Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Hereā€™s to hoping! I have the same Korea arrival time as some that have departed so
Apple and UPS did pretty well with deliveries on launch day this year. There are a number of folks who didn't get theirs, but I'm pretty sure over 99% of pre-orders with launch day delivery confirmations did arrive on launch day.

Math on the back of an envelope shows me that 99.999% delivery rate on 5 million phones results in 50 people not getting a phone- purely made up numbers of phones and percentages, I have no idea what they really are, but it's pretty insane logistics when you get into the millions of deliveries on one day!

Good luck and enjoy it when you get it!

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Can you guys assist my dad just got a 14 pro 512GB on the iPhone upgrade program heā€™s telling itā€™s to small for him he wants to return it before the 14 pro max 1tb the 14 pro its his only phone how can we go about this ?

lets say for example my local apple store has the phone he wants tommore can he return and re buy it on the iPhone upgrade program ?

how long does the eligibility take to shows heā€™s eligible to upgrade ?

do they do another credit check ?

he wants to re buy same day once they have his phone in stock.
He'll need to return it, which will then close out the loan. I'm not sure if it closes immediately or if you have to wait for the email stating that it's closed. Normally it can take an hour or 2 to receive that email. He can enroll. If he already had a hard hit recently with citizens one and is less than a month, it will likely be soft. If it's been over a month, it will be another hard.

Shh

Suspended
Jul 28, 2022
Scorched Earth, Arizona
@TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—

Just got back, then had a hiccup transferring my number because I forgot the day one update, but after the update it went perfectly.

Here are some pics for you (taken with my crappy XR, sorry). ā¤ļø

8Nj2svo.jpg

ApIxK52.jpg

9V04MKE.jpg

9UVYT6E.jpg

hM188lV.jpg

Case and Screen Protector

E8G6wOF.jpg

5fY96XJ.jpg

BlOfwFe.jpg

eiI6unB.jpg

NWN24KN.jpg

And here's some quick pics I took of my doggo with the 14. I'll take better pics later for the iPhone picture thread once I've figured out all these fancy camera options (this is just the stock 12 MP).

Hkzmec8.jpg

32SmhQY.jpg

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
He'll need to return it, which will then close out the loan. I'm not sure if it closes immediately or if you have to wait for the email stating that it's closed. Normally it can take an hour or 2 to receive that email. He can enroll. If he already had a hard hit recently with citizens one and is less than a month, it will likely be soft. If it's been over a month, it will be another hard.
If for example tommorw he see the phone he wants in stock Hence he had a 12 pro max we returned already to apple part of IUP trade in.

we plan to return the phone same day in store will they rest his eligibility same day so he can reorder the phone he wants if in stock at the local apple store same day on IUP I just donā€™t want him without a phone.

Crazyred44

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2022
My phone has been traveling in Korea since yesterday, took 2 days to get released from customs etc., still says it'll be here by friday
Same here. Still in Korea apparently. Hoping it comes to US tonight and then to my city tomorrow so it can be delivered on Friday.

@TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—

Just got back, then had a hiccup transferring my number because I forgot the day one update, but after the update it went perfectly.

Here are some pics for you (taken with my crappy XR, sorry). ā¤ļø

8Nj2svo.jpg

ApIxK52.jpg

9V04MKE.jpg

9UVYT6E.jpg

hM188lV.jpg

Case and Screen Protector

E8G6wOF.jpg

5fY96XJ.jpg

BlOfwFe.jpg

eiI6unB.jpg

NWN24KN.jpg

And here's some quick pics I took of my doggo with the 14. I'll take better pics later for the iPhone picture thread once I've figured out all these fancy camera options (this is just the stock 12 MP).

Hkzmec8.jpg

32SmhQY.jpg
@Shh Woah! Finallllly! No one died!!! I've been waiting. Congratulations, dude!! What a journey it has been for you!

I am digging the Silver iPhone. It looks stunningly magnificent. I see that you are already protecting it. Please take good care of it. Just one last humble request... šŸ™šŸ» Please come back next year (September) and pre-order the iPhone 15 Pro/Pro Max with us šŸ™‡šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø. Thank you for being here and thank you for sharing the pictures.

Trillionaire Mindset šŸ’« Go beyond, Go iPhone!!! šŸ”„šŸŽ‡

Btw, you have a nice dog šŸ•. Congratulations, again! šŸ‘‹šŸ»

Last edited:

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
I just posted this in the T-Mobile order thread but I'm going to double-post it here because it's just as relevant and may get some more eye traffic. Any input is appreciated.

