Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
I only ask because I have no machines at home with Tiger on them. I'm just after the new files and finding where they are located!

I found an article made by a red/green colorblind man who changed the streetlights using his own program. This was in leopard too. Anywho, ill check it out tomorrow too.

swamprock

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2015
Michigan

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
Take a look at this: http://cobranail.deviantart.com/art/Yosemite-Theme-Clearify-477715451

This does the opposite of what you're trying to accomplish, but the themer explains what files the traffic lights are in on Yosemite. I haven't figured out how to extract them from the Shapeshifter theme yet...

Check this out as well. Some good info here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8170717/modifying-window-button-colors-in-mac-os-x

Crap you beat me to it. That was the post I found

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2016
France
If i can help , here's a blur wallpaper for the login screen:
macOS-Sierra-Wallpaper-Macbook-Wallpaperblur2.jpg

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2016
France
And , for any uses , a great welcome video :) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6y9a7dh951j45zz/El Capitain.mp4?dl=0
[doublepost=1468002939][/doublepost]
I tried using Themepark 4.1 to pull files from my MBA with Sierra but it won't run. Damn it.

But I would like to make this a reality where it pulls info from the machine and replace the default "about this mac" in the Apple menu but I know nothing about Xcode so it'll be on the back burner.

Picture%201_1.png
Got the solution for this :D,
Edit the .nib (that was left unencripted in Leopard only ) with the path : /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/AboutThisMac.nib
[doublepost=1468004584][/doublepost]Here is my first try of editing the About this mac , The labels seem to not to stay at the right place
Picture 1.png

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2016
France
I FINALY did it !
Here is the final result:
Picture 4.png

Please credit me if you use it somewhere ;)

How to install:
Drag the resources given into /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/Resources/
LOG OUT AND LOG BACK IN
the new "About this mac" window should be working

You must have your computer in english for the window to work, else it will be normal

Attachments

• Resources to replace.zip
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,569

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta
I FINALY did it !
Here is the final result:
View attachment 639512
Please credit me if you use it somewhere ;)

How to install:
Drag the resources given into /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/Resources/
LOG OUT AND LOG BACK IN
the new "About this mac" window should be working

You must have your computer in english for the window to work, else it will be normal

Nice progress! I'll try it out on my Quad :)

Reactions: SourceSunTom

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
maybe try running it on a Pi or Intel NUC ;)

on a more serious note, try redownloading the files and replacing them again, maybe they were corrupted?

Very very funny. And I tried that. It just seems to be the line MacOS Sierra-Leopard. It's like it is sitting on the information. Maybe I could just delete it?

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2016
Wow, nice work everyone! I can't wait for the official release! Even though I still think skeuomorphism looks better than flat UI, I would like to do this with my iMac G5 and pretend Apple still supports PPC. Talk about living in an alternative reality! :D

That About This Mac screen is absolutely tight, love it. Would it be potentially possible for it to list GPU and VRAM too, like the real Sierra About This Mac screen?

Also, will this pack be renamed to Sierra Theme for OS X Leopard? After all, Sierra didn't change all that much UI wise.

And at last, a screenshot of my iMac G5 with that About This Mac mod. Just imagine flat traffic lights, icons and top bar, and it gets really close to the real deal.

Picture 1.png

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta
Wow, nice work everyone! I can't wait for the official release! Even though I still think skeuomorphism looks better than flat UI, I would like to do this with my iMac G5 and pretend Apple still supports PPC. Talk about living in an alternative reality! :D

That About This Mac screen is absolutely tight, love it. Would it be potentially possible for it to list GPU and VRAM too, like the real Sierra About This Mac screen?

Also, will this pack be renamed to Sierra Theme for OS X Leopard? After all, Sierra didn't change all that much UI wise.

And at last, a screenshot of my iMac G5 with that About This Mac mod. Just imagine flat traffic lights, icons and top bar, and it gets really close to the real deal.

View attachment 639565
Yup! I'd change the title but I can't apparently.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Very very funny. And I tried that. It just seems to be the line MacOS Sierra-Leopard. It's like it is sitting on the information. Maybe I could just delete it?
You could try, but as proven by my testing, it seems to just be your machine. Have any others to test on?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.