Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TracerAnalog

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2012
Can they reveal the new CEO already? Interim CEO Cook has far, far outstayed his welcome.

I misremembered. I thought Tim Cook was initially iCEO (like Jobs was upon his return) and he wasn't immediately declared the CEO. Do we know whether Jobs really intended for Cook to be CEO for multiple years? I always thought Jobs saw Cook as someone who could keep things on track for a few weeks-months while he was unavailable, not someone who would actually be responsible for running Apple for multiple years.
I’ll give you that: a funny new spin on a boring old trope. Now scram…😜

Reactions: hovscorpion12

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Well, at least he won’t have paid for ’Mother Nature’ again….. so that’s more profit to the Apple.
Having said that, I think she was getting a bit cheesed off with everyone blaming her for when Tim relentlessly spouts on and on about recycling and looking after the planet.

Velli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2013
Well, at least he won’t have paid for ’Mother Nature’ again….. so that’s more profit to the Apple.
Having said that, I think she was getting a bit cheesed off with everyone blaming her for when Tim relentlessly spouts on and on about recycling and looking after the planet.
Yeah, 'nuff about that planet already, that's so last year.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
I think they are announcing something for the UK/ European audience.

? No the are aren’t, it’ll just be the standard Apple event, just at a different time, plus it’ll be pre-recorded anyway. They have an event setup in London for journalists to watch the event, and they have done that many times before as after the event they allow them to get hands in with the new products. Hence the time. And I’d be surprised if the UK was the only place they’ve done that. Gets the new products into the press quicker then. Plus the endless You Tube videos from the usual tech reviewers that will have had the new iPads for 2 weeks, that will be released as soon as the event finishes.

freediverx00

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2020
Can they reveal the new CEO already? Interim CEO Cook has far, far outstayed his welcome.

I misremembered. I thought Tim Cook was initially iCEO (like Jobs was upon his return) and he wasn't immediately declared the CEO. Do we know whether Jobs really intended for Cook to be CEO for multiple years? I always thought Jobs saw Cook as someone who could keep things on track for a few weeks-months while he was unavailable, not someone who would actually be responsible for running Apple for multiple years.
Careful what you wish for. I strongly suspect that Apple’s next CEO will make Tim Cook look like Steve Jobs. I expect a greater abandonment of everything that made Apple great in the first place and a doubling down on maximizing growth and profits at any cost.

shinkansenwarrior

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2015
Tokyo
I remember in the early stages of his reign as CEO, Tim the logistics & procurement guru to Steve would come on stage and try to be a bit humourous ...maybe to sustain the charismatic aura Jobs created. It seemed OK for a while but after time it all dried up. Two different talents driving a fantastic company. People's opinions will always be split between the shareholder profit yield champion and the maverick innovator who will throw in the kitchen sink for success.
Perhaps the middle ground is what we need.

Last edited:

ApplesAreSweet&Sour

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2018
and just think Mr Tim Apple....it wouldn't take much longer to introduce a new iPad Mini
iPad Air M1 is already way better value/$ on specs and performance than iPad mini right now, and I don't see how Apple can justify keeping the mini outdated next to refreshed iPads Air unless the new iPads Air and Pro see significant price increases.

iPad mini refresh could easily get shadow-dropped next to the new Airs and Pros.

Which begs the question, will Apple increase iPad profits for 2024 by increasing iPad Air and Pro prices or increasing value without price increases?

A simple boost for iPad sales could be to bump up the 64GB for the entry-level configurations to 128GB, and the 128GB on the Pros to 256GB.

I can totally see Apple doing what it did with iPhones 15 Pro and increasing the 128GB to 256GB for one or both iPads Pro models and upping the prices of them by $99, respectively.

Shifting iPad storage tiers to match those of iPhones would be very on brand for Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.