Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Well when they're halfway up her arm, it really helps tell how large they look, eh? lol
These shots on the guy from Engadget might be a better comparison :)

346ECC2B-3A1A-4DF0-A2AA-A8B19327928A.png
F2A7C28A-33FF-4016-A0D2-3133789CECC7.png

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 6, 2022
Apple Watch Ultra with Green Alpine Loop - Delivery Sept 23rd, Toronto Canada.

Really didnt like the band options. Initially went for trail loop but delivery was Oct 21, so switched out to Alpine loop. Glad to hear 45mm bands will work though. Sport loop it is!

Excited for the longer battery life.

‘I am sure Apple will have more bands for the Ultra soon. I would like to have seen a black DLC coated Ultra but that is life.

Pink2

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2020
Oct 20 Apple Watch Ultra
Titanium Case with Blue/Gray Trail Loop
Long wait - gonna be counting the days. My wrist is small but I think it should be ok. We’ll see.

Reactions: macsplusmacs

Enigma01au

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Adelaide, South Australia
It’s the trail loop that causes the delay. Ordered again with the alpine loop and got 9/23.
I saw your post after I ordered the trail loop, I got a October 25 deliver date, so went back and cancelled the order and reordered the green alpine, got the 26th September date even after 8 hours since the preorders opened! Thanks For the heads up!!

Reactions: macsplusmacs

luigi408

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2008
Got mine with Starlight Alpine Loop. Upgrading from Series 4 Black stainless steel. My series 4 watch has lasted 4 years and still in great shape without any scratches. Can’t wait to finally upgrade and get all the new features for exercising and sleep tracking.

Toratek

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Green alpine loop arriving Sept 23, but would have ordered the orange if I didn't know exactly what that will look like two months down the road.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I really do think for most people the Apple Watch Ultra (silly name) is the wrong watch for you. The screen is imperceptibly larger than the 45mm Apple Watch (the 49mm includes the huuuuge bezel), it's 40% thicker, 20% heavier, and titanium scratches like crazy.

I mean, yes, if the dedicated scuba stuff is up your alley, go for it, but... naaaaa. This was a disappointing year for the regular Watch crowd.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I really do think for most people the Apple Watch Ultra (silly name) is the wrong watch for you. The screen is imperceptibly larger than the 45mm Apple Watch (the 49mm includes the huuuuge bezel), it's 40% thicker, 20% heavier, and titanium scratches like crazy.

I mean, yes, if the dedicated scuba stuff is up your alley, go for it, but... naaaaa. This was a disappointing year for the regular Watch crowd.
It will be an excellent watch for the ultra-marathoners as well.

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014

Why do y’all care, I remember when people called me crazy for buying the first iPhone plus. And look where we are now.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
Well I ordered an Ultra with the Alpine green band since that delivers on the 23rd.

I’ve been pretty vocal AGAINST the Ultra the last 3-4 days when I found out it would be 49mm. I have small wrists at 160mm for a man and I felt 45mm was as large as I wanted to go but for this “adventure” watch I planned to go to 47mm but 49mm seemed too far. So though I loved the Ultra I ordered a midnight aluminum S8 to replace my starlight aluminum S7. I realized after a few hours that was silly as the S8 literally has no real new features other than the car crash detection for me since they don’t use the temperature sensor for men (I suppose it would record my temp but I’d have to figure what to do with that in the Health app) and the low power mode is coming to Series 4 and up later this fall. There literally was nothing new.

So I’ll get the Ultra. If it is embarrassing on my wrist I guess I’ll return it but hopefully I like it and my wife doesn’t laugh… too much. To try and make sure of that I ordered her a stainless silver S8 to replace her aluminum S6 lol. I plan on keeping my S7 and using the Ultra 80-90% of the time and perhaps on rare occasion where it isn’t subtle enough I’ll put on the S7.

I’ll post pics one way or another on launch day.

macsplusmacs

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2014
Since this will replace my current one, I plan on starting to get into sleep tracking. Never wanted to before with just one watch and the whole recharge thing.

Reactions: thirteen1031

Kylo83

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2020
The screen on the ultra isn’t much bigger it’s mostly bigger bezels and casing I ordered it to see but gonna stick with my series 7, they should of have the series 8 at least the brighter screen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.