Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
i snagged a phone this morning for pickup tomorrow afternoon. got an email it’s ready….what are the chances i’d be able to pickup early?
Based on what I saw this morning, they weren't even checking anyone in until 15 minutes before their appointment. Might be worth a try at the end of the day if the store is close by though.

Reactions: heymiche

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
Based on what I saw this morning, they weren't even checking anyone in until 15 minutes before their appointment. Might be worth a try at the end of the day if the store is close by though.
I am sure it's mad chaos with all those people there today. I booked mine for first thing Sunday morning if I am going to pull the trigger and buy. Not in a hurry and better to let the dust settle.

hr10

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2009
Picked same day delivery for today this morning and this is what’s showing on the apple app

Attachments

• D981AB2A-EEBE-4D7F-9DD5-43E93B1D9216.jpeg
    D981AB2A-EEBE-4D7F-9DD5-43E93B1D9216.jpeg
    564.8 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: r.d

madrigal77

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2018
Out for delivery for me. UPS usually comes at around 1pm, but I expect he might bit a bit later with all the iPhone's I'm sure he has to deliver ;)

Sailormannn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
Out for delivery for me. UPS usually comes at around 1pm, but I expect he might bit a bit later with all the iPhone's I'm sure he has to deliver ;)
No sign of UPS here in Mississauga … Tracking hasn’t been updated … Assume its out for delivery and tracking will catch up. Have been through this before with UPS on launch day.

Reactions: madrigal77

rhaatou

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2017
I am sure it's mad chaos with all those people there today. I booked mine for first thing Sunday morning if I am going to pull the trigger and buy. Not in a hurry and better to let the dust settle.
This year felt very quiet compared to last year. When I picked up mine at 8 AM we were only 8 people waiting in line.

One guy showed up without an appointment and managed to get a reservation at 10 AM. They did ask him to come back at that time, rather than let him in early.

rhaatou

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2017
It’s like Uber Eats for Apple. 😂
Last year when I used it to get my MBP16 it was a DoorDash delivery guy who did the 35km trip to bring it to me from the apple store that had the model in stock. He checked my ID 3 times to make sure I was the right person. The service works well.

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
This year felt very quiet compared to last year. When I picked up mine at 8 AM we were only 8 people waiting in line.

One guy showed up without an appointment and managed to get a reservation at 10 AM. They did ask him to come back at that time, rather than let him in early.
Looks like they are pretty strict and only allow you in at the specified time that you booked.

hxrd

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2022
Anyone else absolutely torn between the Pro and the Pro Max, I've tried both and I still can't decide between the two.

Also, tried ordering a phone for 2 hour delivery but in the confirmation says it's shipping mid October, is this normal or is the website borked?

fate.tw

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2012
Help please. How do I get rid of this “finish setting up cellular” notification which is only there to get me to move to an esim? I have an active SIM card in the phone and am not interested in giving Telus $10 for an esim.

Last edited:

mvdw84

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
Canada
View attachment 2066972

Nightmare? Bell make it easy out of all the carriers. Just login to your account and select Transfer service to another phone. Enter in the IMEI or IMEI2 number, and follow the steps.

TELUS and ROGERS make you purchase a QR code on a piece of paper for $20.

NOTE to others: If you're picking up at the Apple Store, you can ask for an eSIM QR code card for your carrier and they will provide for free.
Apple store in Calgary said they don't have any...so sadly Telus got another $20 from me (it's a bit mad since they charge $10 on the website including shipping) - why they can't just deliver it via email immediately is beyond me...

Reactions: fate.tw

pducharme

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
Sherbrooke, QC
I got my iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB Deep Purple at 3pm :) I did restore my iCloud backup from the day I sold my 13 Pro Max. Everything's great so far. Just ugrading to latest 16.1 Beta right now ;) I know, but i'm a beta guy :)

wulfin

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
Calgary, AB
Picked up my 256gb PM this afternoon even though the reservation was for Sunday. It was busy, about 10 people in each line. So not bad. The sales guy wanted to know why I was upgrading as he has the same phone I did (12 Pro). It was a good transaction.

Last edited:

vanhalen26

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2018
Ups dropped mine off without a signature and no one home. Was a little worried but I’m home now and all good. I didn’t authorize that!

madrigal77

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2018
Ups dropped mine off without a signature and no one home. Was a little worried but I’m home now and all good. I didn’t authorize that!
When the kid dropped mine off he seemed high out of his mind and when I asked if he needed a signature he was like "Oh. Yeah. I guess so" in a super monotone voice.

Reactions: vanhalen26

Sailormannn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
No sign of UPS here in Mississauga … Tracking hasn’t been updated … Assume its out for delivery and tracking will catch up. Have been through this before with UPS on launch day.
Still waiting here in Mississauga at almost 6pm. No change in delivery status. How late does UPS deliver? Going to be miffed if they‘re a no show.

l0gikb0mb

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2012
Same. Nothing here in Surrey BC yet. UPS are pure trash here, they've never delivered on time, and I just called in and they said I would be able to pick it up earliest on Tuesday if they miss today. What a joke.

RexMan

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2022
Still waiting here in Mississauga at almost 6pm. No change in delivery status. How late does UPS deliver? Going to be miffed if they‘re a no show.
I’m near Ottawa. Same situation as you, no delivery but also no change in status.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.