Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cassady

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2012
Sqornshellous
There are no supply chain issues. Did you read page 2 of that article? Go read page 2.

Yes. Page 2 cites the Cnet article, by stating the following: "Cnet refers to the AirPods as “dorky as hell” and calls them ridiculous looking with the long tubes protruding from your ears like earrings."

But if you READ the Cnet article (which is entitled "Airpods after a week of use: They look weird, but they're a peek at Apple's wireless future", that very same author says the following: "I've been wearing a pair for the better part of a week. And you know what? They look dorky as hell, but I still like these AirPods. I know you think I'm crazy now, but read on to find out why."

And the other (one of [only] TWO referred to that supposedly spells doom for the Airpods) is more critical, but says this:

"I've also experienced some various issues with the AirPods' Bluetooth connection. Sometimes the audio cuts out or the microphone doesn't work when I'm trying to answer a call. (Again, I've been testing preproduction units, and Apple has said it won't release a product before it's ready, so I feel pretty confident these issues are being ironed out now.)

Still, the AirPods delay is a rare setback for Apple. After making the controversial decision to eliminate the headphone jack in the iPhone 7, it pitched AirPods and other wireless headsets as the future of audio. But that doesn't do anyone much good if customers have to wait indefinitely for the AirPods."
So you PLEASE tell me whether you think the tone of the original article you linked to (PJMedia), without your seemingly have read any of the other articles they in turn "cite" [Cnet and BusinessInsider], says anything remotely close to what PJmedia said?

How does the above equate to him saying "What that means in PR-speak is that they can’t make them work reliably, they're trying to change the design, or they're possibly having second thoughts."

Reactions: Ghost31

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
With all the evidence abut these airpods sitting right at your fingertips, you're still trying to deny the obvious. Airpods are broken. It's not in a shippable state.

Stop waiting on those Airpods. They missed their launch date, they missed black Friday, they missed cyber Monday, and they're going to miss Christmas. I've been saying that for the longest.

All you have to do is connect the dots. That's how we can say that it's too late for the Airpods to come out before Christmas. Apple didn't say it was a supply chain issue, they said it was a technical issue.

So at this point why are you guys still waiting on this? You already said youd rather opt for "Beats" and "cheap Bluetooth earbuds on Amazon." That's yalls solution. This is what yall told us. But those Airpods are not coming out the same year that the iPhone 7 came out. It's over it's finished!

Not trying to sound mad or anything but it's very clear what's going on. I can't trust yall because I'm not going out spending money on some cheap Bluetooth headphones. That's why I don't agree with the title they changed this thread to. I'm not asking where the Airpods are, we already know what happened to them. I'm telling yall to stop waiting for them because they're not coming.

It's panning out just like I said it would.

Last edited:

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
With all the evidence abut these airpods sitting right at your fingertips, you're still trying to deny the obvious. Airpods are broken. It's not in a shippable state.

Stop waiting on those Airpods. They missed their launch date, they missed black Friday, they missed cyber Monday, and they're going to miss Christmas. I've been saying that for the longest.

All you have to do is connect the dots. That's how we can say that it's too late for the Airpods to come out before Christmas. Apple didn't say it was a supply chain issue, they said it was a technical issue.

So at this point why are you guys still waiting on this? You already said youd rather opt for "Beats" and "cheap Bluetooth earbuds on Amazon." That's yalls solution. This is what yall told us. But those Airpods are not coming out the same year that the iPhone 7 came out. It's over it's finished!

Not trying to sound mad or anything but it's very clear what's going on. I can't trust yall because I'm not going out spending money on some cheap Bluetooth headphones. That's why I don't agree with the title they changed this thread to. I'm not asking where the Airpods are, we already know what happened to them. I'm telling yall to stop waiting for them because they're not coming.

It's panning out just like I said it would.

So because they are not coming out when Apple first said they would, the Airpods have failed :rolleyes: Apple confirmed that they have been delayed not cancelled!

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
So because they are not coming out when Apple first said they would, the Airpods have failed :rolleyes: Apple confirmed that they have been delayed not cancelled!
But they didn't release in 2016... Okay that hasn't happened yet but when it does... tell me, what will be the difference? I'm not waiting until 2017. I'm not buying them until the iPhone 8 now. I'm keeping my 6s. Which is what you all should have done.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Why do people keep saying they missed Black Friday/Cyber Monday? Do you understand those days are for deals? Why would they offer a deal on the Airpods right out the gate?

