Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I need to know what y’all would do in this situation. I received an email this morning that my Apple Watch Ultra was ready for pickup at my UPS hub. I get there at 6:30pm and they can’t find my watch. They gave me a number to call in the morning, to see if they can find it. They told me I can cancel the hold for pickup and let the UPS driver attempt to deliver it. The problem is after tomorrow I won’t be off again until next Wednesday, which will then put it past the 5 days they would hold me package before returning to Verizon.

I do have an Ultra watch that was delivered through Apple, that I was going to return tomorrow, if I was able to pick up my Verizon watch today. I’m going to give UPS until noon tomorrow to find my watch before calling Verizon to report them losing it and having them cancel my order. I only wanted to keep the Verizon watch because Verizon gave me $150 off in device credits, but at this point, it’s not worth it. I would have to order another Watch on Verizon and the dates for that are not shipping until November 11.

Would you phone Verizon tomorrow regarding UPS loosing the watch if they don’t find it tomorrow, and start using the Apple order and just bite loosing the device credits? I feel so defeated since I waited 4 days to get this Watch and even skipped my break at work, to hurry up and make it to the UPS before they closed.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
I need to know what y’all would do in this situation. I received an email this morning that my Apple Watch Ultra was ready for pickup at my UPS hub. I get there at 6:30pm and they can’t find my watch. They gave me a number to call in the morning, to see if they can find it. They told me I can cancel the hold for pickup and let the UPS driver attempt to deliver it. The problem is after tomorrow I won’t be off again until next Wednesday, which will then put it past the 5 days they would hold me package before returning to Verizon.

I do have an Ultra watch that was delivered through Apple, that I was going to return tomorrow, if I was able to pick up my Verizon watch today. I’m going to give UPS until noon tomorrow to find my watch before calling Verizon to report them losing it and having them cancel my order. I only wanted to keep the Verizon watch because Verizon gave me $150 off in device credits, but at this point, it’s not worth it. I would have to order another Watch on Verizon and the dates for that are not shipping until November 11.

Would you phone Verizon tomorrow regarding UPS loosing the watch if they don’t find it tomorrow, and start using the Apple order and just bite loosing the device credits? I feel so defeated since I waited 4 days to get this Watch and even skipped my break at work, to hurry up and make it to the UPS before they closed.
If I were you, I would informed Verizon that the watch was never received. Now the part you don't want to hear: I would not activate the watch from Apple on the Verizon network until Verizon clearly shows that the watch they sent you has been labeled in your account as not received or you have an email that says the watch was not received. Until that happens you can use the watch from Apple without cellular service.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
If I were you, I would informed Verizon that the watch was never received. Now the part you don't want to hear: I would not activate the watch from Apple on the Verizon network until Verizon clearly shows that the watch they sent you has been labeled in your account as not received or you have an email that says the watch was not received. Until that happens you can use the watch from Apple without cellular service.

I’ve now made my peace to use the Apple order and phone Verizon in the morning to inform that the Watch was lost. The $150 credit was only working out to a credit of $4.16 a month for 36 months. I rather pay my credit card off and not have any extra fees added to my Verizon bill.

DIMESLIME

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2022

I Personally would just call Verizon tomorrow if UPS doesn't deliver or find it. I would just keep the one you got from Apple. If there was a specific band you wanted you can just order it. I went through a similar situation with Best Buy. Was supposed to get it on Friday, had a tracking number that didn't work. Come to find out I get an email Thursday saying it was getting packaged, then it was delayed and if I don't get it by October 6th they would refund me I am like WTF? Meanwhile I see people on a forum that are getting it days after I preordered it. At this point I am just livid. SO I wake up the next morning and I get a text sayin my order shipped on Friday.

Today is Monday. Through the weekend I am just driving myself crazy watching it go from state to state. Finally it gets to Minneapolis Sunday morning at 3:58 am. There it sits until I go to bed at 2:00 am. Now the paranoia starts to set in. Did UPS loose my ****ing package?🤣 At this point I sleep four hours. Monday morning I get up and see that it is at the UPS Warehouse down the road from me where things are always processed for delivery in my city. Luckily I know the lady that works there. I go to the UPS warehouse she finds my package. I am just beside myself. I haven't been this excited since the first iPhone and first Apple Watch. In the end it was worth every damn second of misery I went through lol. Hope you can get it figured out. I would have bought mine through Verizon but I didn't want a device payment hassle on my Verizon account so I just paid it and I own it outright.

Attachments

• tempImagexPPDfk.png
    tempImagexPPDfk.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 78
  • tempImageVdpiLH.png
    tempImageVdpiLH.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
Reactions: r.d

DIMESLIME

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2022
I’ve now made my peace to use the Apple order and phone Verizon in the morning to inform that the Watch was lost. The $150 credit was only working out to a credit of $4.16 a month for 36 months. I rather pay my credit card off and not have any extra fees added to my Verizon bill.
You can activate the one from Apple as it has a different IMEI and serial number. Just thought you should know this information.

