Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abydm

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2014
got my iPhone 14 pro max 256gb, oof what a nice device
UPS came late but they made it, before eod!
hope you all enjoy yours as much as i am!
Calgary, AB

Reactions: CorranQ

hr10

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2009
Ditto in downtown Vancouver, and to add on my building’s buzzer system is wonky 🤦🏻‍♂️ today has not been a good day for tech in my world, lol!
UPS will work very late to delivery as many as they can. I got them after 8pm 2 years ago

• Wow
Reactions: CorranQ

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Nope, PayBright has been silent.

I’ll bring it up at Apple today when I go. If I feel something is not right, I’ll have them cancel the PayBright order and I’ll just buy it outright.
So update on my day today LoL...

Decided to call PayBright this morning. What a waste of time. They just kept saying that I need to show "proof" from Apple that they charged me incorrectly. They made it seem like they only charge me what Apple tells them to, and they have no ability to see my order details, or trade-in info. Hard to believe, but ok. They said I can send in proof and they will investigate to potentially do a manual adjustment.

Got to the Apple Store right at my appointment time. Was taken in right away, even though there was a huge line of people. I asked about the tax treatment with PayBright, and the worker had no clue, said to contact PayBright. I told him PayBright said to talk to Apple. Kindly, I asked for the manager and tried to explain that I was charged incorrectly and how taxes are treated in Canada. I swear these people don't listen or even answer the question that is being asked. It's like Apple trains them to speak to customers a certain way to frustrate them. Basically, he said they have no involvement with what PayBright does due to "security" and to contact them directly.

I was going to cancel and re-buy without PayBright, but I decided to continue picking up my order. I thought it through, and I cannot imagine a company like Apple charging taxes incorrectly. My gut feeling says it will get adjusted, probably once they receive the trade-in. If not, I will escalate at that point.

Also, I was able to get a TELUS eSIM for my secondary line for free with no issues at Apple. Switched over my Bell primary eSIM online with no issues as well.

Anyways, the Space Black is incredible!!!!!

IMG_9640.jpeg

IMG_9642.jpeg

IMG_9644.jpeg

Minato1990

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2017
Walked into Rogers around 3pm today and traded in spouses iphone 8plus for 130$ so I could get the 14 pro at 256gb on Upfront edge financing, and I gave her my 12 pro.

Pretty easy now I'll pay like 36$ for it monthly, along with like 45$ for my 45gb plan(prefered program discount on a 70$ plan)
It was a spur of the moment type of thing as well.

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Still waiting here in Mississauga at almost 6pm. No change in delivery status. How late does UPS deliver? Going to be miffed if they‘re a no show.

Same. Nothing here in Surrey BC yet. UPS are pure trash here, they've never delivered on time, and I just called in and they said I would be able to pick it up earliest on Tuesday if they miss today. What a joke.

Now I’m getting a “Rescheduled Delivery”… for Monday. UPS wasn’t up to the task.

nothing here yet in GTA... but still out for delivery according to UPS...

Hope so. It’s 7:30 here in Mississauga, ON and no sign of them Yet.

In 2020 when I ordered my iPhone 12 Pro Max, UPS delivered to me after 9pm, in a white rental van. Also, there was no Out for Delivery or any other scans at all. UPS is probably just swamped.

Hawk10eye

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2022
If anyone wants to iPhone 14 PM 256 gb deep purple let me know, I'm planning cancel by backup reservation from toronto sherway gardens, as I had picked up the phone today.

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
Power went out here before UPS had arrived to my building so I was worried since the buzzer system wouldn't work. Power luckily came back on and a different than usual UPS driver arrived. Just saw my normal UPS driver come by now about 2 hours after my delivery. Wondering if they had a special truck just for Apple stuff today.

Highly recommend the Spigen tempered glass screen protector 2 pack on Amazon. Super easy to apply with the guide. I always apply them right away after taking off the protective film from the packaging. That way there are no issues with dust etc.

68505994511__D3F4214A-EBD1-443D-BFC1-2E33FA94CA46.jpeg

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021

Decided to call PayBright this morning. What a waste of time. They just kept saying that I need to show "proof" from Apple that they charged me incorrectly. They made it seem like they only charge me what Apple tells them to, and they have no ability to see my order details, or trade-in info. Hard to believe, but ok. They said I can send in proof and they will investigate to potentially do a manual adjustment.

