Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
3 days since we all got our shiny new toys. How is everyone liking their phones so far??
I upgraded from the 11 pro max. There is definitely one heck of a processor capability difference. The weight balance on the phone is also more comfortable. The camera takes significantly more detailed photos. I like the extra brightness of the screen and the GPU does a much better job keeping up with my games. The network connectivity is definitely improved and I like the use of the island. I am looking forward to the sat communications becoming available as I deal with search and rescue and it will greatly help with finding people. The battery life is also an improvement and I am not just saying that because my 11 pro max was at 80% battery capacity. Purple is my favorite color so I love the deep purple. I am using the matching clear case from Otterbox. I also picked up a Series 8 watch which is a massive step up from the Series 3 watch that I had been rocking for 5 years. I am looking forward to the AirPods Pro 2 that will deliver in the coming week. I haven't ever used more than cheap sport headphones so it will be anothe big step up for me.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Just out of curiosity, would anyone switch the color that they want if it meant you could get the phone now?
I might go for Gold or Silver if that's all they have on Friday, but there's absolutely ZERO PM anywhere in range. Barely even see regular Pros

Reactions: CarolG

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
If the order has been placed, the order has been placed - don't worry about it! You'll 100% get it on its due date regardless if the device used to place the order has been wiped or not. The order itself isn't localized on the device, it's server side.
Yep i just saw my card being charged for the airpods pro 2. Now need to wait for the preparing ti ship status

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I really love the AOD. I am so glad that Apple finally added it to iPhone 14 series.

What I hate about AOD is it drains my battery so fast. Itā€™s annoying. I would still leave it on when I am home, but I plan to turn it off when I need to save my battery when Iā€™m outside.
I have mine turned off because i have the apple watch series 7 and have AOD on. So i just use that for time. My notifications is mirrored so i can check notifications on my watch. My phone stays in my pocket all the time when i work:)

Reactions: anjo10

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
iOS not fully baked and ready at launch this year. Also.

Appears developers were concentrating on Dynamic Island. It looks great!

Reactions: EricExtreme

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
ATTN: After calling UPS International the representative told me my package had cleared customs, was in Louisville. KY today the 19th - and is enroute to my location. It will arrive here in two business days, by the 21st between 130 and 530 PM.
That is major progress

Reactions: Chasemk27

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
I have mine turned off because i have the apple watch series 7 and have AOD on. So i just use that for time. My notifications is mirrored so i can check notifications on my watch. My phone stays in my pocket all the time when i work:)
FYI - when your phone is in your pocket, the screen turns off. I've had mine on and rarely have it in a pocket. So far, no effect on battery drain. In fact, it's still better than my 12PM so far.

• Love
Reactions: CarolG

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
Reactions: compwiz1202

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
Checking in after a very nice weekend away! Test drove the pro max all weekend. Love it. The battery is incredible. The screen beautiful. It doesnā€™t seem too big. Love this purple color too! In the right light it pops. I used the regular pro today and while nice I think Iā€™m going to keep the pro max! Coming from an 11p as my latest daily driver this is a big upgrade! Iā€™m trying to figure out how to have Premier League scores show up in the island. Anyone have any input on this?? Cheers all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.