Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Agreed - only risk is if the final mile couriers have a blip (last year they ran into traffic near my house and claimed no one was home).
Spot on - I know one year UPS didn't deliver an iPhone on launch day because the driver decided to call it a day.

Status was "undeliverable - no recipient" when in reality the UPS driver never made it to the house.

• Angry
Reactions: Blueline29

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
Yeah, they took a photo of the footwell of the cab rather than the door. Called DPD to ask what happened, they agreed the photo was garbage and tried to rearrange for early delivery next day. That's when I discovered that Apple's contract with DPD prevents "early delivery" - even after launch day (it was going to be the Saturday of course by then). Agent was really apologetic and said it wouldn't let them and so it'd have to be on a standard delivery van that day. Think it arrived soon after lunch anyway.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Yeah, they took a photo of the footwell of the cab rather than the door. Called DPD to ask what happened, they agreed the photo was garbage and tried to rearrange for early delivery next day. That's when I discovered that Apple's contract with DPD prevents "early delivery" - even after launch day (it was going to be the Saturday of course by then). Agent was really apologetic and said it wouldn't let them and so it'd have to be on a standard delivery van that day. Think it arrived soon after lunch anyway.
You got delivery the next day which was great, but mine got rescheduled from Friday (launch day) for delivery on Monday since UPS didn't deliver on Saturday or Sunday...

I got so irritated, I ended up ordering the phone and having the local Apple store UBER delivered on launch evening for $9 more.

Returned the delivery the following week on their dime and left a vile note in the opened phone.

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
You got delivery the next day which was great, but mine got rescheduled from Friday (launch day) for delivery on Monday since UPS didn't deliver on Saturday or Sunday...

I got so irritated, I ended up ordering the phone and having the local Apple store UBER delivered on launch evening for $9 more.

Returned the delivery the following week on their dime and left a vile note in the opened phone.
Ouch sorry :(. That's a weekend of waiting after all the waiting hype I think would drive me mad :(

Reactions: 4sallypat

urbZZ

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2016
Mine is Scheduled for 2.- 5. Oct .... Still hope it will be rescheduled for early delivery 😚

Does this happen sometimes?

gary77

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2017
London England
Was hoping to order from Apple UK but looks like they don’t have pick up as a choice are they likely to have stock as pickup on Friday? Wanted to do trade in which is why I didnt pre order

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Mine is Scheduled for 2.- 5. Oct .... Still hope it will be rescheduled for early delivery 😚

Does this happen sometimes?
Yes, have seen some orders get pushed up in delivery dates.

Check out the iPhone 15 subforums - there are lots of people that are getting theirs earlier than first ordered.

Reactions: urbZZ

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
Here we go! Lebanon, TN it will be! The watch box must be 1.20 lbs. I'm also getting 2 boxes @ 0.5 lbs - must be the extra bands I ordered. Apple Store still says "preparing to ship."

IMG_0271.jpeg

Last edited:

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
Oh, I was thinking we might be neighbors, but I'd say that's quite a distance from me! It surprised me to see Lebanon, TN as the shipping location. I didn't know that Apple had a facility here. The things you learn while waiting for your watch. ;)
It is interesting where the warehouses are located and what territory they serve. We know that one person in New Orleans has a watch coming from Lebanon, TN too, so they're covering a wide swath of the middle US, it seems.

brianld

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Seattle
Will be interesting to see if others in this thread receive tracking during the day today as well. I'm on the West coast, so no idea where the watch will ship from.

jbjarko

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2015
MPLS
My watch just popped on My choice. Also in Lebanon, TN. Interesting it is via UPS and there are no flights from BNA to SDF. Wondering how she's going to roll.

Reactions: Taki

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
So, we could get into the nitty gritty details of UPS ops and try to find UPS flights. Presumably they'd be coming out of Nashville from the Lebanon, TN location? Hmmm. Have to hit Flight Tracker and see what it says.

And. . . . No flights show up for UPS from Nashville (BNA) to MSP in the next 3 days. Hmmm.

jbjarko

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2015
MPLS
So, we could get into the nitty gritty details of UPS ops and try to find UPS flights. Presumably they'd be coming out of Nashville from the Lebanon, TN location? Hmmm. Have to hit Flight Tracker and see what it says.

I checked it. No nearby flights to SDF via UPS. My guess is they’ll hop in truck up to Louisville?

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
I checked it. No nearby flights to SDF via UPS. My guess is they’ll hop in truck up to Louisville?
They could do that -- or ship via another airline from BNA. This will be interesting!

Edit: They must be going by truck to Louisville. Nothing else makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbjarko
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.