Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

trnjackie23

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
Annapolis, MD
Do you all think they're going to use Fedex or UPS for the watches?

Tracking by reference # on UPS for the phone worked but nothing is coming up for the watch, unless it's really not shipped yet until later this week as it's "express" delivery and not "standard" delivery like the phones.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
So I have not yet seen any shipment information for AW9/U2 here yet (correct me if I’m wrong) - so I think it’s a pretty clear indication that watches this year are being shipped state side in the US.
I would therefor not expect to see ship notices (for the contiguous US states) until Tuesday…

Maybe at some point Apple will reveal but I’m guessing that they setup some backend assembly line in the US for OS load and final packaging…

Reactions: trnjackie23

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota

Tracking by reference # on UPS for the phone worked but nothing is coming up for the watch, unless it's really not shipped yet until later this week as it's "express" delivery and not "standard" delivery like the phones.
The big question is where the watches are coming from this year. The answer could be different for different models, too - e.g. Ultra 2 and stainless might come from China, while aluminums come from somewhere in the states. Until we get some tracking data to look at, all we can do is speculate 😀

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal

Fedex has an app that works just as well, watches seem to be coming from within the US (for US customers at least), and Apple uses both ups and fedex domestically

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
The big question is where the watches are coming from this year. The answer could be different for different models, too - e.g. Ultra 2 and stainless might come from China, while aluminums come from somewhere in the states. Until we get some tracking data to look at, all we can do is speculate 😀
Yes, speculating we are, but, if any watches were coming from China directly they’d have to be on a plane by now, it is early Monday morning over there and nothing gets shipped til their evening, too late to make it to customers by Friday…

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
Yes, speculating we are, but, if any watches were coming from China directly they’d have to be on a plane by now, it is early Monday morning over there and nothing gets shipped til their evening, too late to make it to customers by Friday…
Good point! I expect they're coming from somewhere stateside, too. So far, no one has posted any tracking info.

Reactions: jz0309

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Not quite too late… just from previous iPhone launches… even Tuesday will make it on Friday.

Ringst

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2022
So I have not yet seen any shipment information for AW9/U2 here yet (correct me if I’m wrong) - so I think it’s a pretty clear indication that watches this year are being shipped state side in the US.
I would therefor not expect to see ship notices (for the contiguous US states) until Tuesday…

Maybe at some point Apple will reveal but I’m guessing that they setup some backend assembly line in the US for OS load and final packaging…
I ordered through Verizon and have tracking info from UPS already. Shows as “shipped” with delivery date of 9/22.

Ringst

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2022

Attachments

• IMG_4509.png
    IMG_4509.png
    230.5 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: xgman and jz0309

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Can't see from this where the shipment originated. Interesting -- maybe some Ultra 2s are coming from China? Nice choice!
It says “label created”, I’ve seen this status on shipments before and in some cases took another day or 2 before actual shipment (non Apple purchases).
But since they said they ordered from VZ, aren’t carrier orders whether iPhone or Watch always coming from within US?

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
It says “label created”, I’ve seen this status on shipments before and in some cases took another day or 2 before actual shipment (non Apple purchases).
But since they said they ordered from VZ, aren’t carrier orders whether iPhone or Watch always coming from within US?
Good question re: origin of carrier orders. I've never ordered that way, so don't know.

man02195

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010
Don’t need the same time, they’ll have everything ready when you get there. The times are so everyone doesn’t show up at once.
Thx, i realized that, and have a 900am pickup time for the iPhone 15 Pro Max, so i'll have all 3 by 915am. My apple card was just charged for the 9 and ultra2, and i think the 15 also, so it should be all set

Reactions: dustyblueheron

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
which is also available now in ios 17 on the Ultra 1. ;) It's a l;ittle finicy but very nice and highly customizable.

Last edited:

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
So, not to read too much into this, but I entered my watch order # in UPS My Choice, and the message was "tracking information not YET available. Please check again later." (Emphasis supplied). I also entered it in FedEx, and the message was "Tracking request unsuccessful. Please try again." From this, I deduce that UPS may eventually be the shipper for the watch - but it could be that I'm just seeking meaning from random messages.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
So, not to read too much into this, but I entered my watch order # in UPS My Choice, and the message was "tracking information not YET available. Please check again later." (Emphasis supplied). I also entered it in FedEx, and the message was "Tracking request unsuccessful. Please try again." From this, I deduce that UPS may eventually be the shipper for the watch - but it could be that I'm just seeking meaning from random messages.
you entered the order # as the tracking #? I tried that and got the same response as you, then I entered G1234567890 and got the same response ...

Reactions: Lola Colonna
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.