Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GLS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
Count me in. Just ordred; Starlight Alpine Loop, scheduled for 9/23 delivery.

Of all the band options, that seemed to be the only one still available for launch day delivery. Truthfully, no matter what bands were available with the Ultra, I'll probably use one of my existing sport loops more than anything.

Luxceleritas

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2012
California
Ordered the black grey trail version and got a end of October ship date. Saw the messages about that one taking the longest. Canceled that and reordered the orange alpine. Got a end of September date now. That’s the band I wanted in the first place but I thought the trail would look less; I’m a survivalist.

Can hardly wait, I have a old Suunto titanium dive watch computer I probably bought 15 plus years ago. That cost way more then the ultra and doesn’t even come close on features.

The ultra is a total steal at $799. And a huge upgrade from my SS series 4.

reig3

macrumors member
May 30, 2017
I watched the presentation and liked the orange Alpine, ordered and should arrive 9/23.

DouginMN

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2013
Ordered the Ultra with the Starlight Apline loop, plus a White Ocean band. Both deliver Sept 23.

Asiatic Black Hebrew

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2022
Ultra w/Starlight Alpine for 9/23. The black Ocean was already back ordered. I honestly don’t care which band I get at launch though, because Best Buy & Target will more than likely have them all on release day regardless. I just don’t want to wait two months for the watch just because of the band.

Pretty excited about this watch. I’ve been wanting them to do something like this for awhile.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Ultra w/Starlight Alpine for 9/23. The black Ocean was already back ordered. I honestly don’t care which band I get at launch though, because Best Buy & Target will more than likely have them all on release day regardless. I just don’t want to wait two months for the watch just because of the band.

Pretty excited about this watch. I’ve been wanting them to do something like this for awhile.

I really wish Apple would de-couple the band with the watch. Sell them seperately.

Asiatic Black Hebrew

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2022
I really do think for most people the Apple Watch Ultra (silly name) is the wrong watch for you. The screen is imperceptibly larger than the 45mm Apple Watch (the 49mm includes the huuuuge bezel), it's 40% thicker, 20% heavier, and titanium scratches like crazy.

I mean, yes, if the dedicated scuba stuff is up your alley, go for it, but... naaaaa. This was a disappointing year for the regular Watch crowd.
I was wondering how long it would take for the “You guys shouldn’t be excited about this” crowd to pop up. You guys never disappoint!

cptcaveman

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2005
I really do think for most people the Apple Watch Ultra (silly name) is the wrong watch for you. The screen is imperceptibly larger than the 45mm Apple Watch (the 49mm includes the huuuuge bezel), it's 40% thicker, 20% heavier, and titanium scratches like crazy.

I mean, yes, if the dedicated scuba stuff is up your alley, go for it, but... naaaaa. This was a disappointing year for the regular Watch crowd.
You kidding me?

I love the bigger screen, the size and the huge bezel and the fact that it's only 20% heavier than the standard series watch. Not to mention the kickass battery life in the Ultra vs the Series. Battery life was my #1 item.

Plus the Series shape is now dated bro...

tekfranz

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2017
The same delays happened last year and I had to get used to the tractor green colored Watch band.

I think getting the right band is important so I am going with the 6-7 weeks for the Black/Grey trail loop.
I have yet to find a good aftermarket loop and $49 is too much to spend for a second band if it is not needed.

cptcaveman

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2005
The same delays happened last year and I had to get used to the tractor green colored Watch band.

I think getting the right band is important so I am going with the 6-7 weeks for the Black/Grey trail loop.
I have yet to find a good aftermarket loop and $49 is too much to spend for a second band if it is not needed.
The Alpine Green actually looks pretty awesome on YouTube. Subtle two tone. I may yet cancel my trail loop....

Reactions: Enigma01au and sarc

Asiatic Black Hebrew

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2022

Some of the 45mm bands will supposedly still work with the Ultra, so you may be able to find some discounted S7 bands to use with it.

Reactions: Enigma01au
Excited for this Ultra Apple Watch. I need a bigger Watch!

1662615197469.png

xxBlack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2020
still unsure what to get. Ordered a SS Graphite S8 in 45 mm with sport loop and the ultra. Both are 50 € apart. Just dont know if the Ultra is too big and thick. I had mechanical watches that have 14-15 mm thickness and they are thick af.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
Ordered Starlight Alpine Loop to replace my Series 5. Looks Like I should get it 9/23 even though I was a pretty late order.

iF34R

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2011
South Carolina
Dang, just realized..

Apple Watch Ultra GPS + Cellular, 49mm Titanium Case with Yellow/Beige Trail Loop - M/L​

ordered at 10:00pm, and it's showing Oct. 20/27! :(

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Hi,

what band size did you order, when you have size 8 for an apple loop band? I mean the alpine loop - cannot decide between medium or large.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I like getting the smallest band possible usually because you don’t have as much strap to wind around to secure. I’d imagine if you used the small size the hook would be well on the underside where you won’t see it bulge, but if you use the medium it would be more toward the side of your wrist?
Thanks for your reply. I’ve followed your advice and got the small!

Tevosn

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2020
Hope I am one of the first!

Delivers on 23rd with Green Alpine Loop!

Very excited here!
That is the design I would have went with, the loop looks excellent and it got some great features.

I ended up getting a S8 instead with a Nike green sport loop, I found the design to be overall better. I’m suspecting, or hoping for more sensors in the near future, and then I will probably go for an ultra if the price doesn’t go up.

Reactions: Jackbequickly

Fumblerooskie

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2021

Oh man, appreciate your insight. I just cancelled my order. Must have lost my mind…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.