Reactions: wx9kvh

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I Personally would just call Verizon tomorrow if UPS doesn't deliver or find it. I would just keep the one you got from Apple. If there was a specific band you wanted you can just order it. I went through a similar situation with Best Buy. Was supposed to get it on Friday, had a tracking number that didn't work. Come to find out I get an email Thursday saying it was getting packaged, then it was delayed and if I don't get it by October 6th they would refund me I am like WTF? Meanwhile I see people on a forum that are getting it days after I preordered it. At this point I am just livid. SO I wake up the next morning and I get a text sayin my order shipped on Friday.

Today is Monday. Through the weekend I am just driving myself crazy watching it go from state to state. Finally it gets to Minneapolis Sunday morning at 3:58 am. There it sits until I go to bed at 2:00 am. Now the paranoia starts to set in. Did UPS loose my ****ing package? At this point I sleep four hours. Monday morning I get up and see that it is at the UPS Warehouse down the road from me where things are always processed for delivery in my city. Luckily I know the lady that works there. I go to the UPS warehouse she finds my package. I am just beside myself. I haven't been this excited since the first iPhone and first Apple Watch. In the end it was worth every damn second of misery I went through lol. Hope you can get it figured out. I would have bought mine through Verizon but I didn't want a device payment hassle on my Verizon account so I just paid it and I own it outright.

I should’ve never ordered through Verizon. I went 4 days looking at the box sitting on my dresser, when I would’ve been able to play with the Watch on the 23rd. I’m definitely going to phone Verizon in the morning, and let them know UPS lost the watch.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I phoned Verizon this morning to inform that UPS lost the Watch. They flagged it lost/stolen, removed the device payments from my account and gave me a $10 credit every month, which is better than the $4.16 credit I was going to originally get. My watch is now activated on Verizon.

To add insult to injury, UPS called me 30 minutes later to say they found the Watch. I told them to return to sender. I definitely wasn’t driving 30 minutes to and from to pick up that Watch.

I also stopped in at the Apple Store to buy 2 more bands. I got my wrist sized for the braided loop and am a size 1.

916eaad7e0ec3fd120efd8ff97eac327.jpg

Reactions: DIMESLIME

DIMESLIME

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2022
I phoned Verizon this morning to inform that UPS lost the Watch. They flagged it lost/stolen, removed the device payments from my account and gave me a $10 credit every month, which is better than the $4.16 credit I was going to originally get. My watch is now activated on Verizon.

To add insult to injury, UPS called me 30 minutes later to say they found the Watch. I told them to return to sender. I definitely wasn’t driving 30 minutes to and from to pick up that Watch.

I also stopped in at the Apple Store to buy 2 more bands. I got my wrist sized for the braided loop and am a size 1.

How to you like the yellow Ocean band? I have been thinking about getting that and a braided loop.

DIMESLIME

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2022

That as I said as well was my biggest fear of UPS loosing it, luckily that wasn't the case. I would of had them deliver it to you anyways and took it in to a Verizon store. Hopefully they don't loose it again.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
That as I said as well was my biggest fear of UPS loosing it, luckily that wasn't the case. I would of had them deliver it to you anyways and took it in to a Verizon store. Hopefully they don't loose it again.

I won’t be home for them to deliver and sign it, so the best thing for them to do is just send it back. Next year I might do store pick up, if it don’t delay my device. Luckily it’ll just be for the iPhone 15 Pro Max.

Last edited:

keithprater

macrumors member
May 15, 2016
Ordered mine on the 9th and my order isn’t scheduled to ship until Nov 30th. What’s the likelihood of it coming earlier?

Jacc Sparrow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Brooklyn Nyc
I haven’t opened it yet. I’ve had a busy day, so I’m still using the orange alpine band.
I LOVE it, I actually like it better than the Alpine loop. Speaking of I took my Verizon Alpine loop in orange to the App Store that was too large. The lady let me exchange it for any band I wanted , picked out the green alpine loop. She told me there are no solo bands anywhere. Not sure what happened.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
I won’t be home for them to deliver and sign it, so the best thing for them to do is just send it back. Next year I might do store pick up, if it don’t delay me device. Luckily it’ll just be for the iPhone 15 Pro Max.
Are you buying the iPhones on the Verizon installment plan and trading in when new phone launches?

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I LOVE it, I actually like it better than the Alpine loop. Speaking of I took my Verizon Alpine loop in orange to the App Store that was too large. The lady let me exchange it for any band I wanted , picked out the green alpine loop. She told me there are no solo bands anywhere. Not sure what happened.

The Apple Store rep that I was speaking with yesterday, said a lot of people that ordered through their carriers swapped the unopened bands for another one with no issues. I love the Alpine loop. It’s comfortable and easy to put on now.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
I only pay 5 a month. I get a 50% discount because I have two cellular lines.
Hmmm, I have a business account with numerous phones and watches. I am being charged $10 for a smartwatch. I guess the $5 deal is not available to a business account. However, business accounts do have other perks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.