Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta
Figured I'll give you guys a update. My new G5 Quad has been doing well, and I am on my way to completing the pack. I have a few little things to finish up but for the most part it's completed. The dropbox icon is going to be hard to keep updated, it likes to default back to the Leopard style folder icon.

I've owned my G5 Quad for a day and it's already being used quite a bit. Good purchase I must say!

Anybody happen to have a PPC version of Themepark available? I'd like to use it and add it to the archive if I can get my hands on it!

Notes and Reminders both have issues, still have to figure that out. Next will be the Font (possibly), Apple Logo, and the streetlight buttons (minimize, maximize, close).

Fun fact: the picture in iCloud Photos is actually the backside of the mountain that Apple is using for Sierra's main wallpaper. I went camping this weekend and drove past it!

macOS%20SIERRA%20PREVIEW.png

Photos.png

Maps.png

App%20Store.png

App%20Menu.png

Last edited:

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
Figured I'll give you guys a update. My new G5 Quad has been doing well, and I am on my way to completing the pack. I have a few little things to finish up but for the most part it's completed. The dropbox icon is going to be hard to keep updated, it likes to default back to the Leopard style folder icon.

Anybody happen to have a PPC version of Themepark available? I'd like to use it and add it to the archive if I can get my hands on it!

Notes and Reminders both have issues, still have to figure that out. Next will be the Font (possibly), Apple Logo, and the streetlight buttons (minimize, maximize, close).

macOS%20SIERRA%20PREVIEW.png

Photos.png

Maps.png

App%20Store.png

App%20Menu.png

Good luck changing the apple logo. I got it to work on Snow Leopard, even Intel leopard, but no PowerPC.

swamprock

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2015
Michigan
Changing the font isn't that difficult, although it's easier to just boot into single mode and do it from the command line. It's not an exact match, either, but it's close enough for me. I had to use Font Forge to copy the SF fonts into LucidaGrande.dfont, and it worked like a charm, although you do lose Lucida Grande in the process. It doesn't work as well for Mountain Lion and its TTC font, as the authentication dialog box ends up falling back to the last resort font (i.e. squares).

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
I tried using Themepark 4.1 to pull files from my MBA with Sierra but it won't run. Damn it.

But I would like to make this a reality where it pulls info from the machine and replace the default "about this mac" in the Apple menu but I know nothing about Xcode so it'll be on the back burner.

Picture%201_1.png

Reactions: Altemose

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Let me dig around for a tutorial I found years ago. I changed my hackintosh to say ASUS HackBook Pro (Mid 2013). It's not hard.
[doublepost=1467920608][/doublepost]http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/11/how-to-edit-about-this-mac-on-hackintosh.html

Ok it's for a hackintosh but same principals should work.

The problem with this is the new style "about this mac" was introduced in Lion so I have to essentially build a compatible about this mac application that will work with Leopard. I'm sure it won't be hard, I just need to find the code to make MODEL_LABEL change to whatever the system has automatically.

I know in VB Basic programming under Windows it was relatively easy to make a label change to system info like the processor, ram, logged on user, etc.

Here was a program I made many years ago (and never finished) that would make that info appear on your wallpaper. http://www.dyniform.net/dtinfo.html

I was learning C# and VB Basic pretty well years ago, my program that I loved to make called MobiText was all VB Basic and worked well. Has flaws but it's not worth my time to go back and fix it. http://www.dyniform.net/mobitext.html

Last edited:

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
The problem with this is the new style "about this mac" was introduced in Lion so I have to essentially build a compatible about this mac application that will work with Leopard. I'm sure it won't be hard, I just need to find the code to make MODEL_LABEL change to whatever the system has automatically.
PAGING ALL DEVELOPERS! :p

Reactions: gavinstubbs09

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015

I know in VB Basic programming under Windows it was relatively easy to make a label change to system info like the processor, ram, logged on user, etc.

Here was a program I made many years ago (and never finished) that would make that info appear on your wallpaper. http://www.dyniform.net/dtinfo.html

I was learning C# and VB Basic pretty well years ago, my program that I loved to make called MobiText was all VB Basic and worked well. Has flaws but it's not worth my time to go back and fix it. http://www.dyniform.net/mobitext.html

That or write a script that opens more info immediately.

mundopick

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2016
hey guys i've found this theme created by Martin Ottosson that looks pretty similar to the nowadays mac os, it can be install with shapeshifter, id tried to install it on leopard and it's everything fine except that now my apple icons on the menu bar disappeared (volume,bluetooth,clock,etc.). Do you know how i can restore them?
here's the theme https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5ELJBJt6EAWMkowWjRXWWRVNEE
and a screenshot of it
Good_Grey_1.4_pr.png

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
hey guys i've found this theme created by Martin Ottosson that looks pretty similar to the nowadays mac os, it can be install with shapeshifter, id tried to install it on leopard and it's everything fine except that now my apple icons on the menu bar disappeared (volume,bluetooth,clock,etc.). Do you know how i can restore them?
here's the theme https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5ELJBJt6EAWMkowWjRXWWRVNEE
and a screenshot of it
Good_Grey_1.4_pr.png

Try going to system preferences and clicking "Show in menu bar" to everything. It might work. Either way, holy crap that looks nice.
[doublepost=1467948556][/doublepost]Pinging @gavinstubbs09 do you think this'll work?

mundopick

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2016
Try going to system preferences and clicking "Show in menu bar" to everything. It might work. Either way, holy crap that looks nice.
[doublepost=1467948556][/doublepost]Pinging @gavinstubbs09 do you think this'll work?
Thanks for the quick reply but i've already tried that out even clicking on the files located in System/Library/CoreServices/MenuExtras and had hopelessly not luck, It's nice you liked the theme I had a very bad day looking for it

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
Thanks for the quick reply but i've already tried that out even clicking on the files located in System/Library/CoreServices/MenuExtras and had hopelessly not luck, It's nice you liked the theme I had a very bad day looking for it

Try this:
Code:
sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.WindowServer 'EnvironmentVariables' -dict 'CI_NO_BACKGROUND_IMAGE' 1

Also, I can't figure out how to work shapeshifter. It keeps saying I need Application Enhancer. I can't find it online. Am I missing something?

swamprock

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2015
Michigan
I'll download the theme and see what I can do.

--

I guess no ShapeShifter for me. It doesn't like Leopard. Application Enhancer is installed too so I have no idea what it's problem is!

Yep... it only supports Tiger on down to ... Jaguar, I think? I know the older versions support Jaguar.

I've got the same theme installed on my G5...
g5.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.