Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
@jbarley I assume is not not quite that simple, i replaced all the bottom files by white 40% transparent in photoshop and curved edges, then i replaced the stacks by same method. for the buttons i used the ones in el capitain dock file. in total there are more than 20 images replaced.
btw the facebook gobbledygook was supposed to be a badge, that didnt work, linking to my profile, so that i can add gavin and trade information
@Ih8reno, the files need to be placed at resource inside dock app

[doublepost=1457491647][/doublepost]
IF you want the dock the same way is in my picture, use these files. there are 32 PNGs that need to be placed inside system/library/coreservices/dock/resources. Note backup Resource folder, delete the original duplicated files and then place the mines. Later on i pretend adding more modifications and make it look more like yosemite. If you use snow leopard, gotta use a patch called expose fixed located here http://shijan.deviantart.com/art/Actual-Scrollbars-Expose-Fix-for-10-6-412948480

theres just a bug, idk how to replace the dock font color to black, so if i set up a opaque background, closer to yosemite/el captain you wont see whats written on the stacks

gavin can use those files in his project, and when i get the time, by weekend, add me on faceboo so we can talk
Do you care if I do a how to guide with this using some icons I have? I'll take my icon pack down the second his is up. I just want your permission before I shoot the video.

EDIT: Apparently the Yosemite pack is out there floating around, so do you care if I use this in a how to guide?

Last edited:

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta
Do you care if I do a how to guide with this using some icons I have? I'll take my icon pack down the second his is up. I just want your permission before I shoot the video.

EDIT: Apparently the Yosemite pack is out there floating around, so do you care if I use this in a how to guide?

Go for it!

There is already a pack up, its just the Yosemite icons though

I should list the old pack back up, but I've been so sidetracked lately and have a broken G5 so I haven't bothered to do anything regarding the pack lately.

If I ever get a chance I'll throw my x1900 into my Mac Pro to run Leopard and finish the pack that way.

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
Go for it!

I should list the old pack back up, but I've been so sidetracked lately and have a broken G5 so I haven't bothered to do anything regarding the pack lately.

If I ever get a chance I'll throw my x1900 into my Mac Pro to run Leopard and finish the pack that way.

Ok I'll list the video here. It'll probably be tomorrow. I didn't use your icon pack but if you re release it I'll update the video, or take mine down altogether. I'm not trying to take anyone's credit or anything, just wanting to make a how to video

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta

Here's my how to guide. Sorry I refer to you as the powerpc archive guy. I have been having camera trouble so I try to get vids done in one take real fast. Thanks again guys.

It's all good, appreciate the video!

Be assured, the new pack will be much easier to swap icons in CandyBar. Most of the icons will automatically update however some individual icons may need to be swapped manually.

Reactions: sawpits

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
It's all good, appreciate the video!

Be assured, the new pack will be much easier to swap icons in CandyBar. Most of the icons will automatically update however some individual icons may need to be swapped manually.

That sounds amazing. Because manually updating is tedious. (Especially when you have to scour the Internet for that one safari icon.)

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
I have this working on Tiger. You need pixadex to do it, but oh dear sweet God is it beautiful. It's like having a higher res Tiger.

R3b3lx

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2016
Pumped for your new theme. I actually just bought a Powermac g5 dual 2.3 with the 256mb video card and 8GB RAM a week ago and am floored such a cool update is coming in the next few days...

Cheers!

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
If only we could have a Siri-like app....Sorry I've been playing with the Sierra beta. I accidentally "Hey Siri'd" my powerbook G4 this morning.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Wow, people in here are so f'in rude... I get that everyone wants this theme and all, but sometimes life gets in the way (like Gavin's car wreck) and you cant make a deadline. It annoys me to see that even though he clearly said he needs more time, people still cry about wanting it on time.

Wake up and realize the world doesnt revolve around you...

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Look, guys, Gavin is doing this 100% of his own time and initiative and it sounds like he has other stuff going on in his life now.

He's not charging anything for the icon pack. He'll release it-I'm sure-when he knows it's finished and has the time to do that.

Beyond that, get a life rather than bug him about doing something that-as I said-he's doing entirely on his own.

Reactions: Gamer9430

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
OK Guys, my post really got misunderstood apparently.

I'm no way obliging anybody to get things done here, the previous post was about it being ready on the 24th whereas it states it would be on the 29th on the first page. Hence the smiley.

gavinstubbs09 and everybody, my sincere apologies , and appreciate all the effort into this project.

Reactions: Gamer9430

mundopick

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2016
could someone write a guide on how to change the traffic lights on leopard? i've tried to download themepark 4.1 but it says is not compatible for ppc

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
could someone write a guide on how to change the traffic lights on leopard? i've tried to download themepark 4.1 but it says is not compatible for ppc
I used an Intel Mac with Snow Leopard to run ThemePark 4.1 and it worked fine with the Leopard ArtFile.bin. If you don't have an Intel Mac, try looking for an older version of ThemePark.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.