Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
I am unable to disable Home in iCloud sync. I don't use it, don't have this app even installed. When you switch it off and go menu and back it turns on.

iCloud describe shows that also News app is turned on but there is no setting for it - it's not available in Poland.

deano1972

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2016
United Kingdom
I noticed a glitch that may not help with battery life. If you go in settings and background app refresh and alter one of the settings for an app, then go back to the main menu, then you then return to background app refresh all the apps are back to default 'on' which would eat though battery life. Not sure if returning causes this or just changing a apps setting then going back to the main menu does. I have tried this on three devices an iPhone 6s a iPhone 7 and an iPad Air 2 and all show the same behaviour.

Your right I've been able to replicate that on my iPhone 7 just .. however if you change a setting then go back to the main menu then close the settings app down completely then open it again and go back to background app refresh everything is how you left it

killhippie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2016
UK
Your right I've been able to replicate that on my iPhone 7 just .. however if you change a setting then go back to the main menu then close the settings app down completely then open it again and go back to background app refresh everything is how you left it
That's an odd bug, not sure if its purely cosmetic of if it does change the state of background app refresh. Since many people probably don't close background processes down I wonder if it does have an effect. Good find that it remains the as you left it if you shut it down though :)

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2009
a1d5f2dc68b3452f5fa37ffee0ff08d5.png

iPhone 6s running iOS 10.1 developer beta .

On Airplane mode??

deano1972

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2016
United Kingdom
I tried it and it didn't change anything. Cant seem to replicate this bug

Go to background app refresh and change the setting on 1 of the apps

Now swipe to go back a couple of times to the main setting screen where you select general from etc. Now go straight back into background app refresh and have a look

Nisaja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
Go to background app refresh and change the setting on 1 of the apps

Now swipe to go back a couple of times to the main setting screen where you select general from etc. Now go straight back into background app refresh and have a look

Nope. Still the same. Settings unchanged.

killhippie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2016
UK
Nope. Still the same. Settings unchanged.
Mine was like that, then it just did it again, no idea how I triggered it again this time I did change a setting on an app I have not touched in days that's been off, it does occur though and turns them all back on but quite what triggers it is oddly unclear.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
When I look on your battery stats I see that you have weak cellular signal mostly. I hope you take it under consideration that weak (2-3) bars signal have terrible impact on battery status? Once you get on WiFi you should switch to 2G or 3G. It may help you get up to 30% more juice there.

When outdoors having 4/5 bars of 3G is better than 2 of LTE (4G).

However even on 2G and being connected to WiFi operating on clean 5GHz area it drains overnight as mentioned before. So it must be software issue related to WiFi.

Just my few cents here.

Nisaja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
I have around 3 to 4 bars and I keep it on 2G with wifi off overnight. I lose about 15% overnight and my usage goes up by an hour.

dobrewski_77

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2015
Plovdiv,Bulgaria
It must be a software problem. Every night I left my iPhone with fully charged battery with no Wi-Fi or LTE ON and in the morning I'have already lost 15% of battery. I don't know what is going on but this drains are HUGE problem not only for me,but for my friends also. Never saw this kind of battery on my phone. When I was on iOS 9 with normal usage my phone lasts a full day and a half,now at 8PM I have to plug my device into the charger...

FIX THAT APPLE,ASAP!!!!!!!

cschmelz

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
It must be a software problem. Every night I left my iPhone with fully charged battery with no Wi-Fi or LTE ON and in the morning I'have already lost 15% of battery. I don't know what is going on but this drains are HUGE problem not only for me,but for my friends also. Never saw this kind of battery on my phone. When I was on iOS 9 with normal usage my phone lasts a full day and a half,now at 8PM I have to plug my device into the charger...

There clearly is a software issue here. my 6S with all the betas worked great, and my person 7+ running 10.1b1 has great battery life

My wife ran the late betas on her 6S without issue, her 7 with 10.0.2 is a disaster, losing 15% per hour without use.....

Not sure if 10.1b1 would be better or not but clearly huge issue with HW/SW interactions.

Reactions: dobrewski_77

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland

Are your apps still trying to refresh, download mail etc - they won't know there is no WiFi until they spool up and have already taken juice from the battery to find out they can't connect...

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
My comment had nothing to do with the battery size in the iPhone 7. I believe these battery issues are purely software related.
I know that was my comment but i disagree with you regarding being this a software issue only, this problem gets even more worse because of the poor battery capacity.

Last edited:

Potus325

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
My phone just hit 50% so I plugged it in to charge and within less than a minute it has jumped to 54%. Something very wrong with this update. Apple need to address this. Too many are having too many reported issues, and not just here, but on other forums as well.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
If you just go on airplane mode in 10.0.2 and DND it drains overnight about 7% it should drain zero. Something is definitely wrong. But good news is that its most likely software

Nisaja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
My phone just hit 50% so I plugged it in to charge and within less than a minute it has jumped to 54%. Something very wrong with this update. Apple need to address this. Too many are having too many reported issues, and not just here, but on other forums as well.

Use it until it dies and charge it back up to 100% non stop. That could fix it.

BartiX

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2016
Poland
Hi I am using the iPhone 6 and nearly two years after the last update the battery lasts considerably less. It monitors the status of the battery using coconut Battery 3.4 on a Macbook and after the last update a look that showed
ip6.png

Today I will be unloaded to the end of the battery and fully loaded see if something will improve
Restore iTunes have no effect.

sorry for my English :)

Reactions: addamas and dianp

darushah.shah

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2016
I have reported the battery reading bug in the feedback app. Let's hope they confirm the same and come up with a fix soon.

Potus325

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
Last night when I put it on airplane mode it drained by 3% (usage went up by 8 minutes). Can't seem to figure what caused it to drain.

Reactions: dianp
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.