If they miss christmas, then yes, that's a blunder. However, they shouldn't even be mentioned for blackfriday.

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
Why do people keep saying they missed Black Friday/Cyber Monday? Do you understand those days are for deals? Why would they offer a deal on the Airpods right out the gate?

If they miss christmas, then yes, that's a blunder. However, they shouldn't even be mentioned for blackfriday.
It's not just about deals. They don't even have to be on sale it's the biggest shopping day of the year. You don't sell then, you lose sales. And this fiscle quarter Apple is going to take a hit due to those Airpods and their relationship with the iPhone 7 in removing that headphone jack. And I'm going to laugh during that conference call. Because I don't want to hear any excuses about the Airpods. I'm going to have to stop them if they try to make an excuse.

It's not IF. they're going to miss Christmas. That's a given. I'm saying that now. When that happens I'm coming back and saying I told you so. Because I don't see how they can try to rush these broken devices to market just in time for Christmas.

The way they set it up... they fooled around here and propped up this iPhone 7 to depend on the Airpods when the Airpods aren't even ready...

I tried to tell yall they're setting it up... To fail. They can't meet that demand, they can't logistically do it, it's just not going to happen. Come on, stop. Lol

Yall got to learn how this game is played.

Last edited:

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
But they didn't release in 2016... Okay that hasn't happened yet but when it does... tell me, what will be the difference? I'm not waiting until 2017. I'm not buying them until the iPhone 8 now. I'm keeping my 6s. Which is what you all should have done.

Just because they might not release this year doesn't mean they have been cancelled, they may release in January or later, that doesn't mean there cancelled. Just because your not buying them doesn't mean others won't, I brought the iPhone 7 Plus and I'm very happy with it, will I buy the iPhone 8, I probably will and I will happily buy the Airpods to go with my iPhone 7 Plus and they will still work when the 8 arrives. And telling people what we all should of done is wrong, just because it's what your doing, doesn't mean that it's right for everyone else!

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Fact one, we do not know all the issues and when they were detected.

Fact two, why was it not detected sooner?

Fact three, something is very wrong or they would have been released by now.

UNLESS they were more concerned with the MacBook release but I think different people/departments worked that. Then again I think I would be more concerned with a product that costs around $2000 versus $159.

Last edited:

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
All it would take is a little bit of wind and rain and those Airpods are gone. I'm all for the wireless revolution but this Airpod ain't it. And yall are finding that out.

It is Cancelled!

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
All it would take is a little bit of wind and rain and those Airpods are gone. I'm all for the wireless revolution but this Airpod ain't it. And yall are finding that out.

It is Cancelled!

With these kinds of statements your just making it clear that you don't know what your talking about!

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
With these kinds of statements your just making it clear that you don't know what your talking about!
Be quiet. I don't argue, I just sit it right in your lap. I TOLD YOU it wouldn't come out in November and it didn't. You can't argue that.

And why did they take my thread and merge it into a thread with the hopefuls? My topic is not what these topics are talking about. THEYRE NOT COMING OUT IN 2016.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
They're literally dangling out of your ear with nothing to hold them in place. If people lose earrings, they'll lose this. That is, if they ever come out. They might not at this rate.

I take it that you've not seen the YouTube videos From early reviewers who tried out the Air Pods, they found that they stayed in their ears very well. Fact Apple have NOT cancelled the Airpods, they are simply delayed, there is a difference between cancelled and delayed.

Reactions: Ghost31

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
I take it that you've not seen the YouTube videos From early reviewers who tried out the Air Pods, they found that they stayed in their ears very well. Fact Apple have NOT cancelled the Airpods, they are simply delayed, there is a difference between cancelled and delayed.
I don't care what you watch in a YouTube video. Apple's current design is just not gonna work.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I don't care what you watch in a YouTube video. Apple's current design is just not gonna work.

So those early reviewers are all wrong? I'd take their word and in fact Apple's word, over someone who posts on this forum and clearly doesn't know what their talking about any day. You started this thread talking about the Airpods being cancelled, your clearly wrong!

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
So those early reviewers are all wrong? I'd take their word and in fact Apple's word, over someone who posts on this forum and clearly doesn't know what their talking about any day. You started this thread talking about the Airpods being cancelled, your clearly wrong!

