Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raging09

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2016
The gray theme probably wouldn't work because its meant for OS X Tiger and not Leopard. Also the theme as far as I can tell only works with ShapeShifter which isn't compatible with Leopard.
[doublepost=1468168821][/doublepost]Also the theme files I believe are different between Intel and PowerPC Macs but I'm not exactly sure.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Just for proof of concept, I decided to install the theme on my Mountain Lion iMac. Sure enough, worked perfectly. I had to manually put in some icons in candybar and the dock was a bit harder to do being that it has had a few updates since Leopard, but it worked. Also, the TenFourFoxBox apps for iCloud were a no-go since TFF doesn't run on Mountain Lion, nor Intel in general. Lastly, I was unable to replace the login screen background without doing it manually. There is an app called Loginox that replaces the login screen wallpaper, but sadly it doesn't support ML anymore and I cant seem to find an old version anywhere online, including the official website.

Raging09

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2016
Just for proof of concept, I decided to install the theme on my Mountain Lion iMac. Sure enough, worked perfectly. I had to manually put in some icons in candybar and the dock was a bit harder to do being that it has had a few updates since Leopard, but it worked. Also, the TenFourFoxBox apps for iCloud were a no-go since TFF doesn't run on Mountain Lion, nor Intel in general. Lastly, I was unable to replace the login screen background without doing it manually. There is an app called Loginox that replaces the login screen wallpaper, but sadly it doesn't support ML anymore and I cant seem to find an old version anywhere online, including the official website.
OK here is the newest version of Loginox that I could find for mountain lion ;)
https://goo.gl/0Umd7w

Reactions: Gamer9430

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If only I could use it to get old YouTube videos back.... Channel got hacked once. Lost everything.

Sorry just reminiscing.
Yeah, there's a YouTube channel I miss, a lot. SmashStuff30/TheOriginalHDChannel, basically destroyed stuff he found at a nearby junk in Japan in a hilarious manner. He'd put stuff in his house, like lawn mowers and broken computers, set them up, and "try" to get them to work, and in the process he'd completely destroy them with a golf club. I found it absolutely hilarious since his commentary of trying to fix the stuff while smashing it even more was very funny. Anyway, enough reminiscing about old YouTube channels.

Reactions: R3b3lx

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta
I was gone last evening and all day today doing an engine swap in my ongoing (since March) truck
project (also not my wrecked truck, identical to it though! it's just grey not white oh and it's a diesel not gas), so no updates on the pack for today.

Rolling an engine hoist around in sand sucks btw. And the blue truck is my new truck after the wreck.

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0226_1.jpg

WalnutSpice

Suspended
Jun 21, 2015
Canton, Oh
I was gone last evening and all day today doing an engine swap in my ongoing (since March) truck
project (also not my wrecked truck, identical to it though! it's just grey not white oh and it's a diesel not gas), so no updates on the pack for today.

Rolling an engine hoist around in sand sucks btw. And the blue truck is my new truck after the wreck.

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0226_1.jpg
What camera did you take these photos with?

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2016
France
@jbarley I assume is not not quite that simple, i replaced all the bottom files by white 40% transparent in photoshop and curved edges, then i replaced the stacks by same method. for the buttons i used the ones in el capitain dock file. in total there are more than 20 images replaced.
btw the facebook gobbledygook was supposed to be a badge, that didnt work, linking to my profile, so that i can add gavin and trade information
@Ih8reno, the files need to be placed at resource inside dock app

[doublepost=1457491647][/doublepost]
IF you want the dock the same way is in my picture, use these files. there are 32 PNGs that need to be placed inside system/library/coreservices/dock/resources. Note backup Resource folder, delete the original duplicated files and then place the mines. Later on i pretend adding more modifications and make it look more like yosemite. If you use snow leopard, gotta use a patch called expose fixed located here http://shijan.deviantart.com/art/Actual-Scrollbars-Expose-Fix-for-10-6-412948480

theres just a bug, idk how to replace the dock font color to black, so if i set up a opaque background, closer to yosemite/el captain you wont see whats written on the stacks

gavin can use those files in his project, and when i get the time, by weekend, add me on faceboo so we can talk
Can you guys click 75px above the dock ?
I can't when the dock is installed for me :/ (i know why)
I'm on snow leopard right now , and would know if the bug is on Leopard or not :)

(BTW, making a better version)
Capture d'écran 2016-07-11 at 19.04.01.png

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
Can you guys click 75px above the dock ?
I can't when the dock is installed for me :/ (i know why)
I'm on snow leopard right now , and would know if the bug is on Leopard or not :)

(BTW, making a better version)
View attachment 639853

Could we possibly rip the El Capitan/Sierra dock?
[doublepost=1468258302][/doublepost]MERGED Ok I tried to just copy stuff over, no dice. I'm not sure how to make the dock look more....glassy. You'd have to find a way to actively change the color of the dock. It's like a blurred clear if that makes sense.

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2016
France
Could we possibly rip the El Capitan/Sierra dock?
[doublepost=1468258302][/doublepost]MERGED Ok I tried to just copy stuff over, no dice. I'm not sure how to make the dock look more....glassy. You'd have to find a way to actively change the color of the dock. It's like a blurred clear if that makes sense.
We cannot "Rip" the Yosemite dock as it is for intel 64bit devices, and uses intel 64bit libraries

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2016
France
The Lion/Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite/El Capitan/Sierra Dock is compiled for Intel so this obviously won't work. You'd have to find a way to modify the Leopard Dock's binary in order to make it look like the newer one.
You forgot Snow leopard too, that dock won't run on powerpc ever

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.