Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mavik91

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2022
Ahhh.

Good thing is the orders haven’t been cancelled so we’ll probably retain our spot in line (ie Sept 16th delivery).
That’s what I’m thinking. I also reserved a 14 Pro Max for in store pick up on the 16 to be sure.

Reactions: nasa25

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Ahhh.

Good thing is the orders haven’t been cancelled so we’ll probably retain our spot in line (ie Sept 16th delivery).
My PayBright link actually ended up loading. Put my phone number in, they send me a code. I entered the code, then it said there was a problem and it cancelled my entire Apple order.

• Sad

Mavik91

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2022
My PayBright link actually ended up loading. Put my phone number in, they send me a code. I entered the code, then it said there was a problem and it cancelled my entire Apple order.
That sucks.

• Sad
Reactions: r.d

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Darn that’s awful. Worse than it not even loading. Hopefully Apple can reinstate your place in the queue.

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Darn that’s awful. Worse than it not even loading. Hopefully Apple can reinstate your place in the queue.
Yeah we'll see what Apple comes back with, if they do anything.

Luckily I got two backup plans so I'm not worrying LoL:
#1 - Placed an in-store reservation successfully for next Friday.
#2 - Will try to order again with PayBright next Friday. Last year on launch day at 7:45am, all stores were showing available stock online again.

outlawarth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2011
Ordered via iPhone Apple app at 8 am EST.
Pro Max 256GB Space Black
Delivers: 4 Oct. - 12 Oct.

Not the smoothest experience this year with the store initially timing out on me and not accepting my address (same address I’ve had for years).

Reactions: John Michaud

cheddarburrito

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
On hold with Apple now to see if they will do anything about
same thing happened to me as well 😫

tyrnnsrs

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2021
I figured after the Affirm mess that was last year that they would have been able to sort out a better solution to it this year.

SkottDMD

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Canada
Definitely surprising as I’m sure Apple was not thrilled. Seems to be a bit better communication from PayBright this time though.

SkottDMD

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Canada

Not sure what happens to those with cancelled orders...
I could be remembering wrong but I think they opened up the cancelled orders later in the day. I had so many failed orders last year it’s hard to remember. I was able to get my order through before they sent those emails and delivery was pushed back almost a month, somehow it ended up arriving on launch day in the end.

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
I would be curious as to whether all the reservations are now taken for most of the phone configs in the GTA for the first 3 days?

christheappleguy

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2021
I got in at 7:03 am CDT. Managed to make it to the end of the reserve in store option with my Pro Max selected. I got an error saying that I exceeded my maximum allowance of reservations. Despite having zero reserved. Kept doing it. My partner had the same problem on a different phone and Apple ID.

Tried it about 30 more times, this time getting error messages saying it could not process. Still couldn’t reserve one an hour later. I kept trying but eventually the models and colours all sold out.

Honestly, I’ve done this every year and this was the worst experience by far. I would think as technology evolves it should get easier, not harder to preorder.

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
I got in at 7:03 am CDT. Managed to make it to the end of the reserve in store option with my Pro Max selected. I got an error saying that I exceeded my maximum allowance of reservations. Despite having zero reserved. Kept doing it. My partner had the same problem on a different phone and Apple ID.

Tried it about 30 more times, this time getting error messages saying it could not process. Still couldn’t reserve one an hour later. I kept trying but eventually the models and colours all sold out.

Honestly, I’ve done this every year and this was the worst experience by far. I would think as technology evolves it should get easier, not harder to preorder.
Looks like all reservations for pickup are done now. I keep refreshing and don't see anything available in the GTA with the various phone configurations. Anyone else confirm what they see?

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008
ordered on apple.ca after 8am Pacific (woke up late!), originally was showing nothing for in-store pickup at any store but just delivery Oct 18-24 :(

Filled out order details incl payment info - noticed that before hitting the Place Order button if I instead clicked on Change Delivery method I could toggle between Pick Up In Store or ship to home - doing so repeatedly every once in a while it would refresh with something available for in-store pickup (usually at stores far from me). But patience paid off, after doing this for about 15min or so, eventually my preferred local store showed availability - quickly selected it and placed order. Now have confirmed order for Sep 16 pick up in store.

summary: if you have the patience, you might be able to snag Sep 16 pickup at your preferred store even if it shows unavailable initially

• Love
Reactions: madhatress and r.d

ratankumar1807

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
I did a pickup and reserve in the morning and the website showed that it has been reserved for me to be picked up in store but I did not recieve any notification, what evidence can i show the store team when i go to pick it up?

CanucksRock

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2010
I placed my order shortly after 6 am MT once the store finally opened on the App. 256 Purple Pro. ..Sept 19 delivery. First time not getting launch day. But no big deal - I’m out of the country until the 21st.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.