Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

djlythium

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2014
Any ideas/info/pics if the Ultra 2 is a different shade of titanium than the U1? Wondering if it’ll match the raw titanium iP15PM.

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
Any ideas/info/pics if the Ultra 2 is a different shade of titanium than the U1? Wondering if it’ll match the raw titanium iP15PM.
I had the same thought :)

Order wise - My thinking while watching went - Nope, what, thats it, no chance, wow for once I wont be ordering…

”oh shut up and take my money!”

ps. I wonder how many people will wake today to realise the watches are already available for preorder. My basingstoke store still has 9’s for collection but delivery is no longer launch day. Ultras still available on launch, no surprise, its basically the pinch gesture and possibly a new watchface?

Reactions: djlythium

djlythium

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2014
I had the same thought :)

Order wise - My thinking while watching went - Nope, what, thats it, no chance, wow for once I wont be ordering…

”oh shut up and take my money!”

ps. I wonder how many people will wake today to realise the watches are already available for preorder. My basingstoke store still has 9’s for collection but delivery is no longer launch day. Ultras still available on launch, no surprise, its basically the pinch gesture and possibly a new watchface?
Ha! Sounds like it didn’t take much to win that war with yourself. 😅 I know the battle well. 😅

I also pre-ordered one, but if the color doesn’t match the Natural Titanium iP15PM, I might return it. …Might. One thing I do like is the faster chipset, but, yeah, it’s an S-year upgrade. The pinch gesture is just more front-and-center; it’s been in Accessibility for some time now, just most people don’t know about it.

Reactions: dsmill

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
Pre Ordered my AWU 2 with 9/22 delivery. I wasn't going to do it, but I bit the bullet and ordered one since they were offering $380 on a trade.

Reactions: alexcue

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
I ended up ordering the AWU2 since my son was going to give his AWU1 and buy the rumored black one. The plan was to pass my S7 titanium to my other son. So now my son still gets my S7 titanium.

Attachments

• IMG_3707.jpeg
    IMG_3707.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 64

DillingerX

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2011
finally upgrading my 4 with a everyday shrinking battery to the ultra 2. choose to pick up in store so delivery doesn't get delayed over the weekend and i have to wait longer lol.

sept 22 6pm pickup lets goooooooooooooooooooooooo

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Didn’t they announce yesterday that they will use more “ocean transport” vs air?
Wondering how this applies to launch day deliveries…

Fquen

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2020
I’ll be upgrading my Silver SS Series 2 to the Silver SS Series 9. Still trying to choose between the clay and the storm blue sport band 👀. Which one is the better looking with silver SS?

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
Didn’t they announce yesterday that they will use more “ocean transport” vs air?
Wondering how this applies to launch day deliveries…
Maybe there are staging the watches well before the announcement so they are ready to just ship from here in the US. iPhones tho... yeah there's no way 10 million of those are getting here by iPhone Tanker by next Friday.

Reactions: 4sallypat

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Maybe there are staging the watches well before the announcement so they are ready to just ship from here in the US. iPhones tho... yeah there's no way 10 million of those are getting here by iPhone Tanker by next Friday.
Yea, they might have been staging iPhones too. I guess we’ll find out when folks here actual show shipment detail

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Yes, I’m going from AW7 in Starlight to the pink AW9. Gotta get on that “dopamine decor” bandwagon and surround myself with colors that make me happy.

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
Hmm I noticed mine is due to ship on the 26th even though I ordered straight away
So many combinations you may have hit something low stock (normally its the bands). A check in UK on a 44mm silver SS with black solo band still shows 9’s delivering 22-26th but store pickup available, and ultras for 22nd?

blueyz628

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2015
I swore that I wasn’t going to order this year but the power of pink was just too strong! So… I get to play along this year. 😃

• Love

NickyValentine

Suspended
Aug 7, 2023
So I bought an ultra which isn’t exactly cheap, and now the Ultra 2 gets that nice new Watchface. So is my original Ultra now pretty much out of date?
The new watch faces will be on the Ultra 1 as well per what people on the beta are saying

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
So many combinations you may have hit something low stock (normally its the bands). A check in UK on a 44mm silver SS with black solo band still shows 9’s delivering 22-26th but store pickup available, and ultras for 22nd?
You were right - changed the colour of my band and now 22nd

dakotacheryl

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2011
I ordered my 41mm SS S9 in silver with the silver Milanese loop as soon as the store opened back up yesterday. I am replacing my SS S4 in the rosy gold color. That Saphire Crystal glass is amazing. After all of these years, not a single scratch !!

edited: I also ordered a Nike sport band in Desert Stone today.

Last edited:
Reactions: duffman9000
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.