Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
Online it says pick up isn't available.
Does that mean they won't have any extra in the store if you walk in?

cclarke99

Contributor
Feb 8, 2014
Seattle, WA
Online it says pick up isn't available.
Does that mean they won't have any extra in the store if you walk in?
No, not necessarily. What I usually do when I want something on launch day for in-store pick-up is get on apple.com early, pick out what you want and see where it's available. If available, buy it for pick up that day.

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
All those that are reporting tracking info on their UPS my choice apps...have your charges come out of pending?

Uccle

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
41mm stainless shipping to CA. Showing up in ups app as having been stateside and now shipping from CLAYTON, IN to be delivered Friday. Apple Store shows "preparing to ship". Yay!

Uccle

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
If you are in the West Coast, I'm here in LA, last time I think it was coming out of Ontario. I suspect that's where they were staging it. But for all we know they are at the stores already for some of us. I ordered the U2.
My SS is coming from Indiana and going to california.

Reactions: dustyblueheron

Uccle

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
This isn’t Apples first rodeo. After playing this game for so many years if they say the 22nd it’ll be the 22nd. Two more days!!
Errr not always. Last year was kind of a cluster* for some iphones. Our plane got hung up in ....Alaska/late leaving Shanghai (can't remember) and didn't make launch date. UPS delivered Saturday or Monday depending on area. At least I got a lot of sympathy from the Macrumors forum folk. :)

cclarke99

Contributor
Feb 8, 2014
Seattle, WA
Looks like the label for my U2 was just created about 5 minutes ago.
Shipment ready for UPS and is being shipped with UPS Next Day Air Saver. Origin not showing yet
Well I was wrong. Looks like this shipment is my new AirPods Pro 2 based on the order number they used for a reference number. Oh well, Watch still says due on Friday.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I had to jump through Verizon’s ID verification hoops because I’m using their financing, but I got it approved today and was told I should have a tracking number tonight for the Apple Watch Ultra 2, the delivery estimate on the website when I ordered was 9/22 so I hope they’re able to honor that.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
If you are in the West Coast, I'm here in LA, last time I think it was coming out of Ontario. I suspect that's where they were staging it. But for all we know they are at the stores already for some of us. I ordered the U2.
That's correct, the Ontario Apple warehouse is where it usually ships from.

Last year, tracking was provided the day before and arrived on launch day via FedEx Ground.

Says "express delivery" but I think it means it gets delivered over night..

ebika

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Chicago
Why did you decide to cancel?
I have an Ultra. I knew when I ordered that very little was new in the Ultra 2. Still, the on-device Siri sounded nice, I figured I paying half price with trade-in was acceptable (and my trade-in value is only going to go down), and I can't deny the little dopamine hit of unboxing new stuff feels good. However, the reviews coming out today just reinforced how tiny the upgrade is, so I changed my mind and decided to continue enjoying my current watch.

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
I have an Ultra. I knew when I ordered that very little was new in the Ultra 2. Still, the on-device Siri sounded nice, I figured I paying half price with trade-in was acceptable (and my trade-in value is only going to go down), and I can't deny the little dopamine hit of unboxing new stuff feels good. However, the reviews coming out today just reinforced how tiny the upgrade is, so I changed my mind and decided to continue enjoying my current watch.
Makes sense. I also have an Ultra 1, and decided to stick with it for another year. I'm replacing my second watch, trading in an AW7 stainless 41 mm for an AW9 aluminum 45 mm in midnight. The big screen of the Ultra has spoiled me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.