Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
I just don’t understand why some people show preparing to ship.

I would think they would batch all together.

Kinda worried I won’t get it even on the 22nd
I just switched to preparing and they charged the card, that's UK where it's already in a warehouse with a shipping partner who won't dispatch it until Thursday night next week.

I would guess they're getting the watches sorted now so they can focus on phones next week.

• Haha
Reactions: xizdun

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
To add: Definitely think that's the case of getting them sorted early to focus on phones. AWU2 now showing delivers 4th-11th October, it was still saying 22nd before the iPhone launch yesterday.
Interestingly still available for collection next Friday at apple stores so unlikely sudden demand.

TalkingHead#

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2020
My U2 order was charged tonight. "Preparing Shipping" atm. ETA Sept 22. All my last orders were routed from China via Czech Repupblic to Frankfurt/Mannheim Germany and DHL Express Facility.

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
USA
Still processing this morning here too with no charge on my card still. I’m sure it will happen some time this weekend. It’s my first year getting a launch day watch so I’m pretty excited. Haven’t gotten a new one since the series 6 so it’s been a while in general.

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Ordered a Series 9 in Midnight 45mm. First time getting a cellular Watch too.

Now to get the battery health on my S6 down one more percent so it qualifies for a battery service and then I can hand it down to a family member. Any tips would be appreciated 😂

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
To add: Definitely think that's the case of getting them sorted early to focus on phones. AWU2 now showing delivers 4th-11th October, it was still saying 22nd before the iPhone launch yesterday.
Interestingly still available for collection next Friday at apple stores so unlikely sudden demand.
so your AW delivery date shifted 2 weeks ?

that's not promising...

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
so your AW delivery date shifted 2 weeks ?

that's not promising...
No sorry mine still 22nd, I mean that if I go to buy one now, the store says 4th - 11th October for delivery. Yesterday before the store closed, it was saying 22nd. Suggests that its less about stock, and more about ability to push it with staff focused on the iPhone.

Reactions: 4sallypat

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
AWU2 with ocean band still arrives Sep 22 ... it's the band you chose

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
With speculation over whether the Watch and iPhone will ship by air or sea this year, what everyone is forgetting here is that these devices have to be loaded with the final Release Candidate (Golden Master) version of the OS (watchOS 10 and iOS 17) at the factory before they can be shipped.

Both, watchOS 10 Release Candidate and iOS 17 Release Candidate were only released on September 12, 2023, so the Apple Watch Series 9 + Ultra 2 and iPhone 15 could not have shipped before then.
AW wouldn't be the first product that requires an OS upgrade upon launch ...

• Haha

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
With iPhone 15s showing tracking from China via air freight, it would make sense that AW may show movement (tracking) this weekend...

Unless the AW are already in country and not going by air.

Reactions: jz0309

iPhonNick

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2019
Netherlands
Just ordered the Series 9 Midnight 45mm GPS with the midnight woven sport loop.
I don't need cellular since I always have my phone with me and I don't intent to make calls or send text messages while working out outside (running).
It's processing right now, pick-up on 9/22.
IMG_5859.PNG

Coming from a Series 4.

Reactions: dustyblueheron

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
With iPhone 15s showing tracking from China via air freight, it would make sense that AW may show movement (tracking) this weekend...

Unless the AW are already in country and not going by air.
May depend on country, this thread is all of us of course (I have to remember that vs my time in the UK iPhone thread :)). In UK they normally go via syncreon for launch day. Will become clear if they don't dispatch until Thursday, otherwise they need to ship asap.

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
Surprised there has been no shipment movement yet. Over on the iPhone threads stuff is already tracking with UPS. Wonder if this indicates shipping from the US vs China.... 🤔

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
Surprised there has been no shipment movement yet. Over on the iPhone threads stuff is already tracking with UPS. Wonder if this indicates shipping from the US vs China.... 🤔
These things are carbon neutral. They’ve probably been shipped over weeks in advance and are sitting in a warehouse.

• Haha
Reactions: clg82 and 4sallypat

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2019
I’ve been doing this for years and my phone always prepares for shipment within hours. Never have I waited this long. In USA

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I am not surprised.

AW may already be in country.

Last year my iPhone 14+ was already in country and showed tracking the day before.

Shipment originated from Fontana, CA so 1 day to my home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.