"Shoot... Running into an issue here and I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with the same (or not, which would also be a good data point for me).

Essentially my mom and I have two lines on a Magenta Max 55+ plan. I was able to order my 14 Pro Max via Apple using the T-Mobile EIP deal - it told me I was eligible for the full $1000 trade-in value for my 13 Pro Max while keeping our existing $100/month plan. Awesome - looks like that is already reflecting in our account, too. All well and good.

Now, today I am trying to order her a 14 Plus for her birthday. It is telling me that our current plan is ineligible and we will need to upgrade all lines to the $150/month Magenta Max plan to qualify for the full $800 value on her current XR. Otherwise, if we stay on the current plan, it'd only be $400.

Anyone else seeing this? Was it just a fluke that I was able to skrt by getting the full value for my 13 PM and they've since corrected that 'error'? I ordered right when the T-Mobile servers went live to check for trade-in status from Apple."

SFjohn

macrumors 68020
Sep 8, 2016
I just posted this in the T-Mobile order thread but I'm going to double-post it here because it's just as relevant and may get some more eye traffic. Any input is appreciated.

"Shoot... Running into an issue here and I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with the same (or not, which would also be a good data point for me).

Essentially my mom and I have two lines on a Magenta Max 55+ plan. I was able to order my 14 Pro Max via Apple using the T-Mobile EIP deal - it told me I was eligible for the full $1000 trade-in value for my 13 Pro Max while keeping our existing $100/month plan. Awesome - looks like that is already reflecting in our account, too. All well and good.

Now, today I am trying to order her a 14 Plus for her birthday. It is telling me that our current plan is ineligible and we will need to upgrade all lines to the $150/month Magenta Max plan to qualify for the full $800 value on her current XR. Otherwise, if we stay on the current plan, it'd only be $400.

Anyone else seeing this? Was it just a fluke that I was able to skrt by getting the full value for my 13 PM and they've since corrected that 'error'? I ordered right when the T-Mobile servers went live to check for trade-in status from Apple."
We have the T-Mobile basic plan unlimited everything for 2 iPhones $70 a month plus 2 mobile phone #s for 2 Apple Watches adds $20 more each month, total $90 per month. We buy our devices from Apple and have no discounts from T-Mobileā€¦ not sure that helps. Seems like staying with your current plan and getting a $1400 credit isnā€™t too bad. Either way you end up paying for the phones. Good luck. šŸ‘šŸ»

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
This was me as well. I had the Samsung S3 and the MyTouch. I remember Ice Cream Sandwich, Cookie, etc. I was over the bad apps that made it bad for good ones. I was just waiting on a large screen from Apple. When the 6+ came out, I didnā€™t look back.

Customization was the one thing Iā€™ve been wanting from Apple since leaving Android. I feel like this is a good step while keeping the polished Apple design and function.
I still have my original T-Mobile G1 that I fire up from time to time to remind myself how far tech had come!

njg0ddess

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Same here. Still in Korea apparently. Hoping it comes to US tonight and then to my city tomorrow so it can be delivered on Friday.
Iā€™m still in Korea also hope this Friday date is real. Either way I have to wait there is absolutely no purple pro maxes anywhere near me I check daily. Got my answer Just checked pushed until Monday which was my date to begin with 9/26-9/28 ugh so frustrating.

Reactions: Good User Name

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
Iā€™m still in Korea also hope this Friday date is real. Either way I have to wait there is absolutely no purple pro maxes anywhere near me I check daily. Got my answer Just checked pushed until Monday which was my date to begin with 9/26-9/28 ugh so frustrating.
It may be delays in scanning so keep hope alive

ChicagoCubs

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
It may be delays in scanning so keep hope alive
Since Iā€™ve seen others with the same scans moving I had hoped that things were moving and the update scans were delayed on the app but am losing faith thatā€™s the case. I guess if we donā€™t see movement today then we really are pushed out to Monday.

vit_don

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2017
Me too. I wish we saw some movement today. Im hoping when I wake up tomorrow we see some major scans. Maybe the scans are just behind?
Mine was in Korea as well for a couple of days. Checked the UPS today- was pushed back to 9/26 delivery instead of a friday.

Reactions: Jason83
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.