Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Does anyone know when these day one purchases typically get shipped? I bought a couple days ago thinking itd arrive early (said express delivery friday, I live in LA), but its 3pm and its still preparing to ship…

Will it delay to tomorrow, or how late do they arrive? I have plans and have to leave my place in a few hours.
Don't be surprised if it does not ship by air from China like a lot of folks think.

Most likely the watches are already in country at Apple warehouses - staging for delivery on 9/22.

Last year I stressed over the iPhone 14 when it never updated until the day before.

Then it showed up from an Apple warehouse in Fontana, CA to my home the next day via FedEx Ground...🤣

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Don't be surprised if it does not ship by air from China like a lot of folks think.

Most likely the watches are already in country at Apple warehouses - staging for delivery on 9/22.

Last year I stressed over the iPhone 14 when it never updated until the day before.

Then it showed up from an Apple warehouse in Fontana, CA to my home the next day via FedEx Ground...🤣
I was one of those speculating cargo ship travel, but, since that journey takes about 4 weeks in average it would mean that the initial batch of AWs left their point if assembly about a month or so ago. And while that is certainly possible, especially since AW is carbon neutral, I would think we would have seen more leaks at that point…

So as of now it is a bit of a mystery and we’ll have to see if we get any shipping updates over the weekend.

But regardless, I am confident that sometime next week Friday early/mid afternoon I’ll get an orange ocean band in a package together with the Ultra2

Reactions: dustyblueheron

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2019
What is everyone’s watch order status? Ordered mine on Tuesday and it still hasn’t budged.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I was one of those speculating cargo ship travel, but, since that journey takes about 4 weeks in average it would mean that the initial batch of AWs left their point if assembly about a month or so ago. And while that is certainly possible, especially since AW is carbon neutral, I would think we would have seen more leaks at that point…

So as of now it is a bit of a mystery and we’ll have to see if we get any shipping updates over the weekend.

But regardless, I am confident that sometime next week Friday early/mid afternoon I’ll get an orange ocean band in a package together with the Ultra2
Yes, correct cargo ship would take about 2-3 weeks plus customs and truck transport to an Apple store / warehouse.

Should be interesting when it says shipped, what the tracking number reveals:
  • Local Apple warehouse
  • China via air cargo

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
What is everyone’s watch order status? Ordered mine on Tuesday and it still hasn’t budged.
Still says the same from Wednesday: "Preparing to Ship".

IMG_B71D4386D5BC-1.jpeg

xizdun

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011

I was one of those speculating cargo ship travel, but, since that journey takes about 4 weeks in average it would mean that the initial batch of AWs left their point if assembly about a month or so ago.

Yes, correct cargo ship would take about 2-3 weeks plus customs and truck transport to an Apple store / warehouse.

Should be interesting when it says shipped, what the tracking number reveals:
  • Local Apple warehouse
  • China via air cargo

With speculation over whether the Watch and iPhone will ship by air or sea this year, what everyone is forgetting here is that these devices have to be loaded with the final Release Candidate (Golden Master) version of the OS (watchOS 10 and iOS 17) at the factory before they can be shipped.

Both, watchOS 10 Release Candidate and iOS 17 Release Candidate were only released on September 12, 2023, so the Apple Watch Series 9 + Ultra 2 and iPhone 15 could not have shipped before then.

Last edited:

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2019
My watch and my phone are still in processing. Am I gonna get one of those emails that say they can’t process the order?

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2019
I’m in the states and neither the ultra 2 or the 15 pro max have moved. Worried.

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2019
I wouldn’t worry too much. If your delivery date is the 22nd then that’s the day you will get it.
I just don’t understand why some people show preparing to ship.

I would think they would batch all together.

Kinda worried I won’t get it even on the 22nd

rebretz000

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2018
I just don’t understand why some people show preparing to ship.

I would think they would batch all together.

Kinda worried I won’t get it even on the 22nd

I just think it means the label has been printed or is in que to print.

Ringst

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2022
I ordered the Ultra 2 via Verizon yesterday and it now shows “shipped” with a UPS tracking number. No movement within UPS though and date still lists as 9/22.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.