Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

stingazg

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2022
Southern California
So today was the first day I actually had to charge my iPhone 14PM during the day, I chock it up to me getting back into some of the games I used to play when I had an iPhone previously, got down to about 35 percent from using it from about 6am-3pm

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
1663721742667.png

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
So I figured out what was causing my iPhone to run hot. Podcasts are default set to download all episodes. Just one of the podcasts I listen to downloaded all 142 episodes. I’m subscribed to 15 different podcasts and a few have more than that. I cleaned that up and so far no issues. Will monitor more throughout the week.

In other news, my trade-in box arrived today via FedEx.

Ladyc0524

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2014
So I figured out what was causing my iPhone to run hot. Podcasts are default set to download all episodes. Just one of the podcasts I listen to downloaded all 142 episodes. I’m subscribed to 15 different podcasts and a few have more than that. I cleaned that up and so far no issues. Will monitor more throughout the week.

In other news, my trade-in box arrived today via FedEx.
I also received my trade-in box today, all bent up and I'm not happy about that at all.

• Angry
Reactions: naturalstar

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
This is incorrect. If you placed your order online, you can still trade in your device in the store.

I traded my two devices that I ordered online in person yesterday. At first they told me that I couldn't but then the person assisting me spoke with their supervisor (I mentioned that my friend was able to do this without any issues, make sure that you're being friendly and not aggressive with staff. They're more likely to help if you stay calm and adamant that you can trade in store). When he came back, he apologized to me that they were misinformed and told that they couldn't do trade ins for online orders but their manager said it was fine and came back to complete the trade in. Credit was given back to the original form of payment.

I received both receipts of my trade in and have my refunds already (awaiting the iPhone but I got the Apple Watch trade in already). I paid for my phone in full, no financing if that matters.

I was very nice and calm. The person who helped me really tried. We even went through the whole "is the phone OK" process. She did talk to a supervisor. I reiterated several times that Support had said I should bring it to the store. The trade-in had to be associated with my order because I finance via the Apple Card with instant trade-in credit. And her store software would not let her do that. It said that my order was not valid for in-store trade-in. She even waited with me while I called Support again. She even checked in the back for my box. She tried really hard. There just wasn't anything she could do about it. Let's face it... my order was hosed up. I don't blame the store at all.

Reactions: SpecB

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’m really enjoying my 14 Pro, clad in an ink Apple leather case. I think I’m actually like this phone more than I liked the 13 Pro when I got it. The dynamic island is awesome, as is the new camera system. This was definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

Yes I’m loving this phone the more I use it. My 12 Pro Max was jailbroken due to Apple’s limited customization. I can know say, jailbreaking isn’t on my mind anymore. I’m happy using vanilla iOS.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Yes I’m loving this phone the more I use it. My 12 Pro Max was jailbroken due to Apple’s limited customization. I can know say, jailbreaking isn’t on my mind anymore. I’m happy using vanilla iOS.
I was an Android user from 2008 to 2014. I did the whole rooting and ROMing thing more times than I can remember. Eventually, I got sick of it and bought an iPhone 6 when it came out. I’ve been happy with vanilla iOS ever since.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Can you guys assist my dad just got a 14 pro 512GB on the iPhone upgrade program he’s telling it’s to small for him he wants to return it before the 14 pro max 1tb the 14 pro its his only phone how can we go about this ?

lets say for example my local apple store has the phone he wants tommore can he return and re buy it on the iPhone upgrade program ?

how long does the eligibility take to shows he’s eligible to upgrade ?

do they do another credit check ?

he wants to re buy same day once they have his phone in stock.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Good summary and phone has so much more
Also (I'm not sure if it’s iOS 16 or the phone itself), but there’s noticeably more headroom in my Beats Studio Buds and Powerbeats Pro. I find myself turning down the volume a lot more frequently since getting the 14 Pro.

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Why is my 14PM still in Korea!?!?!?
I'm not tracking any flights tonight, but last week it was quite a few hours between leaving INC and posting the departure. Go back about 500 pages and you'll see a number of pages of concern, but our plane (N622UP) had arrived in INC from China and had fueled and departed to ANC. I told folks to trust the plane in flight, not the departure scan.

Wild guess, IF your arrival scan was in INC about 5 hours ago you are probably on this flight (5X89, plane registration N581UP). Probably you'll get that departure scan before ANC, but no guarantees. Tomorrow you'll see it did depart ANC, but you'll not see any arrival scans in SDF, first thing will be an Import Scan probably on Thursday.

PS I wasn't tracking any flights, went ahead and tracked this one down.

oops1975

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Frisco, TX
Can you guys assist my dad just got a 14 pro 512GB on the iPhone upgrade program he’s telling it’s to small for him he wants to return it before the 14 pro max 1tb the 14 pro its his only phone how can we go about this ?

lets say for example my local apple store has the phone he wants tommore can he return and re buy it on the iPhone upgrade program ?

how long does the eligibility take to shows he’s eligible to upgrade ?

do they do another credit check ?

he wants to re buy same day once they have his phone in stock.
He has 14 days to return. Moment he sees one in stock he can go and book it for pick up and return his Pro.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
I was an Android user from 2008 to 2014. I did the whole rooting and ROMing thing more times than I can remember. Eventually, I got sick of it and bought an iPhone 6 when it came out. I’ve been happy with vanilla iOS ever since.
This was me as well. I had the Samsung S3 and the MyTouch. I remember Ice Cream Sandwich, Cookie, etc. I was over the bad apps that made it bad for good ones. I was just waiting on a large screen from Apple. When the 6+ came out, I didn’t look back.

Customization was the one thing I’ve been wanting from Apple since leaving Android. I feel like this is a good step while keeping the polished Apple design and function.

theshoehorn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
I'm not tracking any flights tonight, but last week it was quite a few hours between leaving INC and posting the departure. Go back about 500 pages and you'll see a number of pages of concern, but our plane (N622UP) had arrived in INC from China and had fueled and departed to ANC. I told folks to trust the plane in flight, not the departure scan.

Wild guess, IF your arrival scan was in INC about 5 hours ago you are probably on this flight (5X89, plane registration N581UP). Probably you'll get that departure scan before ANC, but no guarantees. Tomorrow you'll see it did depart ANC, but you'll not see any arrival scans in SDF, first thing will be an Import Scan probably on Thursday.

PS I wasn't tracking any flights, went ahead and tracked this one down.

Here’s to hoping! I have the same Korea arrival time as some that have departed so

Reactions: naturalstar

Milennia

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2021
My phone has been traveling in Korea since yesterday, took 2 days to get released from customs etc., still says it'll be here by friday

Reactions: Crazyred44
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.