Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christheappleguy

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2021
View attachment 2068797
Got mine a few hours ago and finally have time to enjoy! The purple looks so different depends on the lights. Got a leather case in ink… was planning of using a clear case but I ordered spigen MagSafe on Amazon and the magnet part looked really sloppy and didn’t wanna risk damaging the phone. Installed a tempered glass from ESR also on Amazon. It’s alright. Wish it covered more though feels nice and smooth. View attachment 2068797 View attachment 2068798

That combo looks so amazing! So much so that I just ordered the leather ink case for my deep purple iPhone pro max.

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
So update on my day today LoL...

Decided to call PayBright this morning. What a waste of time. They just kept saying that I need to show "proof" from Apple that they charged me incorrectly. They made it seem like they only charge me what Apple tells them to, and they have no ability to see my order details, or trade-in info. Hard to believe, but ok. They said I can send in proof and they will investigate to potentially do a manual adjustment.

Got to the Apple Store right at my appointment time. Was taken in right away, even though there was a huge line of people. I asked about the tax treatment with PayBright, and the worker had no clue, said to contact PayBright. I told him PayBright said to talk to Apple. Kindly, I asked for the manager and tried to explain that I was charged incorrectly and how taxes are treated in Canada. I swear these people don't listen or even answer the question that is being asked. It's like Apple trains them to speak to customers a certain way to frustrate them. Basically, he said they have no involvement with what PayBright does due to "security" and to contact them directly.

I was going to cancel and re-buy without PayBright, but I decided to continue picking up my order. I thought it through, and I cannot imagine a company like Apple charging taxes incorrectly. My gut feeling says it will get adjusted, probably once they receive the trade-in. If not, I will escalate at that point.

Also, I was able to get a TELUS eSIM for my secondary line for free with no issues at Apple. Switched over my Bell primary eSIM online with no issues as well.

Anyways, the Space Black is incredible!!!!!

View attachment 2068453
View attachment 2068454
View attachment 2068452

Love seeing that sim tray on a modern phone

Reactions: r.d

Mity

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2014
Does anyone know if the Canadian models are also Dual Active? I couldn't find out on the support page: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT212780

The iPhone 14 Pros that Apple sells in China, Hong Kong and Macao are still Dual pSIMs instead of eSIMs and they are Dual Standby instead of Dual Active: https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT209086

Although I'm in the US, I may buy a Canadian model off eBay or drive to Toronto so I can have 1 physical SIM, which I absolutely need.

Reactions: brgjoe

OinkSheeb

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
Does anyone know if the Canadian models are also Dual Active? I couldn't find out on the support page: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT212780

The iPhone 14 Pros that Apple sells in China, Hong Kong and Macao are still Dual pSIMs instead of eSIMs and they are Dual Standby instead of Dual Active: https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT209086

Although I'm in the US, I may buy a Canadian model off eBay or drive to Toronto so I can have 1 physical SIM, which I absolutely need.
One physical sim and 2 active esim. Can register up to 8 esim.

Reactions: madrigal77 and Mity

NeonManiac

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2022
Highly recommend the Spigen tempered glass screen protector 2 pack on Amazon. Super easy to apply with the guide. I always apply them right away after taking off the protective film from the packaging. That way there are no issues with dust etc.

View attachment 2068482

I bought the same screen protectors and not only is it so easy to apply, but this is the best looking screen protector I’ve used on a phone. It fits perfectly and has no ugly border and feels smooth and looks clear. Now hopefully it’s robust too lol.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
I get it but not when you try to purchase something with credit (using a third party) and thousands others trying to hit the same system and cause a crash. Administrative headache (r.d. experiencing) when your transaction gets messed up. There is always that risk.

Besides, I got enough bills to keep track of each month.
Yes I guess adding another monthly debit to your bank account isn’t ideal and the fact that the system crashed was less than perfect. The tax issue would have been the same with or without paybright. I experienced the same thing and am now trying to sell my phone privately and cancel the trade in.

NikkoTuason

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2018
It’s an interest free loan for 2 years. $1,500 today is worth more than $62.50 per month for 24 months so it’s tough to pass up the paybright deal.
But then the hassle and headache from using paybright made it hard for me to use them again this year lol.

Reactions: nasa25 and r.d

Sailormannn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
Anyone else not receive their phone Friday? Big fail for UPS here in Mississauga. Purchased online early and Apple confirmed delivery yesterday but UPS was a no show.

UPS tracking shows it was in their Caledon warehouse on Sept 15 @1;28PM but no update since. I'm sure they were overwhelmed and short of drivers, but I'm miffed I had to sit around all day and they were a no show. Tracking has not been updated this morning so I guess delivery won't happen until Monday at the earliest.

RexMan

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2022
Anyone else not receive their phone Friday? Big fail for UPS here in Mississauga. Purchased online early and Apple confirmed delivery yesterday but UPS was a no show.

