Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

balzz

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Got it. Now the nightmare of transferring esim service on Bell. 🤦🏻‍♂️

NeonManiac

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2022
Just want to give a big shout out to the OP! The reserve for pick up option was so easy. I reserved it last week, went to the store for 8:30 this morning and was out of there in 15 minutes. I'm just setting things up now and restoring backup and can't wait to start using this thing! If it hadn't been for this thread I wouldn't have known about the reserve option. Hope everyone who is expecting it gets their phones today, and enjoy!

wulfin

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
Calgary, AB
I originally reserved a 512gb PM because that was originally all I could find. This morning a 256gb popped up, but the reservation time slipped til sunday. Do you think there's a chance I could pick it up today if I go and it's not stupid busy? (I'm expecting it to be busy this morning, but kind of taper off early afternoon).

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Got it. Now the nightmare of transferring esim service on Bell. 🤦🏻‍♂️
6D2D30A1-007E-4474-AA1A-E4191D3E01C2.jpeg

Nightmare? Bell make it easy out of all the carriers. Just login to your account and select Transfer service to another phone. Enter in the IMEI or IMEI2 number, and follow the steps.

TELUS and ROGERS make you purchase a QR code on a piece of paper for $20.

NOTE to others: If you're picking up at the Apple Store, you can ask for an eSIM QR code card for your carrier and they will provide for free.

Reactions: wysiwyg1972

rhaatou

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2017
NOTE to others: If you're picking up at the Apple Store, you can ask for an eSIM QR code card for your carrier and they will provide for free.

Apple store at Dix30 refused to give me a eSIM QR Code. The whole thing is frustrating. Tried to use my old telus esim card which now says it is expired. Telus CSR was quite nice to note it down as a defective sim and allow me to go to a Telus store and get one for free but it's an ordeal to have to drive back and forth all day.

Other esim profiles haven't transferred over either. At this point I'm contemplating returning the phone and just keeping my 13Pro an extra year.

The whole esim thing has ruined the day for me.

wulfin

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
Calgary, AB
Apple store at Dix30 refused to give me a eSIM QR Code. The whole thing is frustrating. Tried to use my old telus esim card which now says it is expired. Telus CSR was quite nice to note it down as a defective sim and allow me to go to a Telus store and get one for free but it's an ordeal to have to drive back and forth all day.

Other esim profiles haven't transferred over either. At this point I'm contemplating returning the phone and just keeping my 13Pro an extra year.

The whole esim thing has ruined the day for me.
When I got my 12P, I remember having to go over to the telus store after to get the esim cards. If this is the case again, I might debate what I want to do (I have 2 numbers on my phone..was planning on putting them both on esim, but if I have to pay for the qr code, then I'll probably do 1 on esim and 1 physical like I have it now).

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
I was able to lock in a Pro 14 256GB Silver for Sunday morning as well for pick up. So decisions, decisions. I guess if I were going to spend $1,580 for the 128gb, it makes since to go the extra $169 and get the 256GB ($1,750). Ensures I have enough space or able to sell down the road. 256GB seems to be the most popular.

wysiwyg1972

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2012
Toronto, Canada
View attachment 2066972

Nightmare? Bell make it easy out of all the carriers. Just login to your account and select Transfer service to another phone. Enter in the IMEI or IMEI2 number, and follow the steps.

TELUS and ROGERS make you purchase a QR code on a piece of paper for $20.

I wish they just made it possible to transfer yourself via iOS, like it’s the case with many US carriers.

Apple used to provide free SIM cards for new phone purchases, nice to see they are now offering eSIM cards for free as well. I’m getting mine delivered but will try to get a free one in store regardless. Can be useful one day.

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
I wish they just made it possible to transfer yourself via iOS, like it’s the case with many US carriers.

I agree. iOS supports it, but each carrier has to also support it on their end. I'm sure it'll eventually come. Canadian carriers just need to milk the $20 QR code fee for as long as they can.

Placehold5894

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2022
My friend's aswell. Yeserday it had a delivery today of today and once midnight hit the Estimated delivery changed to: The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible....
His order just arrived from Apple to Milton, despite the tracking number never being updated past shipping label created.

Garthyanush

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2016
Question do you guys. For those who still are using a physical SIM card, did you need to get a new one? Apple says the old
SIM cards aren’t compatible with iPhone 14 pro/pro max models. My carrier doesn’t support eSIM on an iPhone, so I can’t use an eSIM.

So, for those who have their iPhones already, has anyone tried their existing SIMs?

Attachments

• 1ECC3FAC-80DB-4C90-809D-30529440E713.jpeg
    1ECC3FAC-80DB-4C90-809D-30529440E713.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 58

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
Question do you guys. For those who still are using a physical SIM card, did you need to get a new one? Apple says the old
SIM cards aren’t compatible with iPhone 14 pro/pro max models. My carrier doesn’t support eSIM on an iPhone, so I can’t use an eSIM.

So, for those who have their iPhones already, has anyone tried their existing SIMs?
These are nano-sim cards and not micro as per your screen shot. Of course you can transfer your existing nano sim over to the new phone.

Reactions: fate.tw

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON

You can use any previous nanoSIM (from iPhone 5 or later). Prior to iPhone 5, Apple used larger microSIMs.

c613m

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2011
Ottawa
Anyone know if I use the Apple Transfer eSIM from Fido to my new iPhone? Haven't gotten it yet, but wondering if I can do this from my 12 Pro.

SRTM

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2011
Wife just received her base pro model. Already scuffed the side a bit taking a case on and off. Luckily she didn’t notice.

Selcher

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Anyone ever had a tracking scan just disappear? 6 hours ago there was a scan in Dartmouth, now it's gone and the most recent is Dieppe, NB at 3:55am again.

heymiche

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2022
i snagged a phone this morning for pickup tomorrow afternoon. got an email it’s ready….what are the chances i’d be able to pickup early?

jonhoy

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2015
I’ve got in-store pickup at Eaton Centre for 5:45 today, wondering if I can go earlier…

Reactions: ultra7k

Mavik91

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2022
Picked up my Space Black 14 Pro Max this morning at the Apple Store. After seeing the purple in person, I’m really glad I chose the black 😬…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.