Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I found that (before anyone on here mentioned it), with the rMB, when used on my LAP, I felt I had to move it closer to me to read, as compared with the 13" MBA. Because of that, the angle of the screen was a little less than optimum when fully opened.

When used on a table or higher position for use, I didnt feel the LCD max opening issue was an issue.

I'd say this is more resolution related.

rahulr

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2008
North Carolina
I found that (before anyone on here mentioned it), with the rMB, when used on my LAP, I felt I had to move it closer to me to read, as compared with the 13" MBA. Because of that, the angle of the screen was a little less than optimum when fully opened.

When used on a table or higher position for use, I didnt feel the LCD max opening issue was an issue.

I'm finding the exact same thing. But so far the screen angle hasn't been an issue and I haven't felt any eye or neck strain when using the rMB on my desk or lap.

It's actually quite comfortable.

enduser99

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2015
I'd say this is more resolution related.

I think it's hight, eyesight, and use position. Not everybody will have an issue with it. It was a minor annoyance, as I don't require to view the display completely orthogonal to its plane.

Zquest42

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2023
just got my macbook and realized the screen doesn't tilt further back? it looks like it goes just a little past 90 degrees. its annoying when having the laptop on my lap and close and want the screen to tilt further back.....im coming from a 2008 macbook so i don't know if this is the norm for the newer MacBooks?
:mad:
I noticed that too. Ive been thinking about getting a new MacBook but the screen tilt is not near as good as my Chromebook which Ive had for a number of years. It makes me think twice about it. Im sure they could make it allot better. Sometimes Im not sure why do some of the things they do.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Tilt back further? WHY?!?! Of all the gripes, this must be the weirdest. I can't imagine ever having a reason to tilt the screen further back than it does. There are so people doing weird stuff with their laptops here, clearly.
I totally get it. I 3D printed a stand for my wife’s work laptop (Windoze) to elevate the display to a comfortable level - she uses an external keyboard. Worked perfectly for her, so I modified the lip to fit my MacBook Pro and printed one for myself to use in the workshop (also with external keyboard) and… whoops, the display only opens to about 15-deg short of vertical! (-‸ლ)

I redesigned it for the max tilt of the display and printed it; it works fine but takes up more bench space than necessary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.