Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

rebretz000

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2018
Living in PA, sure my Apple watch will be coming from Carlisle (about 45 miles away), so I'm not worried about shipping movement.

I live in Western Pennsylvania and it seems all my orders originate from the same warehouse near Pittsburgh.

southnorth

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2018
Ordered Apple Watch Ultra 2 as a replacement for AW Series 7. I wouldn’t normally upgrade after such a short period but the battery on the S7 isn’t up to workouts, mainly running.

I do Parkrun, and today the battery dropped to zero just after I finished and thankfully my run was saved. Admittedly the S7 has cellular which contributes to excessive power use but today just felt awful.

Really looking forward to it, scheduled to be with me this Friday. Will be sitting at the window all day waiting!

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
Ordered Apple Watch Ultra 2 as a replacement for AW Series 7. I wouldn’t normally upgrade after such a short period but the battery on the S7 isn’t up to workouts, mainly running.

I do Parkrun, and today the battery dropped to zero just after I finished and thankfully my run was saved. Admittedly the S7 has cellular which contributes to excessive power use but today just felt awful.

Really looking forward to it, scheduled to be with me this Friday. Will be sitting at the window all day waiting!
You will find the ultra is fine for running, even when I go out for marathon length its fine doing lots of stuff.

Even better without cellular (I did charge it when taking rests, but had no issues doing Endure24 this year - a 24 hour running race...)

• Wow
Reactions: Blueline29

sonic1000

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2022
I went from 4 to 7, that was a big jump.

Honestly, if the new gesture and Siri works consistently/reliably this jump will feel just as big.

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
Thinking of buying my first Apple Watch. Just debating on aluminum (midnight) or stainless (graphite)
I've had many flavors of Apple Watches: silver and space gray aluminum, silver stainless, and granite stainless, as well as the Ultra 1. The stainless watches have a luxurious feel and look really nice for dress purposes -- but for twice the price, they function just the same as the aluminum ones. The stainless case scratches a little more readily than the aluminum cases. For the same $$, you might look at the Ultra as an alternative to the stainless. Unfortunately, they didn't come out with a dark titanium Ultra this year (I might have gotten a new one if they had!), and you are going for the darker color cases. Another tip: I have a very small wrist and have gone with 38/41 mm watches until I got my Ultra. I'll never go back to the small watches, and am getting an S9 in midnight alum 45 mm. The larger screen is so worth it, and works fine even for those of us with really small wrists. If you go with aluminum, the choice between cellular or not is also on the table. I always have 2 watches and have had 2 cellular accounts in the past. I'm now going to only one cellular watch (the Ultra) and no cell on the midnight aluminum. I find that I nearly always have my phone with me anyway, so the cellular feature on the watch is minimally useful - but that's a personal thing and will differ. Good luck with your choice!

Last edited:
Reactions: geekiemac and Taki

LoveThisThing

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2021
I've had many flavors of Apple Watches: silver and space gray aluminum, silver stainless, and granite stainless, as well as the Ultra 1. The stainless watches have a luxurious feel and look really nice for dress purposes -- but for twice the price, they function just the same as the aluminum ones. The stainless case scratches a little more readily than the aluminum cases. For the same $$, you might look at the Ultra as an alternative to the stainless. Unfortunately, they didn't come out with a dark titanium Ultra this year (I might have gotten a new one if they had!), and you are going for the darker color cases. Another tip: I have a very small wrist and have gone with 38/41 mm watches until I got my Ultra. I'll never go back to the small watches, and am getting an S9 in midnight alum 45 mm. The larger screen is so worth it, and works fine even for those of us with really small wrists. Good luck with your choice!
Thank you for the info. Only real reason I was considering the Ultra 2 is because it comes in graphite and I like the Malanese band in graphite. I think Ill order the s9 in midnight and see how it matches with the graphite band.

Reactions: dustyblueheron

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Reactions: LoveThisThing

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 11.45.57 AM.png

I'm happy with my choice of silver aluminum. It will be replacing a green S7. I did like the green... but it's hard to match with bands that have any hardware on them. (I usually wear braided solo loops, so not really an issue.)

What I am rethinking is my choice of a FineWoven Modern Buckle. I have one of the leather ones, and it's really nice. But I got a FineWoven iPhone case and, quite frankly, it's not anything I'm going to keep. It looks and feels cheap and scratches easily. It's no way near a substitute for leather.

I don't want to reorder at this late date. Can I exchange just the band after I get the watch? Or will I have to exchange the whole watch?

After seeing the FineWoven case... I wonder if that's why the Magnetic Link is still not available?

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Ordered the Ultra 2 on launch day. Still processing but does state Sept. 22 delivery.

I ordered the watch with the blue/black trail loop and also ordered an olive Alpine loop. While I might get the orange ocean band at some point, I did want the midnight ocean band, but discovered that it's been discontinued.

I was, however, able to find the midnight ocean band at Best Buy Online, so ordered one from there (which was actually delivered today). So at the moment, my old Series 7 Hermes is dressed up with the midnight ocean band until my Ultra 2 is delivered. I mean, I had to try it out... couldn't just leave it in the box for another week, right...?

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I don't want to reorder at this late date. Can I exchange just the band after I get the watch? Or will I have to exchange the whole watch?
I have changed the band at point of sale in an Apple Store, in person. If you ordered for home delivery I'm pretty certain you'll have to exchange the whole watch ...

Reactions: JBinPDX

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Ordered the Ultra 2 on launch day. Still processing but does state Sept. 22 delivery.

I ordered the watch with the blue/black trail loop and also ordered an olive Alpine loop. While I might get the orange ocean band at some point, I did want the midnight ocean band, but discovered that it's been discontinued.

I was, however, able to find the midnight ocean band at Best Buy Online, so ordered one from there (which was actually delivered today). So at the moment, my old Series 7 Hermes is dressed up with the midnight ocean band until my Ultra 2 is delivered. I mean, I had to try it out... couldn't just leave it in the box for another week, right...?
hmm, the midnight ocean band still shows on Apple's website, it's actually the yellow one that got discontinued ... nvm, I just checked and there is a "Blue", had previously only looked at the photos and didn't notice this. I'll have to see that in person, maybe when wearing my midnight band to compare

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
Charge for the Apple Watch just hit my Apple Card. Finally my order is making some progress! Woo-hoo!

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
My Apple Card just received pending charges for the watch, extra strap, and Apple Care. Still "processing" in status, but it's nice to have some action. It's a mystery to me how Apple decides when to charge the Apple Card when purchases are made that way -- some seem to have charges show up right away, while others of us are delayed a little. Doesn't really matter, just a curiosity.

Reactions: 4sallypat

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
well, with my Apple Card I got charged ("pending) within 1 minute of ordering Tuesday, and it has also been showing "Apple Card monthly installments details since Tuesday (I chose that as it is the only option to get instant trade-in credit).
still showing "pending", and, the charge is actually for the sales tax.
and that status will only change once the order ships, that has always been like that with Apple

Reactions: HDJulie

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
well, with my Apple Card I got charged ("pending) within 1 minute of ordering Tuesday, and it has also been showing "Apple Card monthly installments details since Tuesday (I chose that as it is the only option to get instant trade-in credit).
still showing "pending", and, the charge is actually for the sales tax.
and that status will only change once the order ships, that has always been like that with Apple

That’s where I’m at too. But I have a suspicion the watches or at least some of them are here in the states already. One year I ordered two and one came from UPS. The other was delivered from the local shipping they use. The UPS I could track all the way in.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
For those of us who chose to trade in, will the trade in boxes show up first, causing those of us waiting for launch day delivery to get all excited ??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.