Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

ChicagoCubs

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
Just got email from UPS that says both series 9 (wife) and my U2 to be delivered tomorrow. Will be interesting if they get held till Friday but it does state time of delivery for tomorrow
Are you able to see the shipments in your UPS app? I’ve tried all the tricks and nothing has popped for me yet.

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Yup. Ups says Friday now but the email from ups definitely says tomorrow.
UPS would be in big trouble if they delivered tomorrow. They have an ironclad agreement with Apple, with huge penalties for delivering early. From time to time, people will get emails that their Apple product will seemingly get delivered early, but in reality, it won't until release day. I have seen Apple shipments sit at a local UPS hub for several days until release day.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Yes, Apple.I guess it could be my trade in boxes ha
well, your watches would be the first ones from posters here, so yea, might be your trade-ins ;(

Given that no-one has posted any shipments from China as of this time, I think it is clear now that watches at least for the US are already here and hence will be shipped from US locations ...

Steve J0bs

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
UPS would be in big trouble if they delivered tomorrow. They have an ironclad agreement with Apple, with huge penalties for delivering early. From time to time, people will get emails that their Apple product will seemingly get delivered early, but in reality, it won't until release day. I have seen Apple shipments sit at a local UPS hub for several days until release day.
For sure. It does happen though. I received a phone and watch before launch day few years ago. It’s definitely more unlikely now.

Steve J0bs

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
well, your watches would be the first ones from posters here, so yea, might be your trade-ins ;(

Given that no-one has posted any shipments from China as of this time, I think it is clear now that watches at least for the US are already here and hence will be shipped from US locations ...
What’s odd is that if it’s trade in box then why does my UPS say it’s coming from China ha

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
What’s odd is that if it’s trade in box then why does my UPS say it’s coming from China ha
can you post a screenshot of that please? sorry, but one post of yours says an email said delivery tomorrow, and now you're saying from China ...

brianld

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Seattle
Just got email from UPS that says both series 9 (wife) and my U2 to be delivered tomorrow. Will be interesting if they get held till Friday but it does state time of delivery for tomorrow
Can you look at delivery details, and see the weight of the shipment? This may help determine if it's the actual watch, or a trade-in box.

Reactions: Blueline29

A.R.E.A.M.

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2015
Los Angeles, California
i did not order from apple direct but did order from tmo on friday. had a great promo.
anyway ive got shipping info for the watch already. its in indiana. its 2 day express shipping (free option) and im in LA. i suspect ill get it thursday but will see.

as for shipping early - i got that same message from ups sunday morning that i would have it today but the ups app shows friday as it should.

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
UPS MyChoice just populated with my watch order. It is coming from Indiana.

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 12.12.35.png

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Please can we see screenshots. I have no info on my watch on ups my choice. I do have on the iPhone

Steve J0bs

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
can you post a screenshot of that please? sorry, but one post of yours says an email said delivery tomorrow, and now you're saying from China ...
i have two emails like this (two watches). Both weights are .4kgs.
1695053644916.png

When i log into UPS i see
1695053809939.png

we ordered two iphones and two watches. My guess it the trade in boxes (4) show up tomorrow (Tuesday) and actual devices show up Friday. I doubt i get devices tomorrow but i do have tracking stuff when i log in. Looks like one giant order, so not sure why i got two emails for tomorrow delivery. My guess is the phones come from china and the watches are stateside and nearby for delivery.

Reactions: jz0309

esc2476

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2020
My launch day ordered Apple Watch Ultra 2 is still in processing mode (though still lists a 9/22 delivery date).

southnorth

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2018

I can’t imagine that would be helpful for a lot of people who have arranged to be at home on Friday specifically for delivery. I’ve arranged to work from home and I’d be a bit miffed if there was a delivery attempt before Friday.

xizdun

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
UPS would be in big trouble if they delivered tomorrow. They have an ironclad agreement with Apple, with huge penalties for delivering early.
I'd like to think UPS facilities have a separate extra-secure area where they house Apple pre-order inventory that the average UPS employee cannot just walk into and access until the delivery date (September 22).

Steve J0bs

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
I can’t imagine that would be helpful for a lot of people who have arranged to be at home on Friday specifically for delivery. I’ve arranged to work from home and I’d be a bit miffed if there was a delivery attempt before Friday.
I think devices arrive friday and get held once nearby. If anything from that shipment shows up tomorrow its likely trade in boxes, but not sure why it has two packages at .4 kgs each

Reactions: southnorth

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
i have two emails like this (two watches). Both weights are .4kgs.
View attachment 2267259
When i log into UPS i see
View attachment 2267281

we ordered two iphones and two watches. My guess it the trade in boxes (4) show up tomorrow (Tuesday) and actual devices show up Friday. I doubt i get devices tomorrow but i do have tracking stuff when i log in. Looks like one giant order, so not sure why i got two emails for tomorrow delivery. My guess is the phones come from china and the watches are stateside and nearby for delivery.
Thanks, are you getting 2 or 4 packages in the China shipment? My guess at this point is that the phones are coming from there, not the watches

Steve J0bs

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
I looked at UPS order which includes two watches, two phones and 4 trade in boxes. i see 6 reference numbers on my order. Im guessing there will be two trade in boxes combined into one box.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I'd like to think UPS facilities have a separate extra-secure area where they house Apple pre-order inventory that the average UPS employee cannot just walk into and access until the delivery date (September 22).
Just for Apple? I don’t think so, they have insurance for that…

Steve J0bs

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
Thanks, are you getting 2 or 4 packages in the China shipment? My guess at this point is that the phones are coming from there, not the watches
technically 6 reference numbers on the UPS log in coming from China totaling .4 kgs. super confusing. Who knows. i bet everything arrives Friday and the email isn't accurate.

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
Anyone’s ultra 2 in preparing for shipping stage and got tracking information who have 9/22 delivery
For UK, no chance. AFAIK they only allocate the tracking codes on Thursday. In fact, if it's DHL, you'll get tracking info Thursday afternoon that will then say isn't valid initially, before it starts to work late evening. DPD slightly different I believe.
Apple are really strict on this stuff - so much so that for most DPD deliveries, you can have them changed etc etc (pay for early delivery and so on) but for apple, they're blocked from being able to do so.

When my device last year was "missed" by the delivery driver (they clearly ran out of time, and took a photo of a black surface and wrote "attempted delivery"), and I phoned to say "huh?", the operator said it was obvious what they'd done, apologised profusely and said he'd upgrade it for early delivery next day (the Saturday) then apologised and said he wasn't allowed to, special delivery rules on the package meant it can only be standard delivery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.