Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hr10

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2009
I ended up getting one just now, selected ship from store for today delivery. Anyone has experience with ship from store method?

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
Silver is the hottest this year it seems as @jmc111 mentioned, or has least stock (at least for 512GB PM.)

Was able to reserve Silver 512GB PM today in Montreal for pick up. I'm in Ottawa so will be a 4hr round-trip to pick up this thing (plus 2% extra QC tax over ON.) Only 1x available in Montreal and 3x stores in Toronto, they were all gone 13 minutes after going up.

If I wasn't so picky I could've had the same phone in Space Black or Purple picked up 20 minutes away, but my current 11 PM and X were both black, time for a change & I think Silver is the hottest for this year. Can't believe I'm driving 4hrs for a phone lol but I guess this will be one of the more memorable release days :)
Looks like stock in the Toronto area for the Pros are almost all gone other than some 512GB and 1TB left. Lots of people with deep pockets :) What recession.

Reactions: faythebest

MaxGolden12

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2020
Was able to place an order for a 256GB Pro Max in Deep Purple for pickup at Apple Chinook Centre in Calgary on Sunday (9/18). Unfortunately won’t be around to get it before then.

anatolie

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
Looks like stock in the Toronto area for the Pros are almost all gone other than some 512GB and 1TB left. Lots of people with deep pockets :) What recession.
I would've gone 256GB again but I'm almost filled up on my 11 PM and would rather have the extra storage in case I want to take ProRes photos or videos. Having the extra storage and never having to get bombarded with "iPhone storage almost full" is worth the extra cost for me personally.

Ask me 4 years ago I would've said "who needs more than 128GB in a phone?!"

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
I would've gone 256GB again but I'm almost filled up on my 11 PM and would rather have the extra storage in case I want to take ProRes photos or videos. Having the extra storage and never having to get bombarded with "iPhone storage almost full" is worth the extra cost for me personally.

Ask me 4 years ago I would've said "who needs more than 128GB in a phone?!"
Doesn't matter. All storage sizes are selling out in the Toronto area. I personally only use my phone for e-mail and texting and store a bit for music. I take some pics but not excessive. Don't really care for the 4K ProRes. So I am still trying to justify plunking down $1,500 for this gadget that will be obsolete in 4-5 years. I can certainly buy it but whether I really "need" it. I am getting the iphone 13 next week to replace my other phone for "dirt" cheap via work.

anatolie

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
Doesn't matter. All storage sizes are selling out in the Toronto area. I personally only use my phone for e-mail and texting and store a bit for music. I take some pics but not excessive. Don't really care for the 4K ProRes. So I am still trying to justify plunking down $1,500 for this gadget that will be obsolete in 4-5 years. I can certainly buy it but whether I really "need" it. I am getting the iphone 13 next week to replace my other phone for "dirt" cheap via work.
Have a feeling there are likely a lot of decent number of orders for people who are looking to make $1-200 flipping these things on Kijiji on launch day contributing to this.

I factor in what the resale value will be in 3-4 years, plus iPhones are decently easy to sell. 13 is still a great phone, I think you are getting 90% of the features plus can't go wrong with that corporate discount!

markol

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
My friend's aswell. Yeserday it had a delivery today of today and once midnight hit the Estimated delivery changed to: The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible....
mine still says by end of day today... hopefully it sticks

ShawnyRHarvey

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2018
Hamilton, ON
It seems that even if my order at Telus at 8h05 on the launch day won't ship for a while :( Anyone knows if the website of telus lags shipping info or if it is accurate that if it is still process it did not ship?
Website gave no details on shipping, but Canada Post sent me tracking info yesterday afternoon

ShawnyRHarvey

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2018
Hamilton, ON
7DCC4BF2-86DF-471D-AE47-AD5FF304B255.jpeg
So close, I can smell it 😂

Reactions: Kblybb

ZilzilaStriken

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2021
On pre order day, I totally forgot to place the order. Remembered once I was about to reach work around 7 AM. The shipping dates were already slipped to 2nd week of October. Today I put alarm at 12AM to check for in store pick up, it said to check back at 5:25 (I might dreamt this time). I checked at 5AM and yes!, I chose deliver from store for today (pickup was also available). Going to do the same thing for AirPods Pro as delivery to my building is always “no one available” and I have no buzz code.

orionnoiro

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2022
Preordered from Telus around 15 minutes after launch (Silver 14 Pro 256GB) and still no shipping confirmation or tracking info :–(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.