All I have to do is sit back and wait. Sooner... Or later... What I said will come to light.

I'm going to be quiet for now. But after Christmas, after January 1st. Then I'll come back... Don't go anywhere. Don't try to hide... Because I'll be coming back to say...

I told you so. Hahahaaa

domhoenig

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2012
All I have to do is sit back and wait. Sooner... Or later... What I said will come to light.

I'm going to be quiet for now. But after Christmas, after January 1st. Then I'll come back... Don't go anywhere. Don't try to hide... Because I'll be coming back to say...

I told you so. Hahahaaa
you're a troll ****.

EDIT:by the way, up there says C-U-N-T

Reactions: Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013

So I'm going to be quiet for now. But after Christmas, after January 1st. Then I'll come back... And I'm going to tell you...

I told you so. Hahahaaa

Your clearly now trolling, Apple never gave a date when the Airpods will be released, as I've said they are delayed not cancelled. So you can say I told you so all you want, it will mean nothing.

Reactions: 44267547

Pupi

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2015
Do people really think that the iPhone 7 should come packed with a set of all-new expensive earbuds that have independent functionality, each has its own battery, bluetooth, W1 chip, beam-forming microphone, motion sensor, proximity sensor and whatnot, oh and a charging case with, obviously, its own battery?

The sense of entitlement is palpable.

Why stop there? Why not an Airport Extreme, an Apple TV, a Tesla S and a pack of mints?

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
Do people really think that the iPhone 7 should come packed with a set of all-new expensive earbuds that have independent functionality, each has its own battery, bluetooth, W1 chip, beam-forming microphone, motion sensor, proximity sensor and whatnot, oh and a charging case with, obviously, its own battery?

The sense of entitlement is palpable.

Why stop there? Why not an Airport Extreme, an Apple TV, a Tesla S and a pack of mints?
The way they talked about going wireless no one would have thought they would include MORE wires with the iPhone 7. They removed the jack. So yes, putting the Airpods in with the iPhone 7 is the LEAST they could do. Apple pulled the carpet right from under you and you're still bowing down.

And let's remember that those are the same features that aren't working. But anyway when I rub it in your face, I'm going to enjoy every moment of it.

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
It's not just about deals. They don't even have to be on sale it's the biggest shopping day of the year. You don't sell then, you lose sales. And this fiscle quarter Apple is going to take a hit due to those Airpods and their relationship with the iPhone 7 in removing that headphone jack. And I'm going to laugh during that conference call. Because I don't want to hear any excuses about the Airpods. I'm going to have to stop them if they try to make an excuse.

It's not IF. they're going to miss Christmas. That's a given. I'm saying that now. When that happens I'm coming back and saying I told you so. Because I don't see how they can try to rush these broken devices to market just in time for Christmas.

The way they set it up... they fooled around here and propped up this iPhone 7 to depend on the Airpods when the Airpods aren't even ready...

I tried to tell yall they're setting it up... To fail. They can't meet that demand, they can't logistically do it, it's just not going to happen. Come on, stop. Lol

Yall got to learn how this game is played.

Right... I'm sure you, of all people, will somehow stop Tim Cook during their fiscal conference call and tell him to stop making an excuse.

That just made my day, thanks!

Reactions: Dave245

Pupi

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2015
The way they talked about going wireless no one would have thought they would include MORE wires with the iPhone 7. They removed the jack. So yes, putting the Airpods in with the iPhone 7 is the LEAST they could do. Apple pulled the carpet right from under you and you're still bowing down.

And let's remember that those are the same features that aren't working. But anyway when I rub it in your face, I'm going to enjoy every moment of it.
Apple have always included baseline functionality throwaway earbuds in the box. The Lightning EarPods are exactly that. The AirPods are not that.

And LMAO at that last remark. You're way too invested in this, it's amusing but you probably should unplug for a bit, breathe some fresh air and maybe listen to some music.

edit: but maybe you can't because you're waiting on the AirPods :(

Reactions: toph2toast

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011

What features aren't working? My lightning earbuds work just fine, as do my wireless headphones...

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

It is Cancelled!

With no supporting evidence, other than some shady link you provided. I think the Airpods will release after the new year. That said, you can't prove the Airpods are "Broken." Only Apple can confirm this.

Reactions: toph2toast
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.