Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
Revert the changes to the about this Mac screen before the install

Revert the changes? The original ATM is gone. It was gone when I installed the first time. That's what replace does.
[doublepost=1468040476][/doublepost]I just need someone to guide me to the line I need to erase. That's all.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Revert the changes? The original ATM is gone. It was gone when I installed the first time. That's what replace does.
[doublepost=1468040476][/doublepost]I just need someone to guide me to the line I need to erase. That's all.

Are you really that much of an idiot that you DIDN'T BACKUP THE ORIGINAL FILE?! Every other person who tested it backed up the file because we knew better, yet the guy who has COMPUTER REPAIR in his username didn't backup an important system file so that IN THE EVENT SOMETHING GOES WRONG, YOU COULD REVERT TO IT.

You're on your own with this one, because this is just plain absurd.

EDIT: I withdraw my comment since I was way out of line. I apologize for my actions and for the hateful remarks put towards Adam.

Last edited:

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
The new about this mac looks pretty sweet on my G5!

And no, I don't have the Mountain Leopard theme installed. If it was a must I would, but that just adds extra to the pack that isn't needed.

About%20This%20Mac%20LEOPARD.png

[doublepost=1468051016][/doublepost]
This thread makes me nostalgic for my Titanium Powerbook G4. Keep it up guys!

Thanks!

--

I'd love to see somebody running the future pack on a 15" or 17" PowerBook G4 and bring it into Apple, just to confuse them :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamer9430

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2016
France
The new about this mac looks pretty sweet on my G5!

And no, I don't have the Mountain Leopard theme installed. If it was a must I would, but that just adds extra to the pack that isn't needed.

About%20This%20Mac%20LEOPARD.png
You should play arround with the labels , since the code changes the location of everything :/
Did you see that the code wasn't aligned properly ?

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2016
France
I'm actually trying to install a Leopard virtual image to work faster on a faster computer,
And open ThemePark on it :)

Here is what i found so far :
Capture d'écran 2016-07-09 at 10.41.41.png

Edit: I made this work on Snow leopard , still need to try it on leopard

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
Are you really that much of an idiot that you DIDN'T BACKUP THE ORIGINAL FILE?! Every other person who tested it backed up the file because we knew better, yet the guy who has COMPUTER REPAIR in his username didn't backup an important system file so that IN THE EVENT SOMETHING GOES WRONG, YOU COULD REVERT TO IT.

You're on your own with this one, because this is just plain absurd.

I didn't think to make a backup since everyone's seemed to be "foolproof." I'm not an idiot by any means and I'd appreciate you not calling me one. I'll tell you one thing. Soon as this threads done I'm done with this forum. I came here during the unsupported Mac days hoping to find people who were interested in computer modding like me. Instead I've suffered the likes of you calling me an idiot because I forgot to do something. I see that Gavin posted an unspoiled version. And that's great. But I'm gonna reinstall leopard from the very get go and see if I can't make this work. Like you said, either I've installed something or I haven't got something but it's something because my G4 is the outlier.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I didn't think to make a backup since everyone's seemed to be "foolproof." I'm not an idiot by any means and I'd appreciate you not calling me one. I'll tell you one thing. Soon as this threads done I'm done with this forum. I came here during the unsupported Mac days hoping to find people who were interested in computer modding like me. Instead I've suffered the likes of you calling me an idiot because I forgot to do something. I see that Gavin posted an unspoiled version. And that's great. But I'm gonna reinstall leopard from the very get go and see if I can't make this work. Like you said, either I've installed something or I haven't got something but it's something because my G4 is the outlier.

Alright, I apologize for calling you an idiot, that was a bit too far. But you have to understand that this was by no means a "foolproof" replacement for a critical system file. Like any brand new software (especially one that modifies system files), usage should be taken with caution and there should always be a thing to fallback to in case something goes wrong. Once again, I sincerely apologize for stepping out of line like I did and it was unfair of me to deny you support. After all, the purpose of these forums is to help one another out. Please let me know if you need any more help in fixing your ATM in case Gavin's original version does not work for some reason.
[doublepost=1468076590][/doublepost]
I'm actually trying to install a Leopard virtual image to work faster on a faster computer,
And open ThemePark on it :)

Here is what i found so far :
View attachment 639595
Edit: I made this work on Snow leopard , still need to try it on leopard

you got the full screen command working under snow leopard?

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
Alright, I apologize for calling you an idiot, that was a bit too far. But you have to understand that this was by no means a "foolproof" replacement for a critical system file. Like any brand new software (especially one that modifies system files), usage should be taken with caution and there should always be a thing to fallback to in case something goes wrong. Once again, I sincerely apologize for stepping out of line like I did and it was unfair of me to deny you support. After all, the purpose of these forums is to help one another out. Please let me know if you need any more help in fixing your ATM in case Gavin's original version does not work for some reason.
[doublepost=1468076590][/doublepost]

you got the full screen command working under snow leopard?

It's cool. I'm gonna do a reinstall. I have my apps copied over, and my 10.5 DVD loading a fresh install. I'll let you know my results. I'm also gonna run mountain leopard for good measure before doing anything else.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
It's cool. I'm gonna do a reinstall. I have my apps copied over, and my 10.5 DVD loading a fresh install. I'll let you know my results. I'm also gonna run mountain leopard for good measure before doing anything else.
Thanks. I 100% recommend installing Mountain Leopard in conjunction with the theme. Even with the original Yosemite Icon pack, Gavin recommended using Mountain Leopard with the pack to make it look more modern.

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
Thanks. I 100% recommend installing Mountain Leopard in conjunction with the theme. Even with the original Yosemite Icon pack, Gavin recommended using Mountain Leopard with the pack to make it look more modern.

I loved mountain leopard anyway. When I first had my eMac, I ran mountain leopard and tweaked it to look like mavericks

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2016
France
I was wondering how we are going to do the theming on Leopard
I was doing it on Snow Leopard because ThemePark works on their

So , for PowerPC's to change the theme , must i edit the S/Artfile.bin or the Extra.rscs ?

I've managed to get some of the Serria GUI images (Ask me for other GUI images),
I'm uploading them if you wish to help me:

Attachments

• untitled folder.zip
    697.5 KB · Views: 309

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
I was wondering how we are going to do the theming on Leopard
I was doing it on Snow Leopard because ThemePark works on their

So , for PowerPC's to change the theme , must i edit the S/Artfile.bin or the Extra.rscs ?

I've managed to get some of the Serria GUI images (Ask me for other GUI images),
I'm uploading them if you wish to help me:

What file under CoreServices did you need to go into to pull the streetlight buttons?

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
I tried to change the artfile on my DLSD a few months back... resulted in a nice prohibited sign on boot, must have messed something up.... I got the menu bar to be "flat" and slightly frosted, along with the apple logo being solid black. It messed up when I went to try and edit the stop lights, I didn't replace the files, I edited the images, and that could have been it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.