Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
No charges on Apple Pay for me here, either for watch ordered Tuesday or phone today. Wonder if, with all the declines on direct CC's, apple chooses to sort them out first and then try the Apple Pay ones. Threads have people on hold to apple (or being kicked off calls) trying to sort.

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
(But I'm uk where actual charge tends to happen Wednesday next week before they ship Thursday from a regional shipper). But this is first year where no pre-auth has been done.

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
I've got a pending charge on both Watch and iPhone. The watch was the same day i placed the order.
Was that Apple Pay or Apple Card, or other CC? Just curious, I'm seeing Apple Pay users saying no charge yet (or £1 check etc etc)

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Was that Apple Pay or Apple Card, or other CC? Just curious, I'm seeing Apple Pay users saying no charge yet (or £1 check etc etc)
I have a pending charge on my Apple Card and used Apple Pay, that is totally normal as Apple only “charges” you when the item ships.

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
I’m in the UK, phone is preparing to ship, watch still at processing. Used Apple Pay for the watch and credit card for the phone.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I already have a charge for my iPhone which is the weird thing. I'm sure they are just being processed differently.
In the past, they’ve done a temporary charge that will then fall off until the phone ships. People freak out every year thinking that their order has been canceled when the charge disappears, but it’s just how Apple processes the orders. Struck me as weird on my first preorder as well. :)

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
What bands did Ultra buyers get? Stuck on deciding which to order. Seems the orange beige is most popular for some reason.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Hoping to see a charge on my apple card or movement to preparing to ship today.
Apple Card got charged the same day I placed the order (Tuesday).

IMG_E3CC4249D577-1.jpeg

Reactions: _Spinn_

Taki

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2007
I debated for a few days because there were not many upgraded features from the S7, but ended up ordering a Starlight Aluminum S9 41mm with Nike Starlight/Pink loop. The AppleCare+ coverage expires soon on my S7, and sometimes I have to charge twice daily though the battery health is at 84%. Luckily, I had a $200 gift card and will be trading in my S7 for $155 to cover most of the cost. Shipping has slipped to September 28th, so I'm picking it up on the 22nd.

Reactions: Blueline29

jutte64

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Fort Recovery , OH
Why didn't they take orders for the band and just have a later ship date? I'm thinking the bands are defective or delayed or something they aren't saying. I wish they would say so we know how to order in the meantime. ugh..

ultra order no problem tues blue rubber band.
They are stuck on a boat! 🤣😂😆

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
2 possible scenarios:
1. it's now Saturday morning in China and watches are getting prepped for shipment and we'll see updates in the next 12 hours or so.
2. watches were already shipped a few weeks ago via boat cargo and shipped early/mid next week. This could be possible for the US, not sure about like Europe or ROW.

either way, we'll find out once the first shipments are happening ...

Reactions: Blueline29

SoftyEng

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
Does anyone know when these day one purchases typically get shipped? I bought a couple days ago thinking itd arrive early (said express delivery friday, I live in LA), but its 3pm and its still preparing to ship…

Will it delay to tomorrow, or how late do they arrive? I have plans and have to leave my place in a few hours.

BlueHorizonUK

Contributor
Oct 29, 2003
Does anyone know when these day one purchases typically get shipped? I bought a couple days ago thinking itd arrive early (said express delivery friday, I live in LA), but its 3pm and its still preparing to ship…

Will it delay to tomorrow, or how late do they arrive? I have plans and have to leave my place in a few hours.
If you are talking about S9 or U2 then it is not released until 22nd September

ChicagoCubs

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015

It won’t deliver before the official release date. No matter what any status status.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.