Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
No call yet from the Montreal Apple Store but I can't really tell if this is a good thing or bad thing.

9l3w62z.png

Unfortunately, Apple's website does show the service coverage as expired:

o64H1xx.png

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
Browse to Apple Support Profile, and login. Once in, verify if you see a new serial number for your watch ;)

No call yet from the Montreal Apple Store but I can't really tell if this is a good thing or bad thing.

9l3w62z.png

o64H1xx.png

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada

You know, that would be some damn sneaky pool if they replaced your watch, but left your AC+ as deactivated (doing you a good turn, but still "burning the evidence"). If they don't restore your AC+, you still have something to chase them down about.

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
You know, that would be some damn sneaky pool if they replaced your watch, but left your AC+ as deactivated (doing you a good turn, but still "burning the evidence"). If they don't restore your AC+, you still have something to chase them down about.

I fully intend to fight the AppleCare cancellation. I paid $99 for 2 years of service. Having that cancelled 15 months into my 24 month agreement is simply not acceptable especially if they replaced the watch and then ask me to pay to use one of my AC+ Incidents when I pick it up.
[doublepost=1474289643][/doublepost]
Browse to Apple Support Profile, and login. Once in, verify if you see a new serial number for your watch ;)

Here's my support page: (missing my iPad Pro, iPhone and MacBook Pro but that's not uncommon)

HnINwNQ.png

I ordered a Series 2 which arrives tomorrow (Space Black) so that's already in there.

Although wait a second. So the watch bottom left is the one I sent in for repair. It shows AC+ is cancelled but the one above it, I didn't buy AppleCare+ for the Space Black SS that I ordered that is coming tomorrow. I was going to add AC+ at the Apple Store next week when i go pick up my old watch and then put the old watch on eBay

But this is showing top left an active agreement for a series 2 SS.... Could it be????

hqPOgL3.png

Based on the dates (I ordered my new watch on 9/16), this is just my new Apple Watch. But is it possible this is a replacement to my old one and for my trouble, they gave me a Series 2? Apple has done stuff like that before.

The "not eligible for AC+" showing on here is what has me thinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: circatee

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I fully intend to fight the AppleCare cancellation. I paid $99 for 2 years of service. Having that cancelled 15 months into my 24 month agreement is simply not acceptable especially if they replaced the watch and then ask me to pay to use one of my AC+ Incidents when I pick it up.
[doublepost=1474289643][/doublepost]

Here's my support page: (missing my iPad Pro, iPhone and MacBook Pro but that's not uncommon)

HnINwNQ.png

I ordered a Series 2 which arrives tomorrow (Space Black) so that's already in there.

Although wait a second. So the watch bottom left is the one I sent in for repair. It shows AC+ is cancelled but the one above it, I didn't buy AppleCare+ for the Space Black SS that I ordered that is coming tomorrow. I was going to add AC+ at the Apple Store next week when i go pick up my old watch and then put the old watch on eBay

But this is showing top left an active agreement for a series 2 SS.... Could it be????

hqPOgL3.png

Based on the dates (I ordered my new watch on 9/16), this is just my new Apple Watch. But is it possible this is a replacement to my old one and for my trouble, they gave me a Series 2? Apple has done stuff like that before.

The "not eligible for AC+" showing on here is what has me thinking.
It could be your new watch you ordered, or they may not have replacements for AW0 anymore. I mean they aren't selling them anymore, so they may have sold through all the stock and they have to replace it with a watch, so AWS2 is what you get. Who knows though.

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
It could be your new watch you ordered, or they may not have replacements for AW0 anymore. I mean they aren't selling them anymore, so they may have sold through all the stock and they have to replace it with a watch, so AWS2 is what you get. Who knows though.

Given customs, I assume the watch won't be at Montreal store until next week. I have a beer-event in Montreal on the 1st of October. that's when I'll go to pick it up. So I guess expect some radio silence from me until I get a call / email from Apple.

I've had 3 year old iMacs get failed logic boards and Apple still manages to find my exact product to replace it. Same with iPods...I've also had an iBook G3 get swapped for a G4 (800Mhz to 1.25Ghz) and I've had an iPod mini get swapped for a nano. So it's been a 50/50 mix of swap for old product versus new. Given the 9/16 date, I think that's just my new watch showing since it has officially shipped. Aside from Editions, I honestly just expect Apple to have 2-3K Space Black watches in stock for warranty reasons. The product was sold as new up until 3 weeks ago. If it was April 2017, I'd expect a Series 1 be swapped. Then again, for customer service reasons, perhaps an employee saw the hassle I've been through and is just trying to give some goodwill.