UPS tracking shows it was in their Caledon warehouse on Sept 15 @1;28PM but no update since. I'm sure they were overwhelmed and short of drivers, but I'm miffed I had to sit around all day and they were a no show. Tracking has not been updated this morning so I guess delivery won't happen until Monday at the earliest.
Mine was updated only at around 7 pm Friday to say it would arrive Monday. Next time I'll do an in-store pickup. The inconvenience of having to be around all day for a signature, only to have them no-show, isn't worth it.

Reactions: CorranQ and fate.tw

reeneebob

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2015
UPS delivered it about an hour earlier than they usually come to my work, I was surprised. I always have it delivered to work, just easier.

Sailormannn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
Not sure why you guys didn’t just picked pick up at store. It’s way faster than waiting around for ups driver to roll by lol
I guess we'll have to do that next time. I harken back to the days when we had to line up at the stores and it was more convenient to get it delivered. UPS this year was a big fail for me. My UPS Choice status hasn't changed yet to Monday; It will probably get updated Sunday night or early Monday. They are a bit pathetic. Their Twitter says their social media hours are 7am to 3pm M-F.

Sailormannn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
UPS delivered it about an hour earlier than they usually come to my work, I was surprised. I always have it delivered to work, just easier.
UPS is usually on our street 2x daily and they swing by the UPS store around 7pm ... Didn't see them at all on Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of them booked off sick. I just saw FedEx on our street working Saturday morning. You would think UPS would make every effort to deliver for Apple; they used to.

Reactions: curdy

ArmpitoftheGian

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2010
Got 14 Pro yesterday in purple. Didn’t like the colour (too dark for me) and it felt small, expected bigger coming from the original X (which is smaller I know). Just returned it and picked up 14PM in gold (love the champagne like hue), which was in stock at the Apple Store in Winnipeg! Although stock seems to have gone quickly this morning.

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
I bought the same screen protectors and not only is it so easy to apply, but this is the best looking screen protector I’ve used on a phone. It fits perfectly and has no ugly border and feels smooth and looks clear. Now hopefully it’s robust too lol.
Obviously haven't tested the strength, and I hope I won't anytime soon! Last couple tempered glass ones I've had (JetTech I think, also off Amazon, but without the installation tool) have saved my actual screen numerous times.

Reactions: NeonManiac

joajax

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2019
Sooo…I ordered an IPhone 14 Pro Max 256 with Rogers store pick up on preorder day last Friday, 8:45am EST. I was #65 nationally. Checked Wed and I was #16 nationally with open status. Today, same status, no movement since Wed. A friend ordered Wed on Telus and got hers today. Crazy! Anyway, glad I never got it cause I just cancelled…realized I like silver better and ordering that sent to my house! Not in a rush anyhow…

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
Had a very odd issue with paybright and wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

Last week I ordered 2 phones (one for me and my wife) via Apple preorder using paybright. Today notice my phone was in stock for pick up today, so ordered another same phone using paybright and cancelled my preorder. Keep in mind all orders went thru no problem and tax was paid.

About 30mins after I get an email from Apple saying my ordered been cancelled due to issues with my payment. Called support, seems that my email may have not match from Apple and what I registered with paybright, stupid @me.com emails lol. Anyways customer support from paybright says I will get my refund for the order today and to order again. Which I do and this time made sure email was correct and another $90 tax taken. Another 30 mins go by and again I get a email from Apple saying issues with my payment and order cancelled.

Called paybright customer support, and get the most oddest answer, she not able to tell me over the phone the issue (sounded like she knew what it was) and I needed to submit some security form from their online sight. Which I recently submitted.

So now because I cancelled my initial preorder, I’m stuck with no phones at all, however luckily never cancelled my wife’s phone. So waiting now for 3 tax refunds paybright, which who knows how long that’s gonna take.

Anyone seen this odd issue? Not sure what it could be as I’m approved on paybright for more than enough. My only guess is that I preordered 2 phone and even after cancelling one of the preorder, paybright system has not been updated so they are thinking I am ordering multiple phones. Which I believe you are limited to 2 iPhones per order at Apple.

heymiche

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2022
anyone successfully get a qr code for esim in store? i totally forgot to ask about it and wondering if i should go back…

Last edited:

CorranQ

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
anyone successfully get a qr code for esim in store? i totally forgot to ask about it and wondering if i should go back…
Depends on your mobile provider really! Some have pretty sleek charge free eSim systems online like Freedom and Bell, not sure about the rest but have experience with those two. Just gotta log into your account and can migrate relatively easily.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Not sure why you guys didn’t just picked pick up at store. It’s way faster than waiting around for ups driver to roll by lol

I ordered the phone so quick i forgot to choose in store pickup. I did that last year with the iPhone 13PM but not this year. But the phone came thru yesterday Sept 16 around 1:00 pm. Strangely it was not a UPS guy. He had no truck and no brown uniform.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.