Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
That’s where I’m at too. But I have a suspicion the watches or at least some of them are here in the states already. One year I ordered two and one came from UPS. The other was delivered from the local shipping they use. The UPS I could track all the way in.
Last year at least the Ultra came from China, we were tracking flights here ;)
Not sure about the S8

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
IMG_0268.jpeg

Finally!!

xizdun

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
I’ve always had trade-in kits arrive after the devices. I’d like to think Apple intentionally times the trade-in kit to arrive after.

Reactions: dustyblueheron

BeansOnToast31

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2021
I don’t see why any old usb cable from Amazon wouldn’t work with CarPlay, I’ve been using an Amazon one since I got the iPhone 13PM (now have 14PM) and it’s always been fine.

Edit: Wong Thread.

Quarric

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2020
Ordered series 9, 41mm midnight, actually did my pre-order through Amazon as I find they’re better at providing delivery time window estimates on delivery day than UPS, they’ve given me Sep 23rd delivery. I got the midnight sport loop with it, not bothered as I’ve a couple of bands for my s6 that I’ll be using with it anyway.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
. But I got a FineWoven iPhone case and, quite frankly, it's not anything I'm going to keep. It looks and feels cheap and scratches easily. It's no way near a substitute for leather.
I have a FW case as well and thought just the opposite of what you say here. If you must have leather there are many 3rd party options.

bmblbee__

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2020
So, I was a little late to the preorder party. Idk how I didn’t realize preorders opened right after the keynote… but, I ultimately took the plunge on Friday, around 4:30PM. I ordered the AWU2/Orange Ocean band, which was still showing 9/22 delivery; as of right now, it’s still “Processing.”

Also, I noticed that shipping dates have slipped into Oct., for my configuration… seeing as how there hasn’t been much progress, should I be concerned about not getting it on release day? This is my first successful preorder, and I was hoping to get my watch on the same day as my phone (it’s already on the move).

Attachments

• IMG_0350.jpeg
    IMG_0350.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 49

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
So, I was a little late to the preorder party. Idk how I didn’t realize preorders opened right after the keynote… but, I ultimately took the plunge on Friday, around 4:30PM. I ordered the AWU2/Orange Ocean band, which was still showing 9/22 delivery; as of right now, it’s still “Processing.”

Also, I noticed that shipping dates have slipped into Oct., for my configuration… seeing as how there hasn’t been much progress, should I be concerned about not getting it on release day? This is my first successful preorder, and I was hoping to get my watch on the same day as my phone (it’s already on the move).
Good to hear launch day delivery for your Ultra2 even ordering 3 days after pre-ordering opened.

Most likely since there hasn't been any tracking info, unlike the iPhones from China, it's safe to say that your watch is already in country at a local Apple warehouse.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR

You do not need to worry. You will get your watch this Friday :)

bmblbee__

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2020
You do not need to worry. You will get your watch this Friday :)
Good to hear launch day delivery for your Ultra2 even ordering 3 days after pre-ordering opened.

Most likely since there hasn't been any tracking info, unlike the iPhones from China, it's safe to say that your watch is already in country at a local Apple warehouse.
Thanks, guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.