Got to the Apple Store right at my appointment time. Was taken in right away, even though there was a huge line of people. I asked about the tax treatment with PayBright, and the worker had no clue, said to contact PayBright. I told him PayBright said to talk to Apple. Kindly, I asked for the manager and tried to explain that I was charged incorrectly and how taxes are treated in Canada. I swear these people don't listen or even answer the question that is being asked. It's like Apple trains them to speak to customers a certain way to frustrate them. Basically, he said they have no involvement with what PayBright does due to "security" and to contact them directly.

I was going to cancel and re-buy without PayBright, but I decided to continue picking up my order. I thought it through, and I cannot imagine a company like Apple charging taxes incorrectly. My gut feeling says it will get adjusted, probably once they receive the trade-in. If not, I will escalate at that point.

Also, I was able to get a TELUS eSIM for my secondary line for free with no issues at Apple. Switched over my Bell primary eSIM online with no issues as well.

View attachment 2068453
View attachment 2068454
View attachment 2068452
Whenever you have a large demand for an item with limited supply, credit card is the way to go. Quick and easy to reserve/order pickup. For the sake of $1,500 - $2K, I don't understand paying monthly installments. If I don't have the money, I won't buy it. :)

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Now that the launch day units have arrived or are arriving in hands, any guesses when those of us in the late September to Early October window will start to see signs of progress?

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada

View attachment 2068453
View attachment 2068454
View attachment 2068452
Thanks for the update.

Gorgeous phone!!!

• Love
Reactions: r.d

fivestar322

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2017
Bummer. Richmond scan at 9am but delivery is scheduled for Tuesday to Surrey, BC.

Anyone else in the same boat and any chance it will show up today?

Ordered through Telus 4 hours after pre-orders opened so I can't complain too much 😄😄

delivery.JPG

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Whenever you have a large demand for an item with limited supply, credit card is the way to go. Quick and easy to reserve/order pickup. For the sake of $1,500 - $2K, I don't understand paying monthly installments. If I don't have the money, I won't buy it. :)
It’s an interest free loan for 2 years. $1,500 today is worth more than $62.50 per month for 24 months so it’s tough to pass up the paybright deal.

Reactions: heymiche

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
I agree with you, that you shouldn't buy something if you don't have the money. I can easily pay for the phone in full, but I'd rather keep the funds and spend someone else's money for 0%. I've used PayBright twice before with zero issues, and last time the correct tax amount after trade-in was charged from the beginning. That's why I didn't expect this to happen. Next time, I may skip PayBright though just to avoid hassles like this.

It’s an interest free loan for 2 years. $1,500 today is worth more than $62.50 per month for 24 months so it’s tough to pass up the paybright deal.
Exactly!

Ciano88

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2022
UPS said they attempted delivery, but like with other cases, no1 actually did... That's just unprofessional

CorranQ

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Power went out here before UPS had arrived to my building so I was worried since the buzzer system wouldn't work. Power luckily came back on and a different than usual UPS driver arrived. Just saw my normal UPS driver come by now about 2 hours after my delivery. Wondering if they had a special truck just for Apple stuff today.

Highly recommend the Spigen tempered glass screen protector 2 pack on Amazon. Super easy to apply with the guide. I always apply them right away after taking off the protective film from the packaging. That way there are no issues with dust etc.

View attachment 2068482
Literally did the exact same thing combined with one of their transparent cases, very nice mutual fit and feel!

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
I get it but not when you try to purchase something with credit (using a third party) and thousands others trying to hit the same system and cause a crash. Administrative headache (r.d. experiencing) when your transaction gets messed up. There is always that risk.

Besides, I got enough bills to keep track of each month.

OinkSheeb

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
View attachment 2068797
Got mine a few hours ago and finally have time to enjoy! The purple looks so different depends on the lights. Got a leather case in ink… was planning of using a clear case but I ordered spigen MagSafe on Amazon and the magnet part looked really sloppy and didn’t wanna risk damaging the phone. Installed a tempered glass from ESR also on Amazon. It’s alright. Wish it covered more though feels nice and smooth. View attachment 2068797
31792623-BC2F-4313-BF6C-8B1A7B238266.jpeg
43782212-1379-4402-B154-1CA5BE879552.jpeg
7A3DD409-AB9C-4FF9-AB10-45AB64D6776F.jpeg
91B317A9-5286-4DE4-8684-692949B5C479.jpeg
1F59A0EF-E352-4194-928A-7AD7F31AE211.jpeg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.