Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
I ended up selling privately so won’t be returning the trade-in.

But that’s interesting you didn’t get the tax adjustment. Curious to see if anyone else will report the same. Maybe give it a few days to see if it adjusts, but if not then maybe it’s time to contact CRA LoL…
Same. Sold mine privately and cancelled the trade in.

I kid you not, within 1 HOUR, paybright emailed me saying they were debiting my bank account for the trade in value and the money was gone the next day lol. Wish they were that quick to return money.

Also decided to order the ultra today for no good reason lol. Pretty nice watch.

Attachments

• 13C473D7-78B5-46F7-A667-E7E78FD97F52.jpeg
    13C473D7-78B5-46F7-A667-E7E78FD97F52.jpeg
    332.1 KB · Views: 89

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Same. Sold mine privately and cancelled the trade in.

I kid you not, within 1 HOUR, paybright emailed me saying they were debiting my bank account for the trade in value and the money was gone the next day lol. Wish they were that quick to return money.

Also decided to order the ultra today for no good reason lol. Pretty nice watch.
In that case, I’ll wait until Apple cancels my pending trade-in themselves for non-return. LoL!

The Ultra looks great!! It's definitely tempting LoL, but I have a S8 Hermès Space Black on order for this year. Should go well with the Space Black iPhone.

Reactions: nasa25

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Last edited:

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
The only thing I wonder given the higher trade in values offered by Apple this year for the previous year’s iPhone is that maybe they included the tax in that value. Last year I got $700 for my iPhone 12 Pro Max plus the tax on top of that. This year my iPhone 13 Pro Max as given a trade in value of $905. Seems odd that Apple would increase their trade in value by that much. This is not using Pay Bright, just purchasing out right and trading in via Apple.

Edit…my trade in should arrive to Apple on Monday and will update when they credit my payment method to see if it ends up being $905 or $905 plus the tax.

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
The only thing I wonder given the higher trade in values offered by Apple this year for the previous year’s iPhone is that maybe they included the tax in that value. Last year I got $700 for my iPhone 12 Pro Max plus the tax on top of that. This year my iPhone 13 Pro Max as given a trade in value of $905. Seems odd that Apple would increase their trade in value by that much. This is not using Pay Bright, just purchasing out right and trading in via Apple.

Edit…my trade in should arrive to Apple on Monday and will update when they credit my payment method to see if it ends up being $905 or $905 plus the tax.
Trade-in values fluctuate and change often. Just because it’s higher than last year, doesn’t mean Apple can suddenly make up their own tax rules.

The correct tax treatment is based on the ‘on paper’ purchase and trade amount. Same way if you purchase a car and trade-in.

But please report back once they receive it!

Reactions: curdy

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
In that case, I’ll wait until Apple cancels my pending trade-in themselves for non-return. LoL!

The Ultra looks great!! It's definitely tempting LoL, but I have a S8 Hermès Space Black on order for this year. Should go well with the Space Black iPhone.
Whoa good call on the s8 Hermes. Gorgeous Watch!

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
Gorgeous combo. I have a space black SS 7 and it’s absolutely the best case colour imo. That blue band compliments the case very nicely!
I also have last year's Space Black Titanium 7 with the marigold band. Not sure if I can justify paying $569 that blue band but it does look classy. I did try the SS model but didn't like the weight and possible scratching. So far after a few bumps here and there, not a single scratch.

Reactions: nasa25

kingdarksinz

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2022
ok will just a heads up and all for everyone that is waiting on iphone 14 pro or pro max and everything if your with bell mobile and crap its going to take longer for u get your pre-order cuz i have already called them i done my pre-order the 9th and the shippings and all for the phones where the 16th and they dont count weekdays i have already waited a week i have gone to a bell store and they said to me that the bigger size iphone would take in between 4 to 5 weeks before getting a message from them what is bs

Murtz316

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2019
ÜT: 43.645748,-79.381239
Just wanted to add my story. I ordered on the 9th within the first 5 min. On the 16th I literally waited outside my door for UPS who never came. Imagine my shock when my tracking said they attempted delivery (they didn’t as I was outside waiting). Then they held it at a UPS pick up point that had very limited hours the next day so I had to get someone to pick it up with a letter with my authorization. Anyway, apple made it right so can’t complain.

