Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
*Im no expert with AppleScript*

Here's what I was thinking, having the Artfile.bin and all the dock images be used as normal, then have the dark mode files set to have the .bak extension. An AppleScript could run to change the extensions and then have it reboot to save changes

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2016
France
*Im no expert with AppleScript*

Here's what I was thinking, having the Artfile.bin and all the dock images be used as normal, then have the dark mode files set to have the .bak extension. An AppleScript could run to change the extensions and then have it reboot to save changes
That's not the problem , the problem is making the artfiles xD
[doublepost=1468479936][/doublepost]will take time and i don't see he point of ding that

Reactions: gavinstubbs09

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2016
France
Forced the translucent menu bar on my Powerbook G4, works great :)
Copied every art file, no crash

Attachments

• Fichier 14-07-2016 16 02 49.jpeg
    Fichier 14-07-2016 16 02 49.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 201

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2016
France
Made an Alfred theme, (found an old powerpc version)
Picture 2.png

But, alfred no longer sells their "Powerpack" (paid version)
The only way i found is using a key generator , i'm relly not happy doing this but that was my only choice since they no longer sell their paid version,
Since i'm not for piracy i'm not liking the key generator ,
Here is the alfred version for powerPC}
http://mac.filehorse.com/download-alfred/973/

Attachments

• SerriaAlfred.alfredtheme.zip
    565 bytes · Views: 401

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
Does anyone know a way to modify the menubar shadow?
On yosemite/El cap/Sierra , the shadow isn't the same
I used a program when I did a similar effect on my PBG4, I have it installed on my Quad at home, but I'm on vacation right now and can tell you the name on Saturday.
[doublepost=1468538307][/doublepost]I found it!! It's called DeskShade

Reactions: SourceSunTom

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2016
France
Ok , so the theme is perfect exept in finder because it uses somehow it ones title bar theme :/
Can anyone upload the tiger Finder.app for me to test it on leopard
(Yes, i'm crazy and will probably need to reinstall leopard :p)

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2013
Not gonna lie, that video took long enough that if no one likes it I'll just delete it and move on. Fonts are the least of my concerns. Thanks anyway.
No, its a great video! I seriously (other than the font) thought it was an apple vid. We should seriously blend our theme into an install ISO and remove the drivers and crap.

EDIT: if its an FCPx or a iMovie project I can edit it. I am curious to see what the size/resolution of the original video is. A different codec would benefit.

Orizence

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2014
No, its a great video! I seriously (other than the font) thought it was an apple vid. We should seriously blend our theme into an install ISO and remove the drivers and crap.

EDIT: if its an FCPx or a iMovie project I can edit it. I am curious to see what the size/resolution of the original video is. A different codec would benefit.
Even though its been ages since i customized a install dvd like that, Im more than happy to help. But I won't mess with the drivers. But I need to know if there is even a interest so I can figure out how to do it again.

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015

I edited it on Final Cut Pro 10.2.3. I made the apple logo by taking a transparent black logo and photoshopping it to the Sierra wallpaper. I didn't like it, so after zooming in, I thought the pink horizon looked the best. The rest was effects and transitions. I used the blurred background found here and the one that came with Sierra at the end. Some languages simply wouldn't work so I used google translate, cut them, pasted into text edit, bumped the font size up, and pasted into FCPX. The original video was 1920x1080 at 30 FPS but I realized that won't play on older G4's so I intentionally exported in 720x480. I also used the music from the Snow Leopard welcome video. I hope this clears anything up. I love the idea of making an installer.

Orizence

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2014
I edited it on Final Cut Pro 10.2.3. I made the apple logo by taking a transparent black logo and photoshopping it to the Sierra wallpaper. I didn't like it, so after zooming in, I thought the pink horizon looked the best. The rest was effects and transitions. I used the blurred background found here and the one that came with Sierra at the end. Some languages simply wouldn't work so I used google translate, cut them, pasted into text edit, bumped the font size up, and pasted into FCPX. The original video was 1920x1080 at 30 FPS but I realized that won't play on older G4's so I intentionally exported in 720x480. I also used the music from the Snow Leopard welcome video. I hope this clears anything up. I love the idea of making an installer.
I really like this video!

ifrit05

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2013
Near Detroit, MI. USA
Just saw this thread. Nice.

I used to have a Lion theme (With the widgets [buttons] changed too), maybe we can get the same for flat style UX like in Yosemite.

Also, I had a working modern "About this Mac" app for PPC I made but lost it a while ago... Might rework it and release it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.