Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NikkoTuason

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2018
paybright order will probably get cancelled, good thing i bought one outright. i'm guessing the secondary market will have these phones at a premium given the delivery dates being pushed back
After my very stressful experience with Paybright last year (13Pro Max) I won’t order with them again. They placed two orders of 13Pro Max 512GB, their process time was 48h for me and Apple was telling me they couldn’t find my payment for my order. 0% APR is nice but I just purchased it outright.

• Wow
Reactions: profets

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Hmm kinda having regrets choosing deep purple, too feminine? Anyone have experience switching colour of a preorder?

Probably need to order again. But keep the purple, I think that's an awesome option. I hate colours getting associated with gender. I'd rock whatever colour I'd enjoy.

Reactions: NikkoTuason

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
Maybe just for your model/storage/colour combo? I just checked a Max a few minutes ago and it was still available downtown Toronto for Sept. 16 pickup. (Home delivery said Oct. 4-12.)

I won't be ordering until Oct. 12 anyway though, since my credit card doesn't get free mobile device insurance until then.

BTW, PSA: My understanding is most credit card issuers with this insurance don't cover paybright purchases.
Looks like the website is totally messed up.

Mavik91

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2022
If my order through Paybright gets cancelled (for a Sep 16 pick up), f*ck that I’m not reordering and keeping my phone. Disrespectful to be losing time like that.

Reactions: fwmireault

ek9max

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2011
They need to fire Paybright.... Although I'm it works well every other day of the year.

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Last year, a lot of people reported issues with PayBright as well on pre-order day.

However, also last year, on launch day at around 7:45am, Apple's website updated and all stores were showing in-store pickup stock for launch day. I was able to do PayBright quickly with no issues.

My PayBright order from this morning just got cancelled due to system issue. Luckily, I did an in-store reservation as a backup. And my #2 backup is to try to order again on launch day with PayBright like last year.

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 09.03.14.png

SkottDMD

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Canada
For those with PayBright issues last year Apple did send out emails later in the day to complete orders that were cancelled, etc. can’t remember exactly how it went down but worth mentioning. I had gotten through eventually but my order was pushed over a month out by that time, it came on launch day.

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
If my order through Paybright gets cancelled (for a Sep 16 pick up), f*ck that I’m not reordering and keeping my phone. Disrespectful to be losing time like that.
i dont think its an if anymore, all orders put in with paybright that locked in a pickup or delivery time will be cancelled, then the people who can pay outright will be able to snatch those phones while you try to do another paybright order. I prefer to pay for the phone outright anyways so im glad i ordered and got a morning pick up on the 16th

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
For those with PayBright issues last year Apple did send out emails later in the day to complete orders that were cancelled, etc. can’t remember exactly how it went down but worth mentioning. I had gotten through eventually but my order was pushed over a month out by that time, it came on launch day.
Good to know, we'll see what happens!

flipjlo

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2010
Anyone in Edmonton get a reserve pick up? Are they all out. ? See a lot in Calgary still. Usually there are stocks ? Maybe there allocations aren’t up yet? Usually got no problem right at 6am

Reactions: thomstarboy

jdubigrande

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2018
Toronto
Wow that was more stressful than in previous years!

Had the app on my iPhone and iPad and the site open on my MacBook and Windows PC and none were up by 8:10am.

When I finally got the app to work on my iPhone I got an error and had to start over again and try Apple Pay.

Thankfully I got the 256GB Pro Max in deep purple for 09/16!
Had a very similar experience.

Expos of 1969

Suspended
Aug 25, 2013
No recession here.
Lots of folks overextended who will be in big trouble when they can't pay the mortgage payment because they took the highest limit mortgage offered when rates were super low. Same situation with many of the new cars you see on the road. The young ones have never experienced bad times....yet.

NeonManiac

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2022
Yes, when you go to pick up the phone you can pay outright, or finance through paybright in store. You can even trade in your phone or put some money down on it right there to reduce the monthly payments.

thomstarboy

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2012
Anyone in Edmonton get a reserve pick up? Are they all out. ? See a lot in Calgary still. Usually there are stocks ? Maybe there allocations aren’t up yet? Usually got no problem right at 6am
Nope. Both Edmonton stores have so far never been an option for pickup from what I've seen (monitoring it off and on since the online store reopened). Best I could get was September 19th delivery. I know this is ultimately a very small, very first world, very world's-smallest-violin-level problem, but this experience has kind of ruined my day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.