't have to go through that. ;)
Thats one. Good to hear at least it was not stolen. No I hang around and keep the threads watched for several weeks to see what is going on with rest of you, and questions then I fade finally

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
IMG-3607.jpg

Woo Hoo!

bogie66

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2011
Hope everyone is enjoying their phones. Was nice to take the preshipment ride with you all this year. Mine came after 7 on launch day, and setup went as expected, coming from a physical sim to esim. I was on a Xs Max, so the purple Pro Max 14 was a big upgrade in every way. I'll be taking lots of night shots soon.

I did just order a purple Pro 256 for my son, and he has a delivery estimate of October 18 -25, so if anyone is still here, we can be tracking buddies for that wave.

Last edited:

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Maybe I should be worried because I placed an order on my 13 pro max using apple pay. I just sent my iphone 13 pro max for a trade in. I hope it goes through, even if it does not, Apple will tell me to update my card I guess.
Did you make it through the checkout screen? If so, you should have a confirmation email with the order number.

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Just out of curiosity, would anyone switch the color that they want if it meant you could get the phone now?
That's what I did on the 16th. Ordered Silver (arrives 9/28-10/3), but cancelled that in favor for a Space Black (otherwise same model) that was available for pick up on the 17th. No regrets, Space Black ended up being my favorite.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Did you make it through the checkout screen? If so, you should have a confirmation email with the order number.
Yea i have everything and shows up in my apple store app. Just that i placed an order last friday using my 13 pro max with apple pay. And that 13 pro max has now been wiped clean. Eitherway if the payment isnt going through ill get the awaiting for payment so I’ll update it then. If nothing does change, im not concerned as i can just do in store pick up on friday.

C3A49683-F48C-4D5A-82E3-EBDB2DD52C5D.jpeg

Reactions: taynasoldera

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Yea i have everything and shows up in my apple store app. Just that i placed an order last friday using my 13 pro max with apple pay. And that 13 pro max has now been wiped clean. Eitherway if the payment isnt going through ill get the awaiting for payment so I’ll update it then. If nothing does change, im not concerned as i can just do in store pick up on friday.

View attachment 2072294
If the order has been placed, the order has been placed - don't worry about it! You'll 100% get it on its due date regardless if the device used to place the order has been wiped or not. The order itself isn't localized on the device, it's server side.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Looks like the majority of the people who had Friday deliveries have scattered. However as a heads up, Apple worked with UPS to actually retrieve and redeliver my lost package and I just got it. Hopefully the rest of you don't have to go through that. ;)
Happy to hear that update!!

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
If the order has been placed, the order has been placed - don't worry about it! You'll 100% get it on its due date regardless if the device used to place the order has been wiped or not. The order itself isn't localized on the device, it's server side.
Good to know. Thx

Reactions: IceCool

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
3 days since we all got our shiny new toys. How is everyone liking their phones so far??
  • On my iPhone 14 Pro:
    • The promotion display is amazing
    • 5G support is also amazing. I was getting T-Mo's 5G UC support in my area and getting ridiculously fast speeds (~ 1 Gbps).
    • obviously battery life is super - hammering it like crazy and battery dropped off at most to ~ 60%.
    • the display is soooooo bright! really nice especially when you are outdoors on a bright sunny day. You can actually see the display, unlike on the iPhone X (which I upgraded from).

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
I really love the AOD. I am so glad that Apple finally added it to iPhone 14 series.

What I hate about AOD is it drains my battery so fast. It’s annoying. I would still leave it on when I am home, but I plan to turn it off when I need to save my battery when I’m outside.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.