Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ Haven’t looked through all the posts yet. Please convince me I made the right decision to turn in my AWU1 & not cancel my Ultra2 order. Did you order the AWU2??
I'm so sorry for the delayed response.

Congratulations! You made the right decision. I'm getting the Apple Watch Ultra 2 as well. The 3000 brightness nits sold me for it. The screen is going to be gorgeous. Also, we're finally getting a new chip. It's about time.

This is what I ordered...

1694543566703-png.2259499

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
Wondering if the watches will come from factory or if they're already with the partners (UK they tend to ship advance to syncreon and then be dispatched locally from there). Will become clear soon as they'd need to ship in the next few days if coming all the way.
No CC charge yet here (Launch day delivery, UK, was still processing before store went down this morning).

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Wondering if the watches will come from factory or if they're already with the partners (UK they tend to ship advance to syncreon and then be dispatched locally from there). Will become clear soon as they'd need to ship in the next few days if coming all the way.
No CC charge yet here (Launch day delivery, UK, was still processing before store went down this morning).
Just like the phones, the watch are already in the country in a warehouse in Leicestershire and have been for a few days. They won’t change to dispatched until Thursday.

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
Must say I am undecided on which Ultra 2 band. Those Alpine loops look nice but i'm worried about that G-Hook scratching up my MacBook to kingdom come. Might have to settle for a trail loop.

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
I had the alpine previously, the problem for me was that the titanium hook tended to snag me at night.

TBH I think my trail loop will go straight to the trade shop, happy enough with the existing velcro thing I have.

Reactions: darthbane2k

Norre8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2018
I did the same thing, UPS/FedEx don't deliver until very late in the day. Have 10:45am appts for my S9 and Ultra2, hope to get a similar time for the 15ProMax... one stop shopping
Don’t need the same time, they’ll have everything ready when you get there. The times are so everyone doesn’t show up at once.

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
Don’t need the same time, they’ll have everything ready when you get there. The times are so everyone doesn’t show up at once.
Interesting, I didn't know that. Shame it can't offer the same slot for multiple pickups (which would give a "wildcard pickup" to anyone ordering the watch for pickup :))

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Must say I am undecided on which Ultra 2 band. Those Alpine loops look nice but i'm worried about that G-Hook scratching up my MacBook to kingdom come. Might have to settle for a trail loop.
The Alpine has grown on me. But my favorites are the Trail Loop and Ocean Band.

You do have to be careful when taking off the Alpine that you don't 'slam' the hook into the side of the watch. I tend to get impatient and want to just yank the loop open, haha!!

Reactions: darthbane2k

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
yeah, can't order watch with magnetic band. Says not available yet. You gotta be kidding me Apple? wtf? Plus if bought later separately you have to pay an extra $50! This is nuts all the way around! :mad:

Reactions: 4sallypat

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
yeah, can't order watch with magnetic band. Says not available yet. You gotta be kidding me Apple? wtf? Plus if bought later separately you have to pay an extra $50! This is nuts all the way around! :mad:
And that is assuming that the band will be available in 14 days... would have bet the farm on that being true on Monday, but not so sure now...

• Wow

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Why didn't they take orders for the band and just have a later ship date? I'm thinking the bands are defective or delayed or something they aren't saying. I wish they would say so we know how to order in the meantime. ugh..

ultra order no problem tues blue rubber band.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Why didn't they take orders for the band and just have a later ship date? I'm thinking the bands are defective or delayed or something they aren't saying. I wish they would say so we know how to order in the meantime. ugh..

ultra order no problem tues blue rubber band.

Because they're counting on people just ordering the rubber band to get the watch, and then purchase the band later... so instead of a $50 bump, they will get a $100 sale later. #followthemoney

• Sad
Reactions: 4sallypat and xgman

CR90

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2022
The trade in price is tempting, but there’s just not enough between AWU1 and AWU2. New bands are a different story though, some awesome releases this year!

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
The trade in price is tempting, but there’s just not enough between AWU1 and AWU2. New bands are a different story though, some awesome releases this year!
I need some inspiration. What bands take your fancy? (for Ultra that is)

CR90

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2022
I need some inspiration. What bands take your fancy? (for Ultra that is)
I’ve just ordered the blue/black Nike sport loop as I’ve wanted something black and blue for a while. Would have bought the trail loop but tried one of those last year it it gave me a rash. Other than that all 3 alpine loops look amazing, not getting all three tho so I’ll go look at them in store to decide. Orange ocean band band is a must and the blue is also pretty cool.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
And that is assuming that the band will be available in 14 days... would have bet the farm on that being true on Monday, but not so sure now...
Wow, this magnetic band rollout is not looking good.

Not looking forward to going into an Apple store for a band exchange.

I'll probably just accept the base sport band on launch day and then order the magnetic band when it stocks again.

Apple has a scam going on for sure - gonna get me for another $99.

At least I have points in my X1 credit card to pay for the magnetic band.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I'm going to wait, but fully expect the watch deliveries by that time, could be well into November or December.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.