Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reeneebob

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2015
That sucks! I still prefer getting it monday that having to deal with a day1 replacement :( At least, it won't be a Refurb phone! :p

True story. They’re opening a ticket and I have to send it back, and as soon as they get it back they’ll rush me my new one.

It was so pretty though.

I don’t think it was shipping. I 100% think it was manufacturing.

what about going to the Apple Store if there is one close to you?

Sadly I’m an hour and a half from the closest one and there’s no way I can get there in the next two weeks.

Sharkus

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2005
I too have the "We currently have the package. The receiver requested clearance by a non-UPS broker. / As requested, the package was transferred to a Free Trade Zone or a non-UPS broker." message on the tracker, time of 14:25EDT.

I had to run an errand between 4 and 5 pm and thought that would be the perfect time for it to show up (sarcasm of course) but no, nothing! I'm not convinced it'll show up tonight, but one still holds out a little hope :D

Nimoy

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
I too have the "We currently have the package. The receiver requested clearance by a non-UPS broker. / As requested, the package was transferred to a Free Trade Zone or a non-UPS broker." message on the tracker, time of 14:25EDT.

I had to run an errand between 4 and 5 pm and thought that would be the perfect time for it to show up (sarcasm of course) but no, nothing! I'm not convinced it'll show up tonight, but one still holds out a little hope :D

What part of Toronto are you in? I'm in Liberty Village and got this ambitious message as well.

CanucksRock

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2010
In Edmonton, mine never updated on the UPS site after the departure from Calgary. Just delivered before 4 pm (UPS My Choice estimate was 4:45-8:00 pm)

obargy

macrumors regular
May 6, 2016
🇨🇦
Finally o_O o_O o_O

I was chilling on my balcony and I saw the UPS truck stopped by a pharmacy near my building... It turns out that they don't even try to contact you and just leave the package at an UPS Store :rolleyes: And there's absolutely no information about which UPS Store it is on their page :rolleyes::rolleyes: Luckily I know the staff at the pharmacy and her name is on the proof of delivery.

1569019467749.png

Sharkus

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2005
It seems, perhaps, that sometimes hope is rewarded. UPS just turned up with a package. Driver was grinning, and a very pleasant chap. He knew exactly what was in the box, said he had met some seriously excited people today, and had delivered at least 50 phones.

• Haha
Reactions: Nimoy and obargy

Nimoy

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
It seems, perhaps, that sometimes hope is rewarded. UPS just turned up with a package. Driver was grinning, and a very pleasant chap. He knew exactly what was in the box, said he had met some seriously excited people today, and had delivered at least 50 phones.
Nice! I hope my phone is on that truck!

runlsd

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2009
Picked it up around 11AM this morning in Vancouver. I pre-ordered. There wasn't a lineup for the walk-ins although the store itself was packed. Think I'll have to wait till tomorrow to set it up.

IMG_20190920_163643~3.jpg

Reactions: mikeeymike

pducharme

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
Sherbrooke, QC
They said that the new screen is much brighter??? 🤔

(Left: X, Right: 11 Pro Max)

View attachment 861240

what is the best process if I’m on 13.1DevB4 on my XS Max ?

I’m thinking about this :

1. unpack new 11 Pro Max setup as « new »
2. Installs dev profile on 11 Pro Max to get 13.1DevB4
3. Reset the 11 Pro Max to be able to setup again
4. Use the Wi-Fi Transfer to transfer everything from XS Max to 11 Pro Max
5. Remove Sim from XS Max and Install in the 11 pro
6. Factory reset the XS Max and resell
7. Profit

Just not sure about the sim, do I need to remove and put in 11 before transferring?

obargy

macrumors regular
May 6, 2016
🇨🇦
what is the best process if I’m on 13.1DevB4 on my XS Max ?

I’m thinking about this :

1. unpack new 11 Pro Max setup as « new »
2. Installs dev profile on 11 Pro Max to get 13.1DevB4
3. Reset the 11 Pro Max to be able to setup again
4. Use the Wi-Fi Transfer to transfer everything from XS Max to 11 Pro Max
5. Remove Sim from XS Max and Install in the 11 pro
6. Factory reset the XS Max and resell
7. Profit

Just not sure about the sim, do I need to remove and put in 11 before transferring?

I think your plan is perfect 😄 I just changed the sim after the transfer. It doesn’t really matter 😉

Selcher

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Happy to see folks received their new iPhones and are enjoying them... My UPS tracking still shows a delivery of October 1st to Labrador City... but hopefully with the departure scan from Lachine, QC yesterday afternoon, it'll somehow make it's way up to me this coming week... In the meantime, I'll vicariously live through you all so keep posting pictures and reviews... or else it will be just me and the crickets in this thread for the next 10 days... LOL

• Haha
Reactions: obargy

reeneebob

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2015
I guess I will too - it’s incredibly hard to be staring at the box and NOT be able to use the phone...

pducharme

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
Sherbrooke, QC
Mine traveled Last night and is now in Sherbrooke, so i think im pretty sure ill get it monday. Sadly the UPS CC is only opening at 4pm and closing at 6pm, mon-Fri. No need to go pick it up, ill probably receive it before they open at 4pm...

Selcher

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Mine traveled Last night and is now in Sherbrooke, so i think im pretty sure ill get it monday. Sadly the UPS CC is only opening at 4pm and closing at 6pm, mon-Fri. No need to go pick it up, ill probably receive it before they open at 4pm...

You got another scan on a Saturday?

Selcher

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Well... it's dark and early on a Monday morning... still no tracking updates... maybe later today...

*crickets*

niloc22

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2019
Well it's light and not so early in Dartmouth...no update since arrival scan at lunchtime on Friday....crickets here too!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.