Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
You have more cords now than you had. You're going backwards. How can you deny that? Look, look. The Airpods have failed! We would have been perfectly okay with removing the headphone jack once you had proven the technology, but now is not the time!

You do understand that their are plenty of wireless headphones on the market, right? And that their is a large selection that are cheaper (and look nicer) than the Airpods, right?

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
Right... I'm sure you, of all people, will somehow stop Tim Cook during their fiscal, not "fiscle", conference call and tell him to stop making an excuse.

That just made my day, thanks!
Well I guess a grammar policeman working on the forums is a step up from the YouTube comment section. But I still think they try to tell people things they already know. I already knew that grammar officer. Where are these people when you need them to work on autocorrect?

Last edited:

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
Well I guess a grammar policeman working on the forums is a step up from the YouTube comment section. But I still think they try to tell people things they already know. I already knew that grammar officer. Where are these people when you need them to work on autocorrect?

How many times are you going to edit your post until you decide on the best response? Is that the best you've got for all your soap-box "I told you so" posts?

macTW

Suspended
Oct 17, 2016
First they said they removed the headphone jack to make way for Airpods. When they realized the Airpods don't actually work, they then came back and said the real reason they removed the headphone jack was to make room for some gyroscope and a thinner design. Apple pulled the old bait and switch that's as old as time itself.

They're not releasing them in 2016. It's too late for that. And if they come back in 2017 and release them, if that happens I'm going to consider that during the release of the iPhone 8. So in my eyes they've been cancelled.

$159 for non working Airpods? This product was doomed from the start.
Your definition of cancelled isn't Apple's... or anybody else's. Sorry to admit but you're wrong.

Also, care to provide evidence to your claims about why Apple removed the Jack? From the start, it was water resistance and room for the haptic engine and battery... straight from the iPhone launch event.
[doublepost=1480458563][/doublepost]
I would suggest Apple should have ensured they worked and would be available before removing the headphone jack on the iPhone.

If the AirPods weren't ready, they should have delayed removing the jack until the next iPhone.
Essentially not releasing a phone this fall...? Yea, no. If Apple didn't own beats, I'd agree, but with the plethora of quality wireless earphones and headsets available, this is a non issue - nules cone who only buys things with an Apple logo.

Reactions: toph2toast

I-Bot

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2008
My City
Honestly, I have a pair of PowerBeats 3 and the primary reason for me to want AirPods or even BeatsX is to phase away Micro-USB as much as possible, I already have the Apple Smart Battery Case which charges via Lightning, my Apple Watch which has it's own charger, iPad which charges via Lightning so if I get the AirPods/BeatsX then I got practically stop using Micro-USB minus one Mophie as a fail-safe just in case I need to charge any of the aforementioned devices so essentially I can wait, hopefully not until 2017 but I definitely can wait for them.

ireadblitz

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2016
This is the most cringe worthy thread I've read through in a while. They're just wireless headphones, relax... If they haven't come out yet then there's nothing you can do besides wait. End of story. THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT.

Reactions: toph2toast

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
Yall are the ones on the hype train. I told you to stop waiting for it. So me, worked up? I think not.

And why should anyone listen to you? If people want to wait for them, it has 0 impact on you. So stop with all the crap. It's a damn pair of headphones. I might buy them I might not, but no one on this thread needs to deal with your soap-box BS.

Reactions: Dave245

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
And why should anyone listen to you? If people want to wait for them, it has 0 impact on you. So stop with all the crap. It's a damn pair of headphones. I might buy them I might not, but no one on this thread needs to deal with your soap-box BS.

That's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm gonna zip my lips.

For now. But January 1st you know what's coming.

Canyonero

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
Tim just confirmed to me by email AirPods will start shipping in two weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 246

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm more concerned about how Digital Audio composition gear will evolve along with USB-C:
AKG MPC's and such,
Speakers from JBL, Polk Audio, KRS, etc ... what will DJ's and musicians connecting to their old mac's due when they upgrade to the new late 2016 MBP ? sorry if off-topic but similar

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

As if this thread wasn't already teetering off the rails. Now Tim Cook "Confirms" the release of the Airpods. Maybe you should notify the editors for a MacRumors, so they can post an article on your findings.

Cigsm

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2010
LOLOLOL are you trolling? Apple literally never said they removed the headphone jack so they could create air pods.

And cancelled means never coming out ever. That's the definition.

First they said they removed the headphone jack to make way for Airpods. When they realized the Airpods don't actually work, they then came back and said the real reason they removed the headphone jack was to make room for some gyroscope and a thinner design. Apple pulled the old bait and switch that's as old as time itself.

They're not releasing them in 2016. It's too late for that. And if they come back in 2017 and release them, if that happens I'm going to consider that during the release of the iPhone 8. So in my eyes they've been cancelled.

$159 for non working Airpods? This product was doomed from the start.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
He didn't say two weeks (assuming it's really him). He said few weeks. Few could be 3, 4, 5.

Typically Cook has a league of advisors who assist in his daily E-mails and a reply directly from him is unlikely, but possible. Also, excellent point,@Canyonero misquoted there own post, it's not "Two weeks", it's weeks as You mentioned.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Yeah I didn't take that as serious post.

Apple would be dropping the ball not releasing them in December. Christmas sales could be huge. I still feel like stock will frustrate people again.

Reactions: Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013

Are you expecting us to take that seriously? because i think the majority of us don't. If that was genuinely from Tim Cook, why wouldn't the email show Tim's email address for a start.
[doublepost=1480507782][/doublepost]
Yeah I didn't take that as serious post.

Apple would be dropping the ball not releasing them in December. Christmas sales could be huge. I still feel like stock will frustrate people again.

Exactly, but Apple have not mentioned the word CANCELLED, they have said delayed, but the thread starter seems to think that Apple has cancelled the AirPods.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I'm surprised by the amount of reviews and videos posted about these in September. Apple gave out a few samples to media for a few days as if these were supposed to launch with the iPhone 7...

I'm warming up to the idea though if sound quality is "incredible" as Jony Ive said.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.