Also, managed to sell my 12 Pro Max 512 for $825 which is more than Apple offered me for the trade.

Reactions: r.d

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
ok will just a heads up and all for everyone that is waiting on iphone 14 pro or pro max and everything if your with bell mobile and crap its going to take longer for u get your pre-order cuz i have already called them i done my pre-order the 9th and the shippings and all for the phones where the 16th and they dont count weekdays i have already waited a week i have gone to a bell store and they said to me that the bigger size iphone would take in between 4 to 5 weeks before getting a message from them what is bs
Try to reserve one from Apple instead and then do a Bell hardware upgrade at the Apple Store.

Reactions: KO7

heymiche

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2022
anyone get the following message when they switched to esim? how did you fix it?

iMessage This number is registered to your Apple ID but is not associated with this phone

KO7

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2020
Canada
On the fence about returning my 14 Pro for a 14 Pro Max as I miss the larger screen and battery life. Was surprised to see both a Purple 14 Pro Max 256GB, and a Space Black one available for reserve. The purple disappeared as I was going through the reservation process, but I was able to hold the Space Black for now.

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
On the fence about returning my 14 Pro for a 14 Pro Max as I miss the larger screen and battery life. Was surprised to see both a Purple 14 Pro Max 256GB, and a Space Black one available for reserve. The purple disappeared as I was going through the reservation process, but I was able to hold the Space Black for now.
Space Black Pro Max is awesome! You won't be disappointed.

Reactions: Ryan1524 and KO7

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
I was a minute or so late due to Apple Pay errors and mine says Oct 4th to 11th, I'm hoping where I live it's before the 11th as I leave on vacation then. However, typically where I live in Canada it's usually when they give that kind of a date range at the beginning.
Same boat, so you are saying when they give range dates usually they arrive on the first day? I mean like the 4th?

reeneebob

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2015
I keep looking at watches now lol. I have a series 4 but there are some pretty serious deeeeeeeep scratches on the screen. I have joined a gym and am doing aquafit classes but the scratches are so deep I don’t trust the water resistance.

I don’t generally upgrade my watches until absolutely necessary (I had a series 0 and went to the series 4, my husband still uses that series 0 as his second AW when he’s doing work where the primary Series 3 he owns could get damaged), but it’s tempting.

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
Update on trade in through Apple.ca and tax refunds. I received my trade in credit and it was the $905 I was originally quoted. As I said before, the quoted amount was increased upon refund with the tax amount previously. Seems like that is not the case this year.

• Sad

ez510

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2022
Placed a pre-order for a 14PM 512GB Deep Purple on September 9th, given a delivery estimate of 10/18-10/24 which hasn't changed at all. Currently my pre-order still is stuck on "processing".

I check a few times a day on the Apple Store to see if I can get a pick-up sooner but it always says "no availability within your location". How are people getting their 14PMs so soon? Is it pure luck?

Vancouver area FWIW.

ArmpitoftheGian

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2010
Placed a pre-order for a 14PM 512GB Deep Purple on September 9th, given a delivery estimate of 10/18-10/24 which hasn't changed at all. Currently my pre-order still is stuck on "processing".

I check a few times a day on the Apple Store to see if I can get a pick-up sooner but it always says "no availability within your location". How are people getting their 14PMs so soon? Is it pure luck?

Vancouver area FWIW.

Luck and timing. Usually, the Apple Stores update inventory in the morning so your best bet is to check for stock first thing in the morning, usually around 8AM or so (even on weekends). That's how I got my 14PM gold when I returned my purple 14P, it showed up in stock and available for pick up around 8AM on the Saturday after Friday launch. Good luck!

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
In Toronto there are 14 Pros available for pickup, but I didn't see the (purple) 14 Pro Max. So I ordered the Pro Max for delivery. Delivers in a month.

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 3.31.29 PM.png

I waited this long to order because my Amex only started providing free 2-year accidental damage and loss insurance starting today, Oct. 12.

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 3.55.32 PM.png

This CC feature seems to be becoming more and more popular. My Visa is getting this insurance at the end of this month too.

It's not as good as AppleCare+, but it's free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.