Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Awwww. Buzz kill! 😀 Guess it really is just their standard response when a number is entered that isn't in the system. Back to waiting for some real data!
yea, this year, compared to last, is kinda getting boring here in this thread ;)
no flight shares, no customs control wait check, nothing ... ;(

I'm definitely looking forward to my orange ocean band.

And for those of you who are trading your AW pin, in case you have AC+ coverage remaining, contact Apple to get partial refund once you send your old watch in ... my Ultra's coverage expires 9/22/24 so I expect ~ $48 in form of an electronic gift card, and I might use that towards the new blue ocean band, but need to see that in person first to compare to my midnight

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
yea, this year, compared to last, is kinda getting boring here in this thread ;)

And for those of you who are trading your AW pin, in case you have AC+ coverage remaining, contact Apple to get partial refund once you send your old watch in ... my Ultra's coverage expires 9/22/24 so I expect ~ $48 in form of an electronic gift card, and I might use that towards the new blue ocean band, but need to see that in person first to compare to my midnight
Yep, grasping at straws for excitement here. Good point about remaining AC+ coverage. I'm trading an AW7 stainless in and might have a little time left. Won't be much of a refund, but a little gift card is always welcome.

MacMan2013

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2023
Just placed my order. My old Series 7 that I picked up cheap on eBay has a poor battery and a cracked screen so decided to get the new model. Series 9 with a 45mm screen and a winter blue sports band. First time actually that I've pre-ordered an Apple product. Incidentally, anyone know if the charger is included or not?

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
Just placed my order. My old Series 7 that I picked up cheap on eBay has a poor battery and a cracked screen so decided to get the new model. Series 9 with a 45mm screen and a winter blue sports band. First time actually that I've pre-ordered an Apple product. Incidentally, anyone know if the charger is included or not?
Looks like the USB-C fast-charging magnetic cable is included again this year. As has been true for both phones and watches for awhile, you're on your own for the power brick.

MacMan2013

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2023
Looks like the USB-C fast-charging magnetic cable is included again this year. As has been true for both phones and watches for awhile, you're on your own for the power brick.
So what exactly do I need to connect to the magnetic cable. Is it the same power brick as a MacBook or iPad or do I need something extra? I've only used a wireless charger for my watch in the past which is a little slow.

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
So what exactly do I need to connect to the magnetic cable. Is it the same power brick as a MacBook or iPad or do I need something extra? I've only used a wireless charger for my watch in the past which is a little slow.
Any of the USB-C adapters will work. If you want fast charging, you'll need at least the Apple 20W adapter or equivalent from another manufacturer.

Reactions: MacMan2013

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Damn, should’ve ordered 2 days ago instead of procrastinating…
You could just see what shows up in the Apple Store near you if you don't want to wait on launch day.

I did that last year when the order got pushed back 2 weeks from the initial launch date estimate.

Found the exact same, ordered it, and picked up at the Apple store near me.

Then after the pre order arrived, I returned it.

Easy.

Reactions: HDJulie

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif

Compared to the iPhone 15 threads where lots of action every second, this thread is pretty slow...

Thanks for the AC+ credit tip.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
You could just see what shows up in the Apple Store near you if you don't want to wait on launch day.

I did that last year when the order got pushed back 2 weeks from the initial launch date estimate.

Found the exact same, ordered it, and picked up at the Apple store near me.

Then after the pre order arrived, I returned it.

Easy.
I did the same. Easy :)

Reactions: 4sallypat

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
0r 8 if you count the outer ring (altitude, depth, or seconds)
and like i said, its on ultra and ultra2 (the pic is my ultra running beta watchOS)
I've started using it, it's a good complication, and the (new?) outlook "meeting day view" (calendar busy bar style) works well for the large complication. My only niggle is for some reason the "night mode" is a bit buggy, at least on OS 17 RC in that it keeps flashing red during the day, and full colour initially at night.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I've started using it, it's a good complication, and the (new?) outlook "meeting day view" (calendar busy bar style) works well for the large complication. My only niggle is for some reason the "night mode" is a bit buggy, at least on OS 17 RC in that it keeps flashing red during the day, and full colour initially at night.
yeah, and the complications seem to have a mind of their own sometimes , but I do really like it. good for heavy multitaskers.

Reactions: nyermen

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
For those of us who chose to trade in, will the trade in boxes show up first, causing those of us waiting for launch day delivery to get all excited ??
It’s possible. I’ve had them show up before the watch and after. I got super-excited the first time, until I realized I was all pumped for an empty cardboard box. 😂

A.R.E.A.M.

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2015
Los Angeles, California
picked up an ultra 2 billy ocean blue band from tmo due to their 200 dollar off promo. this was on friday. got track info saturday. watch slated for 22 delivery. watch is shipping from indiana USA.

meetsam23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
Anyone’s ultra 2 in preparing for shipping stage and got tracking information who have 9/22 delivery

xizdun

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
It’s possible. I’ve had them show up before the watch and after.

Apple’s wording does indicate they time it to arrive after your actual device. But in rare instances delays by the courier could cause the trade-in kit to arrive before the device?

IMG_7314.jpeg

ChicagoCubs

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
Anyone’s ultra 2 in preparing for shipping stage and got tracking information who have 9/22 delivery
I’ve been trying all the tricks and haven’t been able to get any tracking info. I was thinking today or tomorrow something should pop up.

Track by reference using phone #
Track by reference using order # (with and without last two digits removed).

Am I missing any other way?

jutte64

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Fort Recovery , OH
picked up an ultra 2 billy ocean blue band from tmo due to their 200 dollar off promo. this was on friday. got track info saturday. watch slated for 22 delivery. watch is shipping from indiana USA.
If they are in Indiana, that means being in Ohio, I probably won't get a shipping notification till Thursday. :(

clg82

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2010
Southern California
My AWU2 updated to "preparing to ship" this morning, but using any of the known ways to find a tracking number but I'm sure in the next couple of days we'll get some more updates.

Reactions: alexcue
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.