Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flipjlo

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2010
Awful experience this year. Couldn’t get the pro max for pickup in Edmonton but managed to get one for pickup in Calgary.
Hmm I have a gut feeling both Edmonton stores haven’t allocated yet and posted online. Weird to all versions and colors even on pros aren’t posted. Usually there’s stock remaining. Keep checking. or who knows

Reactions: steve31

flipjlo

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2010
Nope. Both Edmonton stores have so far never been an option for pickup from what I've seen (monitoring it off and on since the online store reopened). Best I could get was September 19th delivery. I know this is ultimately a very small, very first world, very world's-smallest-violin-level problem, but this experience has kind of ruined my day.
I had no problems previous years. They always had pick up options on launch. I have a gut feeling they haven’t posted it up yet. Every version color even non pros are out. Seems kinda weird for me ? Or we all to slow lol.

dsi76

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2012
I ordered a case and was shipped by FedEx

I got an Apple Watch strap through UPS a couple weeks ago. I think it could be UPS from past experience with preorders coming from Asia. Hopefully I can get mine regardless since I’ll be away on that Friday and the next Monday.

Mr.JARE_ee

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Paybright was a gong show. Never again. Btw - Is it for sure we can do paybright financing in person at the apple store? I don't want the site to crash on Sept 16th in store. XD

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
I’ve been trying paybright for well over an hour and it doesn’t even attempt to load.

I hope Apple is aware and does something for us.

If the system can’t handle it on pre-order day, don’t offer it.

Reactions: ek9max

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
Lots of folks overextended who will be in big trouble when they can't pay the mortgage payment because they took the highest limit mortgage offered when rates were super low. Same situation with many of the new cars you see on the road. The young ones have never experienced bad times....yet.
BofC has not finished hiking rates. Down south, the US Fed (Powell) will be increasing on Sept 21. I guess when the credit card bill comes, minimum payment is the norm. Just paying minimum with a balance of $1,500 could take 10+ years to pay off LOL :)

Everything is pay with credit nowadays. Not good. Advice. If you don't have the money to pay for it, don't buy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsi76

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
I’ve been trying paybright for well over an hour and it doesn’t even attempt to load.

I hope Apple is aware and does something for us.

If the system can’t handle it on pre-order day, don’t offer it.
Yeah I don’t even have the link to access the paybright server anymore lol

I called paybright - their advice - KEEP WAITING

LMAOOOOO

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Yeah I don’t even have the link to access the paybright server anymore lol

I called paybright - their advice - KEEP WAITING

LMAOOOOO
Yup, links disappeared in app, Apple.ca gives an error when you click the paybright button.

😣😂🤷

.Logan

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2010
Calgary, AB
Ordered a purple Pro Max for pickup in Calgary. Will be my first time trying the larger size Pro Max. I was worried when it was nearly 6:05AM and the store still wasn't up.

thomstarboy

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2012
I had no problems previous years. They always had pick up options on launch. I have a gut feeling they haven’t posted it up yet. Every version color even non pros are out. Seems kinda weird for me ? Or we all to slow lol.
Yeah, I had no problem choosing Edmonton Southgate pickup when I pre-ordered my 12 Pro Max.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Joking. I have never heard of them and have no idea what they are supposed to be doing.
It’s a 0% loan over two years, but they require you to pay the tax up front - that’s the issue, we can’t make that payment, so orders are on hold.

John Michaud

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2020
Should have just slapped it on my Credit card, no interest looked appealing though. Too late now For launch day. Never missed a launch day iPhone.
You might not have got it on launch day anyway. I tried restlessly from 8am and i was only able to order at 8:20 and now im not getting it in september…

ek9max

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2011
Paybright completely ruined my experience. I haven't missed a launch day in a decade..... Should have just paid for it but 0% sounded like a good idea to keep money in my bank vs somebody else's.

Looks like Koodo says they will ship by sept 16. But I see they are charging $47 more than apple. Out of principle, I will not do that.

rhaatou

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2017
I'm seeing some 8AM slots reappear at my local store. I guess some paybright orders are now being cancelled which is opening availability.

Paybright was a total mess less year too, I'm surprised they have messed things up two years in a row. At least last year they gave 60 hours to complete the order once they noticed their servers didn't cope.

pi=e=3

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2021
Paybright completely ruined my experience. I haven't missed a launch day in a decade..... Should have just paid for it but 0% sounded like a good idea to keep money in my bank vs somebody else's.

Looks like Koodo says they will ship by sept 16. But I see they are charging $47 more than apple. Out of principle, I will not do that.
When this happened with the 13, apple sent an email out later in the day and all previously cancelled paybright orders were reinstated and held their place in line.

Mavik91

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2022
My Paybright order is not cancelled after 2 hours+ (usually it’s cancelled after 1 hour if the payment is not made), I think Apple noticed the problems with the servers and will extend the payment window.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
I'm seeing some 8AM slots reappear at my local store. I guess some paybright orders are now being cancelled which is opening availability.

Paybright was a total mess less year too, I'm surprised they have messed things up two years in a row. At least last year they gave 60 hours to complete the order once they noticed their servers didn't cope.
Lol Rogers has messed things up like 15 years in a row so in comparison paybright is pretty damn good 🤣

It’s a cost benefit thing probably. Similar to Rogers, paybright probably doesn’t want to spend hundreds of thousands on upgrading their infrastructure to accommodate a surge of traffic on one day of the year. They’d rather just annoy people.

Reactions: magrat22

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
My Paybright order is not cancelled after 2 hours+ (usually it’s cancelled after 1 hour if the payment is not made), I think Apple noticed the problems with the servers and will extend the payment window.
Same. Did your paybright link disappear about 45 min ago?

Kblybb

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
I ordered through Telus as soon as it opened up. It says ship date sept.16th. Does anyone know how long delivery usually takes with them? This is my first time pre-ordering! I got the 14 pro in deep purple (currently have a 12 pro max).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.