Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reeneebob

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2015
Same, but 2 last years, it was like that but I waited until 6pm and a new "scan" said that they will deliver next day, so this year, I don't have my hope very high for that 16th :)

I’m hopeful - I’m having it sent to work and our UPS guy is great. This would be the first year I didn’t get launch day, and it was weird since I ordered within 30 seconds of the store going live. Couldn’t figure out what happened that I didn’t get launch.

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
for in store pickup, anyone has idea whether I can go in 2 hours before my selected check-in time?
Will their system allow it? Yes.

But I find it depends on their mood. Last year, the store manager was outside the store huffing and puffing and told me to come back later. I was about an hour and a half early but there were employees just standing around talking. No upgrade, just straight in-store pickup. They had to "check" to see if someone can accommodate me, and "did me a favour" and let me pick it up.

Reactions: Iphone-noob

John Michaud

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2020
Do you guys think I can pick up 2 iPhone 14 pro maxs tomorrow morning? how likely is it? Anyone know how it was last year for people who reserved for pick up at 8 am?

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
Let's Gooo!!

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 23.31.39.png

Garthyanush

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2016
There are numerous Cargo Jet flights from Hamilton tonight to Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. I believe UPS uses Cargo Jet in Canada.
Yeah, UPS uses CargoJet for transporting packages domestically. I was trying to map how my iPhone would get to me, and I suspect its either gonna go From Mount Hope, to Winnipeg, then to Regina (all via CargoJet), or it would fly to Calgary, then get transported via truck to Regina.

Either way, it seems like the bulk of the CargoJet planes leave around 1:15 AM EST

Placehold5894

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2022
Buddy of mine from Canada was seeing his tracking label from Apple showing,

Estimated delivery:Friday, September 16 by End of Day.

Now after midnight his label is showing,

The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible.

Anyone else see this?

Edit: Ontario province

Last edited:

Garthyanush

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2016
I just rechecked both of mine (one is the actual iPhone, the other is a trade in kit). Both of them are still due for the 16th. Interestingly enough, my trade in kit (which is probably just an empty box). Has a delivery time of 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM, and requires a signature. My actual iPhone requires no signature, and just has an "end of day" time frame. They will be on the same plane most likely, so they will probably be delivered at the same time is my guess.

Reactions: r.d

vfortier

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2005
It seems that even if my order at Telus at 8h05 on the launch day won't ship for a while :( Anyone knows if the website of telus lags shipping info or if it is accurate that if it is still process it did not ship?

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
@r.d did you get any word on the tax situation from Paybright or apple?

I’m pretty sure I’m just going to sell my old phone and cancel the trade in. Like if I got the tax break I’d be out say $150 versus selling privately which I can live with. But at this point I’m probably eating $250 which is tough to swallow.

Kblybb

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
I just rechecked both of mine (one is the actual iPhone, the other is a trade in kit). Both of them are still due for the 16th. Interestingly enough, my trade in kit (which is probably just an empty box). Has a delivery time of 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM, and requires a signature. My actual iPhone requires no signature, and just has an "end of day" time frame. They will be on the same plane most likely, so they will probably be delivered at the same time is my guess.
Oh no. I have one package coming today from Telus, what if it’s just the trade in kit. It’s Canada post priority. How can you tell the difference?

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
@r.d did you get any word on the tax situation from Paybright or apple?

I’m pretty sure I’m just going to sell my old phone and cancel the trade in. Like if I got the tax break I’d be out say $150 versus selling privately which I can live with. But at this point I’m probably eating $250 which is tough to swallow.
Nope, PayBright has been silent.

I’ll bring it up at Apple today when I go. If I feel something is not right, I’ll have them cancel the PayBright order and I’ll just buy it outright.

Reactions: nasa25

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
Looks like Silver in the Toronto area is the "hot" colour. Since I am still on the fence, I was able to reserve a Pro 14 128GB silver for Sunday. Cancelled my 512GB as it was overkill for me. I rarely take many pics so it's really a waste I will wait and see in the next two days.

anatolie

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
Silver is the hottest this year it seems as @jmc111 mentioned, or has least stock (at least for 512GB PM.)

Was able to reserve Silver 512GB PM today in Montreal for pick up. I'm in Ottawa so will be a 4hr round-trip to pick up this thing (plus 2% extra QC tax over ON.) Only 1x available in Montreal and 3x stores in Toronto, they were all gone 13 minutes after going up.

If I wasn't so picky I could've had the same phone in Space Black or Purple picked up 20 minutes away, but my current 11 PM and X were both black, time for a change & I think Silver is the hottest for this year. Can't believe I'm driving 4hrs for a phone lol but I guess this will be one of the more memorable release days :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.