Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta
Awesome news guys! Haven't messed with it lately, but when I do, I make something work :)

Photos. Synced with my iCloud library from my MacBook Air and my iPhone 6. If anything, I think this is awesome!! Now if notes could work that would be amazing.

Also another thing I'm thinking of doing. I personally use Google Calendar for work, and was deciding if I should make launchers for iCloud or Google. Tough decision!

Honestly really stoked about this, it'll make my life easier when I attempt to use a G5 Quad as my main Mac for a bit instead of my flying-fast Hackintosh. And btw the MDD in the pic below is a PITA.

Photos_Leopard_ElCap_Pack.png
Picture 1.png

So Fluid is a bit buggy, TenFourFoxBox works and actually allows you to upload photos. So for this I will probably go with TFFB. I just wish the titlebar said "iCloud Photos" not "TenForFoxBox: iCloud Photos" for a cleaner look.

Also I wish performance was a little bit better. Granted I'm doing this with a 2.3GHz early 05, but everything seems laggy with 4GB of Ram and a brand new 500GB WD Black HDD with less than 72 hours on it. I hate that it runs this crappy because it will make life worse for those using a lesser machine than this.

Last edited:

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
You guys will be seeing this released tonight. I'm making this super easy to install too, there will need to be effort from you guys but it is so easy anyone can do it.

Have a few more icons to finish, make up an instructions guide, wrap it all up then it will be uploaded online.

Sorry for the lateness guys, but it will be SO worth it! As an added bonus I'll be including @Altemose's TFF easy tweaks installer that is based on @eyoungren's TFF suggestions.

mikiotty

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2014
Rome, Italy
You guys will be seeing this released tonight. I'm making this super easy to install too, there will need to be effort from you guys but it is so easy anyone can do it.

Have a few more icons to finish, make up an instructions guide, wrap it all up then it will be uploaded online.

Sorry for the lateness guys, but it will be SO worth it! As an added bonus I'll be including @Altemose's TFF easy tweaks installer that is based on @eyoungren's TFF suggestions.

That is excellent news man! Thank you for your effort :)

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Writing the guide as I write this post. Trying to make it super simple with lots of pictures! Working on the outline right now so it seems plain. But should be super cool when it's done!

I'm going to finish typing this up tonight then get some sleep (almost 2:30am right now) and then in the morning I'll come back to it and add pictures. After than, compile the DMG file and it will be live!

Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 2.10.22 AM.png

Hack5190

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2015
(UTC-05:00) Cuba
Writing the guide as I write this post. Trying to make it super simple with lots of pictures! Working on the outline right now so it seems plain. But should be super cool when it's done!

I'm going to finish typing this up tonight then get some sleep (almost 2:30am right now) and then in the morning I'll come back to it and add pictures. After than, compile the DMG file and it will be live!

Super anxious for this, I want to 'modernize' my PowerBook.

Sight unseen I'd like to thank you for your work on this and sharing it with the community.

swamprock

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2015
Michigan
Very cool! I used some of your old icons from the Yosemite pack when I first started experimenting with theming my Macs.

Are you planning on including a way to change the system font to San Fran? The same method that a couple of us used here works on Tiger and Leopard machines, and I still have my modified LucidaGrande dfont if you wanted to include that. It's not 100% accurate to El Cap, but it's pretty damn close.

(As an aside, I did the same font change to Mountain Lion, and it worked, but the authorization box is missing its font for some reason, and falls back to LastResort. It's quite a bit more involved for Mountain Lion, but I've gone offtopic now...)

Reactions: rawweb

Halibabamindingu

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2015
great work! @gavinstubbs09
my macbook snow leopard setup, it must work on leopard as well ( i tested on my powerbook g4 ),
used tiger dock files for snow leopard, they work on leopard 2, and used themepark to replace trafic lights and apple logo
Screen_shot_2016_03_05_at_12_21_52_AM.png

Last edited:

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
great work! @gavinstubbs09
my macbook snow leopard setup, it must work on leopard as well ( i tested on my powerbook g4 ),
used tiger dock files for snow leopard, they work on leopard 2, and used themepark to replace trafic lights and apple logo
Screen_shot_2016_03_05_at_12_21_52_AM.png

You sir I need to talk to! That dock is what I need to finish up this pack!!
[doublepost=1457460067][/doublepost]So another quick update guys. G5 Quad is leaking coolant again and I sold my 7,3 so I need to fix this thing up befor continuing. Been busy with my truck projects (if you're into that here is the build thread: 1994 k1500 6.5TD Junkyard Rescue).

Worst case scenario I'll take the HDD from my G5 and shove it into my Mac Pro and boot off Leopard from it and finish from there :)

Ih8reno

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2012
Ignore all that Facebook gobbledygook in the previous post.
"That Dock" can be achieved by following these steps to remove the Border outline from the Dock.
After applying this change your Dock will appear as such...

All I got when I opened that file were images. Where are the instructions?

Halibabamindingu

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2015
@jbarley I assume is not not quite that simple, i replaced all the bottom files by white 40% transparent in photoshop and curved edges, then i replaced the stacks by same method. for the buttons i used the ones in el capitain dock file. in total there are more than 20 images replaced.
btw the facebook gobbledygook was supposed to be a badge, that didnt work, linking to my profile, so that i can add gavin and trade information
@Ih8reno, the files need to be placed at resource inside dock app

[doublepost=1457491647][/doublepost]
IF you want the dock the same way is in my picture, use these files. there are 32 PNGs that need to be placed inside system/library/coreservices/dock/resources. Note backup Resource folder, delete the original duplicated files and then place the mines. Later on i pretend adding more modifications and make it look more like yosemite. If you use snow leopard, gotta use a patch called expose fixed located here http://shijan.deviantart.com/art/Actual-Scrollbars-Expose-Fix-for-10-6-412948480

theres just a bug, idk how to replace the dock font color to black, so if i set up a opaque background, closer to yosemite/el captain you wont see whats written on the stacks

gavin can use those files in his project, and when i get the time, by weekend, add me on faceboo so we can talk

Attachments

• dock.zip
    159.6 KB · Views: 892
Last edited:
Reactions: Hack5190

stewart1981

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2014
I bet you wish you had a simple dual-core like mine, air cooled and trouble free. :p

One reason my low end 1.6 single core keeps me happy, no coolant system! I had two others die in the past due to major leaks so stuck with the old lady. She is like my old retriever Elsa, still agile and up for anything!

ollewa1991

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2016
Germany
As soon as I get my G5 going!! Damn thing leaks coolant and haven't had time to rip out the cooling system for the hundredth time.
Hey I am a new member here and have a question about your Theme pack. Will it provide deeper modifications with for example new traffic light icons (artfile.bin) and transparent window look like in El Capitan?
A great thank you for your work.

Oh and I do not know if anyone discovered this, but you can sync your iCal with your iCloud calendar very easily. Just publish the Calendar on the left sidebar in 10.11 and copy the generated link. Now go to 10.5 iCal and subscribe your own link.

Majoris

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2016
DC
Welcome :) Hope people appreciate it, I've been grinding my teeth through the process quite often!
[doublepost=1456561537][/doublepost]Tried going with a minimalistic but represents something with this wallpaper. Just wish the dock didn't have a black background!!

View attachment 618612
That is gorgeous. What makes it even more elegant is it's running on a powerpc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.