We'll see!!!

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Given customs, I assume the watch won't be at Montreal store until next week. I have a beer-event in Montreal on the 1st of October. that's when I'll go to pick it up. So I guess expect some radio silence from me until I get a call / email from Apple.

I've had 3 year old iMacs get failed logic boards and Apple still manages to find my exact product to replace it. Same with iPods...I've also had an iBook G3 get swapped for a G4 (800Mhz to 1.25Ghz) and I've had an iPod mini get swapped for a nano. So it's been a 50/50 mix of swap for old product versus new. Given the 9/16 date, I think that's just my new watch showing since it has officially shipped. Aside from Editions, I honestly just expect Apple to have 2-3K Space Black watches in stock for warranty reasons. The product was sold as new up until 3 weeks ago. If it was April 2017, I'd expect a Series 1 be swapped. Then again, for customer service reasons, perhaps an employee saw the hassle I've been through and is just trying to give some goodwill.

We'll see!!!
Yeah I would not get my hopes up, but if it happens that would be awesome. It's just surprise me they ditched the series 0 altogether. I thought they would keep it around. Especially with watchOS 3, the series 0 is still a great watch. Who knows though. Keep us posted. Been a crazy ride for us, and I know an even crazier one for you.

Reactions: adamjackson

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Going to sample some Unibroue beers? (they make such awesome beers) :) Lots of little breweries still kicking around Quebec that the big beer companies haven't bought out yet (very few left in Ontario) *sniff*. :(

@bmac4 - I guarantee you Apple has LOTS of S0 stock to take care of warranty claims. If adamjackson gets an upgrade, it's because the higher ups became aware of just how badly they f'd up on this one.

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Going to sample some Unibroue beers? (they make such awesome beers) :) Lots of little breweries still kicking around Quebec that the big beer companies haven't bought out yet (very few left in Ontario) *sniff*. :(

Going to Dieu Du Ciel for a Wild-Ale Event. It's either go here or drive to Portland, ME or Central MA for a similar event and the CAD to USD value proposition is so good right now that other than driving time, it's cheaper to spend the night in Montreal, buy some Champagne @ SAQ and grab my watch :)

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga

@bmac4 - I guarantee you Apple has LOTS of S0 stock to take care of warranty claims. If adamjackson gets an upgrade, it's because the higher ups became aware of just how badly they f'd up on this one.
Yeah I agree with you. I was just throwing it out there. I don't think they would swap a S0 for S2.

PhantomCypher

macrumors member
May 21, 2015
This is all a bunch of hogwash. I'm going to side with the people here saying we're not getting some details.

Let's see the resolution but I won't be surprised if someone at Apple is monitoring these forums and will go and deny your claim again based on the evidence posted here.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
This is all a bunch of hogwash. I'm going to side with the people here saying we're not getting some details.

Let's see the resolution but I won't be surprised if someone at Apple is monitoring these forums and will go and deny your claim again based on the evidence posted here.
Wow! SO much negativity! Rough childhood or not have enough coffee this morning? Maybe count to ten before blasting off next time?

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota

Deny claim based on what evidence posted here? The OP posted pics of his returned AW showing that it's in fact unmodified (at least externally from what we've seen). The issue isn't water damage with regard to the cancellation of the AC+.

Based on what we've seen so far, I still say it was most likely a mix-up considering that they send him the paperwork meant for the iPhone.

Reactions: Dwalls90 and bmac4

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008

Here's some additional evidence, while on vacation a day before the Apple Watch stopped responding to taps on the top of the screen, here's me wearing it in a video w/ an Apple Band showing it operating perfectly again with no modifications:

(17 seconds)

I've been as open and honest (almost TMI) with every post here and I actually hope apple sees the thread. They'll see I don't want freebies, I don't want any special treatment. I'm just a guy who loves Apple and already ordered a Series 2 and would like my AppleCare+ Agreement for the Series 0 honored so I can put it on eBay.

Reactions: caligurl

Neo1975

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2015
A book should be written about this saga. Then made into a film which will possibly be split into two parts.

Micheal Fassbender will star as the OP.

gtg465x

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2016
A book should be written about this saga. Then made into a film which will possibly be split into two parts.

Micheal Fassbender will star as the OP.

I was thinking OP would be played by Zach Galifianakis.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.